All ages version?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Re: All ages version?

Post by cpl_crud »

TheHivemind wrote:
I'm shocked! You all think I'm going to play up some sort of horrible incestuous angle, don't you?

Ye gods, you're going to be disappointed. So very, very disappointed.

Well, no, I mean, there's something touching about girls with troubled pasts and the like, and the scene that I was referencing (Deep into act 2, so you publicans will be waiting some time I'm afraid) does make you just wanna hold you some Emi, but still...

There's something about being on the internet that fries your mind in this way...
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

cpl_crud wrote:Well, no, I mean, there's something touching about girls with troubled pasts and the like, and the scene that I was referencing (Deep into act 2, so you publicans will be waiting some time I'm afraid) does make you just wanna hold you some Emi, but still...

There's something about being on the internet that fries your mind in this way...
True, true.

As for the scene in question (which I will relentlessly refer to for the sole purpose of fucking with the publicans now), well at least I got the right effect out of it.

The internet's a menace, dude. All those tubes.
Kagami
Editor

Post by Kagami »

cpl_crud wrote:Anyway, we can just skip out on the H, unless Emi cries out "Daddy" during intercourse.
Just... wow.
Blackheart

Post by Blackheart »

No H, no game...
Make an all-ages after you do this with H.
kensain

Post by kensain »

No!~ Do the all ages first, or at least the same time!
And suddenly Emi has become turned from Chiyo into Kohaku !?! =P

The world is a scary place.
Catastrophe!
Jharkendar

Post by Jharkendar »

I would definitely go for an all ages version, so if you can do it, please do. If the story is good, more romantically inclined people will like it better, if you know what I mean.
DarkXshiki

Post by DarkXshiki »

im all for either the H or a all age version since i think this is an interesting concept for a VN
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

Maybe it's just me, but so far KS feels too innocent, too saccharine-sweet to incorporate sex scenes without feeling out of place. Perhaps later acts will ramp up the tension/drama/romance so that sex is a natural extension of character development, but so far things feel... calm, like Natsume Yuujinchou or Ristorante Paradiso.
静音是买外夫
Ultamentdark

Post by Ultamentdark »

Warwick wrote:Maybe it's just me, but so far KS feels too innocent, too saccharine-sweet to incorporate sex scenes without feeling out of place. Perhaps later acts will ramp up the tension/drama/romance so that sex is a natural extension of character development, but so far things feel... calm, like Natsume Yuujinchou or Ristorante Paradiso.
i totaly aggre, i dont rilly think sex scenes would rilly fit in and personaly i would rather not have them
Quixoticism

Post by Quixoticism »

I support the all ages version. I would rather not have sex scenes in a game like this.

I agree with what Warwick said too.

Have you considered making a poll out of this?
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

Don't misunderstand, I know that this was intended to be an h-game from the start, and I don't mind that there are sex scenes in there. I'm just saying I'm worried that there might be some Mood Whiplash if it isn't handled correctly. Though considering after Act 1 there haven't been any confessions of love, yet (unless you count Shizune's "Maybe I'm in love with her" ending), there's still plenty of time for it to develop.

H-games tend to use high drama such as death or the threat of it as a catalyst for sex. Since there's none of that AFAIK in KS, it's not immediately apparent how it'll come about. However, looking at how deftly the writers have handled the characters so far, I'm not overly concerned.
静音是买外夫
Larc9783

Post by Larc9783 »

Personally, I find the story and style of this game infintly more interesting than any potential H scenes. I honestly think H related scenes will de-value this work on a horrible level, turn it from almost a form of art into a cheap thrill. Having played from start to finish and being totally ingrossed from the minute Hisao had his first heart episode (and 2 subsequent heart problems. Never shoulda raced Emi) to the end, I never really considered that at the end of the game I would "bed" one of the girls, the personalities and antics of the girls themselves and Hisao's condition were the only selling point for me (Besides Kenji who is freakin' awesome).

I know i'm probably no one, but I very strongly suggest that this game be made free of hentai, it's way too good to debase like that : \
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

Just curious, but how hard would it be to implement a switch in the options to automatically skip the ero scenes? I'm thinking back to what Mirror Moon did for Tsukihime. If you installed the "Non-Ero" version of the translation, during the sex scenes, it would just show a black screen and a few lines of text to summarize any important plot points, if any (only Akiha's seemed to contain anything of substance, if I remember correctly). So could KS have a similar option?

I'd imagine all you need is a certain flag in the engine before said scenes. When they come up, if you have the "Non-Ero" option on, it would pop up an intervening screen saying, "The following is a graphic scene intended for mature audiences. Would you like to skip?" Choosing yes will jump you to straight to the pillow talk.
静音是买外夫
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

There is a "disable erotic content" option in the full version. It blanks the screen, hiding H images.

This was disabled in the demo for obvious reasons.
Nosson

Post by Nosson »

I will be downloading the H version, I don't really care whether or not a non-H will be made, as long as they contain the same content, and that nothing is bumbed out (well, you get what I mean)
What I really want to address is some concerns I found on this thread.

'That the H scenes will feel tacked on and poorly written'
Though I have only know of Katawa Shoujo since yesterday, from what I have played of the demo, and read on the website, I have confidence in the writers, and I am sure it will turn out just as beautiful as the rest of the game.

'That the H scenes will feel unnatural with the characters'
Sex is a part of life. Not to sound mean but people should get over it and accept their sexuality. When I think about my parents having sex, it doesn’t seem ‘in character for them’ but they did, that’s why I am here right now. Same goes for all of you.

As before I have complete confidence in the writers and that it will not be just some tacked on element, but it will feel very real. Because sex as I see it, is one of the most powerful displays of affection. I also find it important that these characters are fully fleshed out (I think I just made a pun) because sexuality is apart of all people, yes even those with disabilities.

Finally just because a non-H version is made, that does not mean the H will be scrapped and forgotten.

I hope I was helpful in my first post ever. :D