My anticipation list:
1) Why on earth is Misha there?
2) Is there anything more than clashing personalities to the feud between Shizzy and Lils?
3) Will Kenji mellow out or snap and go off the deep end as the game proceeds?
4) Is Rin really the love child of an alien and a time travelling android on crack?
5) Who and what the heck is Hideaki?
6) What will Yuuko's role in the remaining acts be?
50) What will the H-scenes be like?
Why would they be of a lower quality than other parts of the game?
'cause they're difficult to write, according to even the devs themselves. I will admit, if the H-scenes turn out to be significantly different from the standard high school VN-fare during my first time through the game, I'll be a lot more eager to see how they've handled them in other routes.
Like lots of people said, H-scenes in many VN's suffer from the fact that they're H-scenes and are even more prone to cliché's than normal scenes. In most VN's I've played, consensual intercourse goes like this:
(CG of girl kissing boy, sometimes this involves the girl kissing the fourth wall if the CG is meant to be seen through the protagonist's POV)
(CG of boy kissing/stroking girl's chest)
- Mandatory remark from boy about the girl's size/softness.
- Mandatory embarassed reply from girl. "Baka" is included for good measure if girl in question is of the tsundere archetype.
(CG of foreplay)
- Usually it's the boy who gets the size-remark here, although this time no embarassed reaction is given.
(CG of girl having intercourse, often with boy's disembodied member)
- If this is girl's first time, some blood must be shown and girl must feel discomfort for at least 2, but preferably no more than 10 lines of text after which she can go as crazy as she likes.
- Girl will shout it's hot.
- Girl will scream it's big.
- Girl will shout it's hitting her cervix.
- Boy will describe how his member is being crushed.
- Girl will describe every action in awkward detail.
- Impeding mutual orgasm is announced.
- If VN is voiced, cue the kind of scream most human beings only make when being hit by a taser gun.
- If boy pulls out in time, cue exagerrated amount of semen.
- If boy doesn't pull out, cue girl's "safe day" remark.
Okay, obviously I'm exaggerating a bit here, but I do feel that when you've played several VN's, H-scenes often start becoming predictable to the point of almost appearing to be "stock material".
With that being said, right now I'm still having the expectation that, the devs being familiar with VN's and VN tropes themselves, they'll be genre savvy enough not to make things too clichéd.