which of the girls are yandere

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
Guest Poster

Re: which of the girls are yandere

Post by Guest Poster » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:00 am

I actually think that's Misha's smile. Emi doesn't grin like that.

Kenji's the only one who could probably be a yandere without a lot of weird twists, since he's already kinda nuts to begin with.

User avatar
Worthington
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:20 pm
Location: The Grid
Contact:

Re: which of the girls are yandere

Post by Worthington » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:05 pm

Guest Poster wrote: Kenji's the only one who could probably be a yandere without a lot of weird twists, since he's already kinda nuts to begin with.
>Kenji.
>Yandere.
>Not weird.
Image
Got my feet in the air and my head on the ground.

Kenji=Rin>Akira>Hideaki>Hachisame>Lilly>Takashi>Miki>Emi>Nurse>Misha>Mutou>Shizune>Yuuko>Nomiya>Hanako

Worthington's Wondrous Writeshop
Magnesium Ninja Studios

purple haired Katawa Shoujo character

Re: which of the girls are yandere

Post by purple haired Katawa Shoujo character » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:48 am

Yandere scene should occur only after Hisao snorts a shitload of cocaine. Otherwise, it would not make anhy sense

User avatar
Erybis
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:00 am

Re: which of the girls are yandere

Post by Erybis » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:06 pm

purple haired Katawa Shoujo character wrote:Yandere scene should occur only after Hisao snorts a shitload of cocaine. Otherwise, it would not make anhy sense
If he did that, his heart would explode out of his chest. Not literally, but it would probably fatal to someone with arrhythmia.

Drkstrm
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: which of the girls are yandere

Post by Drkstrm » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:53 pm

Erybis wrote:
purple haired Katawa Shoujo character wrote:Yandere scene should occur only after Hisao snorts a shitload of cocaine. Otherwise, it would not make anhy sense
If he did that, his heart would explode out of his chest. Not literally, but it would probably fatal to someone with arrhythmia.
Actually, it's been medically proven that snorting a bucket of cocaine will cause those with heart problems to experience what's known in the medical profession as "Freaking Heart Asplosion." It achieves approximately the same results as a smashing a hollow, bloody pig's head with a mallet.

So yeah, yandere isn't that out of the ordinary...

User avatar
Erybis
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:00 am

Re: which of the girls are yandere

Post by Erybis » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:03 pm

Drkstrm wrote:
Erybis wrote:
purple haired Katawa Shoujo character wrote:Yandere scene should occur only after Hisao snorts a shitload of cocaine. Otherwise, it would not make anhy sense
If he did that, his heart would explode out of his chest. Not literally, but it would probably fatal to someone with arrhythmia.
Actually, it's been medically proven that snorting a bucket of cocaine will cause those with heart problems to experience what's known in the medical profession as "Freaking Heart Asplosion." It achieves approximately the same results as a smashing a hollow, bloody pig's head with a mallet.

So yeah, yandere isn't that out of the ordinary...
But doctor, I thought that only happens from the "Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique!"

If you don't know that is, watch Kill Bill. I looooooove Kill Bill.

User avatar
Palas
Posts: 223
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:25 am
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Re: which of the girls are yandere

Post by Palas » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:29 am

Guest Poster wrote:
And Yet so far Lilly is nothing more nothing less than a Purity Sue.
Except for the times when she's not. Lilly is popular, but not universally liked. She's polite and well-behaved, but not unflappable. (instead of getting directly nasty like Shizune whenever she gets agitated, she gets passive-agressive instead) She's lady-like, but occasionally shows a more playful side in private. Lilly's at her most interesting during the occasional moments you get a peek behind her Purity Sue facade.

While I can see why people see Hanako as a possible yandere (she's the only one who seems too repressed to vent pent-up frustrations if too many of them accumulated in a short while), I'd personally find it a turn-off if she actually went yandere. What was refreshing about KS was the fact it managed to give a lot of typical VN/anime tropes a little twist. A confession in the snow that results in a heart attack, a bromantic foil who hates women, a meet cute that nearly kills you, a student council that has great responsibility, but no great power to accompany it. A straight yandere-scene would be too cliché to fit in well.
While that is true, we should note that the ambient is also really different from whatever other VN/anime you may think of and, for this very reason, everything is already twisted. Considering that the girls are locked up inside a campus, already have internal struggles to deal with on their own (all of them. Really. I suppose it's never 100% even if you learn to put up with it quite good, especially for teenagers) and now they have a partner, yandere tendencies not being existent would actually be the cliché of an inadequate/unlikely stoicism.

As far as clichés go, they are at least remotely based, if not downright copied from real life patterns. People do go yandere and do have yandere feelings, it's just that they won't kill people up and down and all around for love. But there are possessive and overprotecting people around and they do stupid things.
While we are here discussing, Hanako is somewhere hopping from dark to darker tiles. Alone.

User avatar
Erybis
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:00 am

Re: which of the girls are yandere

Post by Erybis » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:51 am

Palas wrote:
Guest Poster wrote:
And Yet so far Lilly is nothing more nothing less than a Purity Sue.
Except for the times when she's not. Lilly is popular, but not universally liked. She's polite and well-behaved, but not unflappable. (instead of getting directly nasty like Shizune whenever she gets agitated, she gets passive-agressive instead) She's lady-like, but occasionally shows a more playful side in private. Lilly's at her most interesting during the occasional moments you get a peek behind her Purity Sue facade.

While I can see why people see Hanako as a possible yandere (she's the only one who seems too repressed to vent pent-up frustrations if too many of them accumulated in a short while), I'd personally find it a turn-off if she actually went yandere. What was refreshing about KS was the fact it managed to give a lot of typical VN/anime tropes a little twist. A confession in the snow that results in a heart attack, a bromantic foil who hates women, a meet cute that nearly kills you, a student council that has great responsibility, but no great power to accompany it. A straight yandere-scene would be too cliché to fit in well.
While that is true, we should note that the ambient is also really different from whatever other VN/anime you may think of and, for this very reason, everything is already twisted. Considering that the girls are locked up inside a campus, already have internal struggles to deal with on their own (all of them. Really. I suppose it's never 100% even if you learn to put up with it quite good, especially for teenagers) and now they have a partner, yandere tendencies not being existent would actually be the cliché of an inadequate/unlikely stoicism.

As far as clichés go, they are at least remotely based, if not downright copied from real life patterns. People do go yandere and do have yandere feelings, it's just that they won't kill people up and down and all around for love. But there are possessive and overprotecting people around and they do stupid things.
It's funny that you say this, as in this case, you are completely correct. I know, because I have gone through the exact thing myself. When I was eight years old, my newborn brother died in the crib in my room, right across from me, after he stopped breathing. I was the first one to find him there.

Due to this, I've had attachment issues ever since, resulting in my mother's abusive relationship. If I ever made friends at school, I would end up clingy and, as you put it, possesive. I was prone to get very "yandere", scaring the children around me with my obsessive need to have them at my side. It was only after five years of going to a psychologist, and living with my aunt, that I grew into the semi healthy 18 year old I am today. I still repeat some patterns, mind you, but they are uncommon occurrences now. I have grown into a misanthrope, though.

For these reasons, I find myself drawn to mother figures, like Lilly. It's what got me hooked to this game, the very accurate depictions of personality. Pathetic, I know, being attracted to 2-D girls, to make up for my own emotional defiencies.

Suffice to say, if the developers read this, thank you for making this game. It's given me a temporary shadow of something that I never really had.

User avatar
Palas
Posts: 223
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:25 am
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Re: which of the girls are yandere

Post by Palas » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:16 am

I hope it is particularly common among us to really be attracted with one of the girls as in emotionally attracted, because it has happened to me, too.

As for me, I... really don't know how I got into KS because one day it just was there in my PC and I was like "I want a new game and there is this one so yeah". I don't even know if I were the one to download it. Anyway, the whole atmosphere was so... warm. The writing got me wanting to change my life with Hisao's just to be at Yamaku. I did get attracted to Hanako at first because the library was the most heartwarming ambient there was and she was there, but Misha really knocked me off my feet. There is something about her subtle insanity and she is so lively, yet seems to live in a parallel universe inside herself. I feel that liking her is a symptom of a... Blood Knight Syndrome or something? I mean, I love the feeling of trying and dragging someone out of their world as if it were a battle of sanities. Plus, I've never met any girl like that and have always hoped to, so... yeah.

Now my girlfiend is awesome and all, but she's got no drill hair.

Thus I, for one, don't find growing feelings towards the girls silly at all.

EDIT: Why not Rin? First of all, Misha's mind seems to always work in a such rush that even she can't properly grab her thoughts. Rin's mind, on the other side, seems to be blank most of the time and then suddenly blankblankblankVUASHATRAINOFTHOUGHblankblankblank. Besides, I've had my fair share of interaction with Sociology graduates who, when they are not like Rin, pretend to be.
While we are here discussing, Hanako is somewhere hopping from dark to darker tiles. Alone.

User avatar
Erybis
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:00 am

Re: which of the girls are yandere

Post by Erybis » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:55 am

Palas wrote:I hope it is particularly common among us to really be attracted with one of the girls as in emotionally attracted, because it has happened to me, too.

As for me, I... really don't know how I got into KS because one day it just was there in my PC and I was like "I want a new game and there is this one so yeah". I don't even know if I were the one to download it. Anyway, the whole atmosphere was so... warm. The writing got me wanting to change my life with Hisao's just to be at Yamaku. I did get attracted to Hanako at first because the library was the most heartwarming ambient there was and she was there, but Misha really knocked me off my feet. There is something about her subtle insanity and she is so lively, yet seems to live in a parallel universe inside herself. I feel that liking her is a symptom of a... Blood Knight Syndrome or something? I mean, I love the feeling of trying and dragging someone out of their world as if it were a battle of sanities. Plus, I've never met any girl like that and have always hoped to, so... yeah.

Now my girlfiend is awesome and all, but she's got no drill hair.

Thus I, for one, don't find growing feelings towards the girls silly at all.

EDIT: Why not Rin? First of all, Misha's mind seems to always work in a such rush that even she can't properly grab her thoughts. Rin's mind, on the other side, seems to be blank most of the time and then suddenly blankblankblankVUASHATRAINOFTHOUGHblankblankblank. Besides, I've had my fair share of interaction with Sociology graduates who, when they are not like Rin, pretend to be.
As I usually am in a different place than most, I do find myself relating to Rin, due to that "Outsider's" perspective. I have to distance myself from others, due to my issues, so during those moments of solace, I find myself reflecting on humanity and it's flaws, and find myself hating it. Of course, the difference between most misanthropists, is that a lot of them just have a superiorty complex, while I count myself as part of humanity, and am self loathing for my flaws. I do not believe Rin is a misanthrope, but she is outside societal norms, and as such, probably prefers to be alone. It's the curse of the artist, to not be understood by the people around you.

User avatar
Palas
Posts: 223
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:25 am
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Re: which of the girls are yandere

Post by Palas » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:52 pm

Erybis wrote:As I usually am in a different place than most, I do find myself relating to Rin, due to that "Outsider's" perspective. I have to distance myself from others, due to my issues, so during those moments of solace, I find myself reflecting on humanity and it's flaws, and find myself hating it. Of course, the difference between most misanthropists, is that a lot of them just have a superiorty complex, while I count myself as part of humanity, and am self loathing for my flaws. I do not believe Rin is a misanthrope, but she is outside societal norms, and as such, probably prefers to be alone. It's the curse of the artist, to not be understood by the people around you.
It makes me wonder if the personalities were designed to attract as many different people as possible instead of making them with different personalities just for the sake of it. Not trying to label you or anything - it's just that they purposedly made Rin's outsider's perspective highly appealing to those with the same feelings due to her tranquil nature. It may or may not been have built only for charisma.

Also, I'd like to point out that, while some girls are more prone to go loca loca loca, these are not the only harmful behaviours they might show. Lilly, for example, is a perfect host for the Passive-Agressive demon and Rin, when starts growing feelings for Hisao, may also feel he should be able to comprehend her and get frustrated if he doesn't meet such expectation. She would then start treating Hisao like a puppy or a less intelligent person.
While we are here discussing, Hanako is somewhere hopping from dark to darker tiles. Alone.

User avatar
Erybis
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:00 am

Re: which of the girls are yandere

Post by Erybis » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:27 pm

Palas wrote: It makes me wonder if the personalities were designed to attract as many different people as possible instead of making them with different personalities just for the sake of it. Not trying to label you or anything - it's just that they purposedly made Rin's outsider's perspective highly appealing to those with the same feelings due to her tranquil nature. It may or may not been have built only for charisma.

Also, I'd like to point out that, while some girls are more prone to go loca loca loca, these are not the only harmful behaviours they might show. Lilly, for example, is a perfect host for the Passive-Agressive demon and Rin, when starts growing feelings for Hisao, may also feel he should be able to comprehend her and get frustrated if he doesn't meet such expectation. She would then start treating Hisao like a puppy or a less intelligent person.
I would love to see that happen. It's realistic, and it would add more depth to the relationship. As much as I'd I like to have that, however, I believe that the path writers will do great regardless. Seeing as this VN is actually better than most, even with Act I alone, I know that I will be satisfied with the game. Unless it's a gigantic troll, in which case the whole web site will implode with rage.

Priest
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:24 am
Location: Denmark Ftw!

Re: which of the girls are yandere

Post by Priest » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:42 pm

If you don't know that is, watch Kill Bill. I looooooove Kill Bill.
you my fair sir i like
In case of war hide in the trash can. it allways makes it unscratched somehow

User avatar
Erybis
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:00 am

Re: which of the girls are yandere

Post by Erybis » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:59 am

Priest wrote:
If you don't know that is, watch Kill Bill. I looooooove Kill Bill.
you my fair sir i like
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kRO-knCPl0

Just had a vision. Lilly, in Black Mamba outfit, tring to slash sword at armless Rin. Someone should Shimmie it.

pedrosorio
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 7:13 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: which of the girls are yandere

Post by pedrosorio » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:11 pm

Erybis wrote:
Palas wrote: It makes me wonder if the personalities were designed to attract as many different people as possible instead of making them with different personalities just for the sake of it. Not trying to label you or anything - it's just that they purposedly made Rin's outsider's perspective highly appealing to those with the same feelings due to her tranquil nature. It may or may not been have built only for charisma.

Also, I'd like to point out that, while some girls are more prone to go loca loca loca, these are not the only harmful behaviours they might show. Lilly, for example, is a perfect host for the Passive-Agressive demon and Rin, when starts growing feelings for Hisao, may also feel he should be able to comprehend her and get frustrated if he doesn't meet such expectation. She would then start treating Hisao like a puppy or a less intelligent person.
I would love to see that happen. It's realistic, and it would add more depth to the relationship. As much as I'd I like to have that, however, I believe that the path writers will do great regardless. Seeing as this VN is actually better than most, even with Act I alone, I know that I will be satisfied with the game. Unless it's a gigantic troll, in which case the whole web site will implode with rage.
I'd be a bit disappointed, but wouldn't it be awesome if the download link of the full game is actually a Rick roll? :lol:

Post Reply