Relating to a KS character

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
Yubiseiharukana
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:58 pm
Location: Remember that guy stalking you earlier?
Contact:

Relating to a KS character

Post by Yubiseiharukana » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:50 am

This might be a tad late to have a conversation like this with the release of the full version on the horizon, but I just wanted to know if anybody could relate to the events in Act 1 as well as I could. For me, I felt like I could really relate to Hisao and Hanako the most, Hisao especially. Hanako I felt connected to because I have an acute social anxiety disorder that makes it difficult for me to communicate with others unless I'm absolutely comfortable with them, and Hisao for a plethora of reasons: one, my father passed away at the young age of 36 due to complications with his enlarged heart caused partially by his mild arrhythmia, and two, I found myself over the past year essentially living in my local hospital for a period of about 6 months due to complications with my acute hypocalcemia. So when all of these things happened to me and I went back and played Act 1 again, I was scared at how many comparisons I could make with the two characters. Can anyone else relate to any of the characters on a personal level like I can?
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."
- Emo Philips

User avatar
Worthington
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:20 pm
Location: The Grid
Contact:

Re: Relating to a KS character

Post by Worthington » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:59 pm

I don't trust women.
Got my feet in the air and my head on the ground.

Kenji=Rin>Akira>Hideaki>Hachisame>Lilly>Takashi>Miki>Emi>Nurse>Misha>Mutou>Shizune>Yuuko>Nomiya>Hanako

Worthington's Wondrous Writeshop
Magnesium Ninja Studios

User avatar
Erybis
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:00 am

Re: Relating to a KS character

Post by Erybis » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:37 pm

Kenji, but instead of the hate against women, it's against humanity. Its what happens one you're beaten on a weekly basis and told that you're a terrible burden on the family, at the age of ten. It forces Misanthropy into your soul. So one question; What happened to Kenji?

User avatar
Brogurt
Posts: 671
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Relating to a KS character

Post by Brogurt » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:05 pm

Erybis wrote:Kenji, but instead of the hate against women, it's against humanity. Its what happens one you're beaten on a weekly basis and told that you're a terrible burden on the family, at the age of ten. It forces Misanthropy into your soul. So one question; What happened to Kenji?
Get his Act 1 Ending and find out

User avatar
blackrising
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:31 am
Location: under your bed...
Contact:

Re: Relating to a KS character

Post by blackrising » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:59 pm

Misha. The girl that's always just the bro and DOES NOT GET A PATH. *sob*

On a serious note, though, I guess it'd be Hanako. I'm not good with people either and I understand the comfort of a quiet corner in the library, secluded from the world. Also Kenji, in a way. But like Erybis, my hate and paranoia is directed towards humanity as a whole, not women.
I think no one can really truly relate to RIn, but people generally don't understand what I'm saying, so there's that.
Misha worshipper to the core. WAHAHAHA~

Misha>Rin=Hanako=Lilly>>Shizune>Emi

Since I was no bigger than a weavil they've been saying I was evil
That if "bad" was a boot that I'd fit it
That I'm a wicked young lady, but I've been trying hard lately
O fuck it! I'm a monster! I admit it!

User avatar
Yubiseiharukana
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:58 pm
Location: Remember that guy stalking you earlier?
Contact:

Re: Relating to a KS character

Post by Yubiseiharukana » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:50 pm

blackrising wrote:Misha. The girl that's always just the bro and DOES NOT GET A PATH. *sob*
GOD it's like the "I like you as a friend, but not anything more" treatment that Misha gets, which I can totally relate to :lol: .
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."
- Emo Philips

Guest

Re: Relating to a KS character

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:45 pm

Kenji, cause I don't trust women.

purple haired Katawa Shoujo character

Re: Relating to a KS character

Post by purple haired Katawa Shoujo character » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:46 pm

I could relate to Hanako the most. Even though her shyness was on a more extreme level, I wasn't really into being with other people during school. I would play the floor game and I would read books all the time. That's probably why I like Lilly the most.

User avatar
Worthington
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:20 pm
Location: The Grid
Contact:

Re: Relating to a KS character

Post by Worthington » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:51 am

blackrising wrote: I think no one can really truly relate to RIn, but people generally don't understand what I'm saying, so there's that.
I can relate to Rin; i'm oft ostracized because sometimes no one understands what i'm saying. I'm also ALWAYS HIGH like she evidently is :wink:
blackrising wrote:Misha. The girl that's always just the bro and DOES NOT GET A PATH. *sob*
areyoume.jpg
Got my feet in the air and my head on the ground.

Kenji=Rin>Akira>Hideaki>Hachisame>Lilly>Takashi>Miki>Emi>Nurse>Misha>Mutou>Shizune>Yuuko>Nomiya>Hanako

Worthington's Wondrous Writeshop
Magnesium Ninja Studios

User avatar
Sturlson
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:18 am

Re: Relating to a KS character

Post by Sturlson » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:45 am

I don't personally think there's an overwhelming resemblance to any of them (except the whole Kenji, borderline hikkikimori thing), though one of my friends consistently informs me that I'm a cynic bastard, so I suppose I could go for Hisao if I wanted to.
"You wouldn't shoot a policeman, and then steal his helmet. You wouldn't go to the toilet in his helmet...and then send it to the policeman's grieving widow...and then steal it again!"

User avatar
Roy-Kr
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:48 pm

Re: Relating to a KS character

Post by Roy-Kr » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:49 pm

Yubiseiharukana wrote:GOD it's like the "I like you as a friend, but not anything more" treatment that Misha gets, which I can totally relate to :lol: .
Negro please, Misha is more like "you all want me but no one can have me", which is the opposite of what you're relating to. You think Misha doesn't have a route because Hisao isn't interested? Hell no.
Hamachi ID: Melty Blood EU
Password: sugoisugoi

User avatar
blackrising
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:31 am
Location: under your bed...
Contact:

Re: Relating to a KS character

Post by blackrising » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:49 pm

Roy-Kr wrote:
Yubiseiharukana wrote:GOD it's like the "I like you as a friend, but not anything more" treatment that Misha gets, which I can totally relate to :lol: .
Negro please, Misha is more like "you all want me but no one can have me", which is the opposite of what you're relating to. You think Misha doesn't have a route because Hisao isn't interested? Hell no.
Oh, god, it's true.
It's pretty arrogant of us to assume that Misha won't have a path because Hisao isn't interested, is it? I never thought of it that way.

...Great, now I can't even get virtual girls to like me.
Misha worshipper to the core. WAHAHAHA~

Misha>Rin=Hanako=Lilly>>Shizune>Emi

Since I was no bigger than a weavil they've been saying I was evil
That if "bad" was a boot that I'd fit it
That I'm a wicked young lady, but I've been trying hard lately
O fuck it! I'm a monster! I admit it!

User avatar
Erybis
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:00 am

Re: Relating to a KS character

Post by Erybis » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:01 pm

blackrising wrote:
Roy-Kr wrote:
Yubiseiharukana wrote:GOD it's like the "I like you as a friend, but not anything more" treatment that Misha gets, which I can totally relate to :lol: .
Negro please, Misha is more like "you all want me but no one can have me", which is the opposite of what you're relating to. You think Misha doesn't have a route because Hisao isn't interested? Hell no.
Oh, god, it's true.
It's pretty arrogant of us to assume that Misha won't have a path because Hisao isn't interested, is it? I never thought of it that way.

...Great, now I can't even get virtual girls to like me.
Actually, it's stated on the FAQ that Misha will not get a route. Sorry to crush your hopes.

pedrosorio
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 7:13 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Relating to a KS character

Post by pedrosorio » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:34 am

Erybis wrote: Actually, it's stated on the FAQ that Misha will not get a route. Sorry to crush your hopes.
Failing to read the thread -> Accomplished! :wink:

They were debating the "Misha doesn't have a path because Hisao isn't interested" vs "Misha doesn't have a path because she isn't interested"

User avatar
Erybis
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:00 am

Re: Relating to a KS character

Post by Erybis » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:00 am

pedrosorio wrote:
Erybis wrote: Actually, it's stated on the FAQ that Misha will not get a route. Sorry to crush your hopes.
Failing to read the thread -> Accomplished! :wink:

They were debating the "Misha doesn't have a path because Hisao isn't interested" vs "Misha doesn't have a path because she isn't interested"
Actually, there's a discussion that there could be a Misha "route" as a bad end to the Shizune path.

Post Reply