All ages version?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

vermithrx

Re: All ages version?

Post by vermithrx »

Kouhei, you're missing my point. 'Separate' is a null concept in this discussion because KS is appropriate for all ages to begin with. If you look a little earlier on page ten you'll see where I explain why that is, but I'll expand on part of it here for you.

Barring extreme circumstances, no "innocent, underaged b&'s out there" will have the skills necessary to happen across KS, let alone read or understand the H to begin with. They would need someone to influence them in that direction and that is in the province of (im)proper parenting.
A Simple Fox

Post by A Simple Fox »

vermithrx wrote:Barring extreme circumstances, no "innocent, underaged b&'s out there" will have the skills necessary to happen across KS, let alone read or understand the H to begin with. They would need someone to influence them in that direction and that is in the province of (im)proper parenting.
Amen, when will people realize it's the parents responsibility and not the developers on what their child is exposed to. Maybe if you kept a better eye on them they wouldn't find these so called "inappropriate" games/movies/books. That's just my opinion. :wink:
"A person who knows but a little will put on an air of knowledge. This is a matter of inexperience. When someone knows something well, it will not be seen in his manner. This person is genteel." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Bara

Post by Bara »

A Simple Fox wrote:
Bara wrote:
erisi236 wrote:This thread just reminds me of another reason I'm glad I don't live in the UK. :lol:

More on topic, I'm also glad there will be H scenes in this game, probably just because I myself am as disabled as Emi or Rin. We need love too, it's not that disturbing or weird is it? :)
To some of the fringe elements driving legislation; yes, the fact that anyone disabled or able has desires for love; be it emotional, physical or virtual, drives them bat-shit crazy.
heh heh, but try telling them that and you will see them go really bat shit.
As long as they would do something interesting/amusing while they are going bat-shit I say let them. I'm more than willing to let folks on the fringe express their opinions. My objections come about when they try to force legislation onto me and limit my freedom to choose.

The whole concept of KS pleases me. The creators have come together to create this VN for no monetary considerations and let folks see their work. I'm perfectly free to see the "H" or the "Non H" as I please. No threats or coercion applied by anyone. I can't remember whom to attribue the quote I'm about to mangle but it goes something like this; "An insult is like poison; it can do you no harm unless you swallow it.". :twisted:

So to get back on topic; KS will have a "Non H" version and everyone will have absolute controll in their hands. Toggle the option if you please folks and leave the creators to their work. :mrgreen:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Metal Tiger

Post by Metal Tiger »

If there was a all ages version of KS I would show to all my siblings and future kids and it may teach them about other people and other disabilities. I remember when I met the first person without limbs, I was scared and didn't know how to interact with her which just made me look like a bad person all together. But now I'm 18 and when I see a person with a disability I would treat her as any other human, in face if there was a physically disabled girl who had the right personality and the looks I would date her without a question, deaf, blind, amputated limbs, scars, I don't care. But I want kids to know that it is alright to treat other kids with disabilities as much as any other person so maybe one day they will be better people that will lead out society to a brighter and better future (alright that just sounded over dramatic and corny but you get what I mean). It's alright if you don't make a clean version but I would be happy if you did.
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

See as some people *cough*Latty*cough* are pretty proficient at hacking the game, it shouldn't be too trivial to disable the H/non-H switch, would it? It's just for the really paranoid people. Seriously, the game's going to be released in one version with the option to toggle the sex scenes *ahem* LOVE scenes off. The devs don't feel like doing it any other way, end of story unless they change their mind.
静音是买外夫
Metal Tiger

Post by Metal Tiger »

Warwick wrote:See as some people *cough*Latty*cough* are pretty proficient at hacking the game, it shouldn't be too trivial to disable the H/non-H switch, would it? It's just for the really paranoid people. Seriously, the game's going to be released in one version with the option to toggle the sex scenes *ahem* LOVE scenes off. The devs don't feel like doing it any other way, end of story unless they change their mind.
Well I already knew about the H scene toggle a long time ago I was just saying that the cussing, alcohol, adult jokes wouldn't be best for kids. Maybe it would be appropriate for High Schoolers but we are talking about "all age".
SABAN

Post by SABAN »

Metal Tiger wrote:
Warwick wrote:See as some people *cough*Latty*cough* are pretty proficient at hacking the game, it shouldn't be too trivial to disable the H/non-H switch, would it? It's just for the really paranoid people. Seriously, the game's going to be released in one version with the option to toggle the sex scenes *ahem* LOVE scenes off. The devs don't feel like doing it any other way, end of story unless they change their mind.
Well I already knew about the H scene toggle a long time ago I was just saying that the cussing, alcohol, adult jokes wouldn't be best for kids. Maybe it would be appropriate for High Schoolers but we are talking about "all age".
Would kissing be okay for "all ages"?
Would dating?
Metal Tiger

Post by Metal Tiger »

SABAN wrote:
Metal Tiger wrote:
Would kissing be okay for "all ages"?
Would dating?
I have seen it in other kids shows/movies, so I don't think it's a huge issue.
Rozen

Post by Rozen »

vermithrx wrote:Kouhei, you're missing my point. 'Separate' is a null concept in this discussion because KS is appropriate for all ages to begin with. If you look a little earlier on page ten you'll see where I explain why that is, but I'll expand on part of it here for you.

Barring extreme circumstances, no "innocent, underaged b&'s out there" will have the skills necessary to happen across KS, let alone read or understand the H to begin with. They would need someone to influence them in that direction and that is in the province of (im)proper parenting.
Here's a link to the "How did you get here?" thread. Gives a good example of the general age group that is interested in this game. I don't see many "innocent, underaged b&'s" just a lot of 4chans. :P

http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=322
SnigendePind

Post by SnigendePind »

I have actually given this topic a thought... Reading/playing the demo made me think that putting H into this game might ruin the story. It's a really sweet story that could do even without H, so I think that one without H for people like me who thinks that way, would be a great idea! I would read/play it... =3
Some people don't have arms. So what? Some people don't see colors, either.
- WetCrate

<@Raide> why does it sad to be touched? shouldn't you get a boner?

90% of the students were actually sent to Yamaku for being too lesbian. All those disabilities going around are just curious coincidence.
- Minister of Gloom

Made you look.
IndyElsdragon

Post by IndyElsdragon »

SnigendePind wrote:I have actually given this topic a thought... Reading/playing the demo made me think that putting H into this game might ruin the story. It's a really sweet story that could do even without H, so I think that one without H for people like me who thinks that way, would be a great idea! I would read/play it... =3
I know i'm just suposed to be lurking but I second this with all my heart and soul.
vermithrx

Post by vermithrx »

IndyElsdragon wrote:
SnigendePind wrote:I have actually given this topic a thought... Reading/playing the demo made me think that putting H into this game might ruin the story. It's a really sweet story that could do even without H, so I think that one without H for people like me who thinks that way, would be a great idea! I would read/play it... =3
I know i'm just suposed to be lurking but I second this with all my heart and soul.
Have you no hope that the writers will portray sex in a tasteful manner such that it becomes an important and enriching part of the story, just as it can be in our own lives?
kobe

Post by kobe »

I fully trust that the writers will put 'love scenes' in the game/novel instead of 'omg lol cripple sex' scenes, they did a very good job at making act 1, and i'm sure they'll do the same for the rest of the game.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Metal Tiger wrote:
All age? Sorry no such thing. You realize that there are people who object to Sesame Street and Dora the Explorer because they feel they are not appropriate for kids for whatever reason? After viewing Act 1 I get the impression that the audience the team creating KS is aiming for is a bit older and more mature... (strike the more mature part. I just rememberd some of the posts I've read here in various threads. :D )

If you happen to be someone who likes KS and is comfortable with the stated direction the creators are intending it to go in, thats great; if you have reservations about it for whatever reason thats fine too. No creative work in any medium has pleased everyone; never in the history of mankind. As a race we are a cussed lot of ingrates when it comes to appreciating creativity. :mrgreen:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
vermithrx

Post by vermithrx »

Bara wrote:
Metal Tiger wrote:
All age? Sorry no such thing. You realize that there are people who object to Sesame Street and Dora the Explorer because they feel they are not appropriate for kids for whatever reason? After viewing Act 1 I get the impression that the audience the team creating KS is aiming for is a bit older and more mature... (strike the more mature part. I just rememberd some of the posts I've read here in various threads. :D )

If you happen to be someone who likes KS and is comfortable with the stated direction the creators are intending it to go in, thats great; if you have reservations about it for whatever reason thats fine too. No creative work in any medium has pleased everyone; never in the history of mankind. As a race we are a cussed lot of ingrates when it comes to appreciating creativity. :mrgreen:
We seem to have differing definitions in what we mean by "appropriate for all ages." Yours appears to be, "incapable of generating complaints from lazy and/or misinformed parents." according to which you would be correct, and KS is doomed to be inappropriate to someone no matter what the devs do. However, mine happens to be, "incapable of hindering the healthy development of prepubescent youth, barring the intervention of outside influences." by which KS may be considered appropriate regardless.

I prefer my definition because it allows me to ignore all the prudes and bigots, thus saving me a lot of headache. :) Your final observation is very astute though, we certainly are a cussed lot of ingrates.