how will you guys pass the time

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Khantalas

Re: how will you guys pass the time

Post by Khantalas »

Worthington wrote:Read the wikipedia page; you're not missing out on much since Final Fantasy plots have always been garbage, and were about characters, and FFXIII's characters were shite.
Might be a case of "your mileage might vary", or a case of me not having finished the game yet, but I'm inclined to disagree.
地獄から冬の気持ちや我のまで。
Hurf

Post by Hurf »

Going to try and finish up my backlog of games so my attention is undivided. Hmm, FFXIII, Uncharted, Skyrim (that one won't be done on time)--notably.
Same for me. But on my list are: Grandia, Grandia 2 (maybe Grandia 3 , though I only recently found out that there is a Grandia 3 so it makes me cautious), Persona 3, Breath of Fire 3 + 4 and then I'll see. I somehow have this huge Nostalgia-RPG-Rush going on at the moment.
Might be a case of "your mileage might vary", or a case of me not having finished the game yet, but I'm inclined to disagree.
I'll just be as diplomatic as I can and tell you, that your taste is shit. Final Fantasy ended with VI but was officially confirmed dead with IX. Everything after that is just beating a dead horse with a stick.
scott1and

Post by scott1and »

Hurf wrote: I'll just be as diplomatic as I can and tell you, that your taste is shit. Final Fantasy ended with VI but was officially confirmed dead with IX. Everything after that is just beating a dead horse with a stick.
Whoa, whoa there. I don't play much Final fantasy, but what are you to call his taste shit. For one I highly doubt it was "officially" confirmed dead with IX as people obviously play the games. Two, I think we should refrain from commenting on others taste, as everyone's is different, and I assure you there are things you play or do that others may consider "shit".

So lets move on and refrain from being dicks before someone closes a thread which hasn't got much to do with KS to start with.
blahtoolazytologin

Post by blahtoolazytologin »

Hurf wrote:your taste is shit.
This discussion from the community that brought us "Give me the chocolate, Hisao!"

In all seriousness, the plot of FFXIII is not the best--if I want a good story in my rpgs, I generally go to bioware these days, if I want a character-driven jrpg I'll play Tales. But while it might not be shining example of good narrative in a videogame, FFXIII is still a really fun game, in my opinion. The gameplay very nearly stands on its own, which is impressive for an rpg, and when it gets boring, there's usually a flashy cutscene to break up the monotony. I do think Sqeenix needs to get its act together on story, but this game wasn't nearly as much of a failure for me as it was for other people.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

My main gripes with XIII were that half of the storypart of the game was an extended tutorial and that the endgame wasn't accessible until after the final boss was down.
From what I saw, Square has fixed both issues and has introduced some new stuff that I found pretty fun. I also like both main characters as well as the NPCs I've encountered so far.
I'm looking forward to it, but if you don't please don't spoil others' fun.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Drkstrm

Post by Drkstrm »

Well, I'll be watching House... Oh, wait...
Well, at least I have Criminal Minds... Oh, wait...
At the very least, still have Bones... Oh, wait...

Fuck you, television.
blackrising

Post by blackrising »

Frankly, XIII is the worst of the series. Maybe not bad on it's own, but in comparison to, say, X, a total let-down. Granted, I can't judge the story too much, because I never managed to finish it. The gameplay was just so...boring. The world didn't suck me in and most of the characters were annoying.
However, I admit that the graphics still make me go "Whoa". My first hour of gameplay was solely spent on trying to find the perfect camera angle for looking at Lightning's face. Really, I'm kind a sad that I just can't finish it, cause the cutscenes are awesome.
Misha worshipper to the core. WAHAHAHA~

Misha>Rin=Hanako=Lilly>>Shizune>Emi

Since I was no bigger than a weavil they've been saying I was evil
That if "bad" was a boot that I'd fit it
That I'm a wicked young lady, but I've been trying hard lately
O fuck it! I'm a monster! I admit it!
Roy-Kr

Post by Roy-Kr »

First of all, Movies are not games. FFXIII barely qualifies as a game, and the few hours you actually spend doing gameplay are really shallow.
FFIX was the last really good game in the series, and FFX was the last one where they seemed to try. Actually, i wouldn't be hating on FFX if they hadn't been stupid enough to make the cutscenes unskippable, making replays really tedious.

The only good RPG i can think of that was made in recent time would be Embric of Wulfhammer's Castle.
Some would of course say Skyrim is a good RPG, and i wouldn't disagree, but Skyrim is good simply because it lets you do whatever you want in a world where there are many possibilities, rather than because of its story and characters.
Mirage_GSM wrote: XIII-2 <> rock!
Highly unlikely. They're only living off their past glories and I'm not gonna fool myself into believing they'll pull themselves together and manage something good this time around.
A sequel to shit can only be shit, even if it is some alternate universe sequel or whatever.
Hamachi ID: Melty Blood EU
Password: sugoisugoi
Watermelons

Post by Watermelons »

Fap, work, wait for secret s/a/nta, fap, go shooting, fap, fap.
Rin > Lily > Shizune = Emi > Hanako

MERRY CHRISTMAS FAGS
Palas

Post by Palas »

Monster Hunter Tri and that's pretty much it.
While we are here discussing, Hanako is somewhere hopping from dark to darker tiles. Alone.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Roy-Kr wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote: XIII-2 <> rock!
Highly unlikely. They're only living off their past glories and I'm not gonna fool myself into believing they'll pull themselves together and manage something good this time around.
A sequel to shit can only be shit, even if it is some alternate universe sequel or whatever.
Well, I played it, and I liked it. I cannot guarantee you will, though.
I'd really love to discuss the pros and cons of FF XIII and what XIII-2 does better, but this is getting a bit OT, so if you are interested, you should drop me a PM, before SC arrived with the key to lock this thread...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.