businesses sponsoring Yanmaku

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Shades of Grey

Re: businesses sponsoring Yanmaku

Post by Shades of Grey »

Yamaku is sponsored by the military to test their bionic enhancements and augmentations. Later in the story Emi and Rin shall receive robotic super prosthetics, Shizune shall be outfitted with a sonar system, and Lilly will receive Laser eyes. This will all make sense somehow.
Light and Dark
Good and Evil
Right and Wrong
taken from afar they blend together
and the world appears
all in shades of grey
te-kun

Post by te-kun »

Shades of Grey wrote:Yamaku is sponsored by the military to test their bionic enhancements and augmentations. Later in the story Emi and Rin shall receive robotic super prosthetics, Shizune shall be outfitted with a sonar system, and Lilly will receive Laser eyes. This will all make sense somehow.
Hanako would receive a invisibility cloak and Misha ALREADY have rocket boobs http://www.gorzow.mm.pl/~sorrow/grafika ... ETC/56.gif http://www.randomhoohaas.flyingomelette ... co/027.gif (in response to Dr. Evil's fembots)
trickygv

Post by trickygv »

I've always been partial to the idea that Misha's parents are headmaster/superintendent, while she has no Yanmaku worthy disability, she intends to follow in her parent's footsteps and help those physically disabled, this also explains why she already knew sign when she met Shizune. As for funding they receive grants from medical companies, large private donations from former alumni, tuition from parents surplussed by scholarships from organizations.

It sounds like most alumni end up in the medial field to try and improve others like them, from a company standpoint that means Yanmaku is a great place for future employes, it only makes sense to give Yanmaku a decent volume of grant money.

im usually wrong i also want misha X kenji to be OTP, but at least its an interesting theory.
CindehQ

Post by CindehQ »

trickygv wrote:I've always been partial to the idea that Misha's parents are headmaster/superintendent, while she has no Yanmaku worthy disability, she intends to follow in her parent's footsteps and help those physically disabled, this also explains why she already knew sign when she met Shizune. As for funding they receive grants from medical companies, large private donations from former alumni, tuition from parents surplussed by scholarships from organizations.

It sounds like most alumni end up in the medial field to try and improve others like them, from a company standpoint that means Yanmaku is a great place for future employes, it only makes sense to give Yanmaku a decent volume of grant money.

im usually wrong i also want misha X kenji to be OTP, but at least its an interesting theory.
I like your Misha theory. It's always bothered me how the fandom takes every little quirk of Misha's as meaning "disability". She's a loud, ditzy girl and there's nothing strange about that.

On top of that, it explains Misha's princess curls and her overall design has always reminded me of a medieval queen, big and extravagant both in presence and design. Plus the only other "rich girl" in the game sticks boringly close to the archetype. Plus can't you imagine Misha bellowing out a nice hardy "OHOHOHOHO" with her hands on her hips.
I call my avatar Emiyagi.
Like Emi.
If Emi were cool.
Peorth
Zenryoku Zenkai!

Post by Peorth »

Yamaku is sponsored by the CIA.
Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stopped, the story will not end.

Whether it's a comedy or a tragedy, if there is cheering, the story will continue on.
Just like the many lives.
For the us who are still in it and still in the journey, send warm blessings.

---We will continue to walk down this path until eternity.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Once again, RL and 4LS intersect for me again...

Fundrasing is huge business. You'll find that the philanthropy managers at sporting and arts institutions are some of the higest paid members of the staff.

Not all "sponsorship" has to be what you mentioned in the OP; having a drink machine in the library (in fact, that's more along the lines of Branding or Site Activation, rather than sponsorship).

I see a number of major income streams for Yamaku:
  • Grants. I am sure that there would be some government grants that Yamaku would be receiving. Governments like the arts, sports and helping the inrim, but they don't like doing it. So they give away truckloads of money to eligible companies in order to get the best bang-for-buck.
  • Private Donors. This would be split into two groups; alumni and interested parties. Alumni, obviously, would feel compelled to keep something like Yamaku going. Occasionally they hit the jackpot (Lilly) and they would become a Patron of the school. This would also lead to other interested private parties (e.g. rich dudes) to give thier money. Statistically, rich people actually do give quite a bit of money away. Go to any theatre, art gallery, museum or sporting comlpex and you'll find a list of private donors somewhere.
  • Corporations. I think you'll find that this might be the smallest group of donors. In the past corporate giving was usually governed by the CEO's wife; if she was interested in a cause then the comapny would donate money. However the modern (smart) compnay is more focussed on partnerships. Is there something that they can share in order to strengthen both parties? There are a number of good examples of this; one that comes to mind is the Bank of America and an art gallery (I think it was Boston) and UBS and their sailing team. In other words, if a corporation could find some kind of mutual benefit, then then would most likely start a partnership.
I would say that there would be a full-time philanthropy manager at Yamaku. However, as they have very little to do with Hisao's life, I doubt they will appear in the story. In the interest of completion, I guess we could call her Youko.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money