All ages version?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
Locked
User avatar
SABAN
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 10:22 am

Re: All ages version?

Post by SABAN » Tue May 12, 2009 3:12 pm

The annoying guest whom doth bring the ill news wrote:Sigh

Sometimes I ask, what happened to freedom? Who gets harmed from 'cartoon pornography'?

When you actually think of the pros and cons of it, there aren't that many cons.

Those non-government groups were trying to get Japan on board with the banning of underage hentai. Japan just laughed at them. Makes sense, seeing a large portion of their economy relies upon it, and most of their citizens would be in jail otherwise.
People with high "morals" happened.

link related http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/05/1 ... countries/
inb4 >Sankakucomplex

It's things like this that reminds me how Natural Selection failed, as in, the weak and defective humans are alive and they're infecting the population.

User avatar
erisi236
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 4:59 pm

Re: All ages version?

Post by erisi236 » Tue May 12, 2009 3:24 pm

This thread just reminds me of another reason I'm glad I don't live in the UK. :lol:

More on topic, I'm also glad there will be H scenes in this game, probably just because I myself am as disabled as Emi or Rin. We need love too, it's not that disturbing or weird is it? :)
"Iluvevery, single… one of ye… not you." - Lilly during another one of her drunken rampages.

User avatar
SatansBestBuddy
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: All ages version?

Post by SatansBestBuddy » Tue May 12, 2009 6:56 pm

What would happen if some body found the All Ages Version, played it, liked it, and then found the H Version and thought that somebody hacked the game and put in nasty stuff to currupt children?

(I have no idea how these people think...)

My point is, one version means there's no confusion as to which is the "proper" version, and nobody is demonized for trying to sleep with disabled lolis...

Uh, I mean, nobody thinks that it wasn't already in the game to begin with...
Rule #1 of the Internet: It does not matter what you like, your reasons for liking it, and how much you like it, somebody out there hates you for liking it.

User avatar
Bara
Posts: 1339
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: All ages version?

Post by Bara » Tue May 12, 2009 7:02 pm

erisi236 wrote:This thread just reminds me of another reason I'm glad I don't live in the UK. :lol:

More on topic, I'm also glad there will be H scenes in this game, probably just because I myself am as disabled as Emi or Rin. We need love too, it's not that disturbing or weird is it? :)
To some of the fringe elements driving legislation; yes, the fact that anyone disabled or able has desires for love; be it emotional, physical or virtual, drives them bat-shit crazy.

Of course, for them bat-shit crazy is just a short stroll next door. It is not like they have to buy a train ticket to reach that destination. :twisted:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?

User avatar
Kouhei
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: All ages version?

Post by Kouhei » Tue May 12, 2009 8:55 pm

All ages version sounds like a grand idea. It'd be even better if a new character was introduced and some of the music tracks remixed or replaced in such a version, but I know it'd be a lot of work for the developers so anything of a non-H version of the game is cool.

User avatar
Nosson
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:14 am

Re: All ages version?

Post by Nosson » Tue May 12, 2009 9:07 pm

Kouhei wrote:All ages version sounds like a grand idea. It'd be even better if a new character was introduced and some of the music tracks remixed or replaced in such a version, but I know it'd be a lot of work for the developers so anything of a non-H version of the game is cool.
And along with changing those things, it could have a new plot, new setting, and just get rid of everything that was in the old KS.
It would be like a whole new game!

User avatar
Kouhei
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: All ages version?

Post by Kouhei » Tue May 12, 2009 9:23 pm

Nosson wrote:
Kouhei wrote:All ages version sounds like a grand idea. It'd be even better if a new character was introduced and some of the music tracks remixed or replaced in such a version, but I know it'd be a lot of work for the developers so anything of a non-H version of the game is cool.
And along with changing those things, it could have a new plot, new setting, and just get rid of everything that was in the old KS.
It would be like a whole new game!
Dude... Not called for. I was just suggesting what I've seen each time a company releases another version of an older release. There's always a secret character added on and maybe one or two other things done to it...

User avatar
Nosson
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:14 am

Re: All ages version?

Post by Nosson » Tue May 12, 2009 9:34 pm

Kouhei wrote:
Nosson wrote:
Kouhei wrote:All ages version sounds like a grand idea. It'd be even better if a new character was introduced and some of the music tracks remixed or replaced in such a version, but I know it'd be a lot of work for the developers so anything of a non-H version of the game is cool.
And along with changing those things, it could have a new plot, new setting, and just get rid of everything that was in the old KS.
It would be like a whole new game!
Dude... Not called for. I was just suggesting what I've seen each time a company releases another version of an older release. There's always a secret character added on and maybe one or two other things done to it...
Yes, but those are usually games that cost money to play. Companies slap a big "New" on a product they have already sold before, so fans will buy that version as well. The secrect characters and all that are only a ploy to make more money. As Katawa Shoujo is free, there is no reason to do that, it would only result in more work.

vermithrx
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 9:45 pm
Location: Ohio, U.S.A.

Re: All ages version?

Post by vermithrx » Tue May 12, 2009 9:38 pm

As far as I'm concerned what the devs have planned is an all ages version. No one prepubescent (barring victims of abuse) would understand enough about sex to care and anyone postpubescent will discover it for themselves soon enough if they haven't already.

I see no reason to deprive our children of information they will find useful at some point in their lives. Better that they be prepared for it.

User avatar
A Simple Fox
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 12:58 am
Location: NJ, USA
Contact:

Re: All ages version?

Post by A Simple Fox » Tue May 12, 2009 9:40 pm

Bara wrote:
erisi236 wrote:This thread just reminds me of another reason I'm glad I don't live in the UK. :lol:

More on topic, I'm also glad there will be H scenes in this game, probably just because I myself am as disabled as Emi or Rin. We need love too, it's not that disturbing or weird is it? :)
To some of the fringe elements driving legislation; yes, the fact that anyone disabled or able has desires for love; be it emotional, physical or virtual, drives them bat-shit crazy.
heh heh, but try telling them that and you will see them go really bat shit.
"A person who knows but a little will put on an air of knowledge. This is a matter of inexperience. When someone knows something well, it will not be seen in his manner. This person is genteel." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo

User avatar
Kouhei
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: All ages version?

Post by Kouhei » Tue May 12, 2009 9:56 pm

Nosson wrote: Yes, but those are usually games that cost money to play. Companies slap a big "New" on a product they have already sold before, so fans will buy that version as well. The secrect characters and all that are only a ploy to make more money. As Katawa Shoujo is free, there is no reason to do that, it would only result in more work.
And your point is what then? In that case why not just not make the all ages version and add a toggle button for H/non-H? They can just go up to the part where the sex is about to start and go, "Hey what just happened?"

vermithrx
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 9:45 pm
Location: Ohio, U.S.A.

Re: All ages version?

Post by vermithrx » Tue May 12, 2009 10:01 pm

That's what they plan to do except that between H and non-H the default setting will be H.

User avatar
Kouhei
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: All ages version?

Post by Kouhei » Tue May 12, 2009 10:06 pm

vermithrx wrote:That's what they plan to do except that between H and non-H the default setting will be H.
Which is different from an entirely separate all ages version... I only read the opening post so a separate version was all I was talking about.

vermithrx
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 9:45 pm
Location: Ohio, U.S.A.

Re: All ages version?

Post by vermithrx » Tue May 12, 2009 10:12 pm

...but wouldn't an entirely seperate version where the default setting is non-H be awfully redundant?

User avatar
Kouhei
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: All ages version?

Post by Kouhei » Tue May 12, 2009 10:26 pm

vermithrx wrote:...but wouldn't an entirely seperate version where the default setting is non-H be awfully redundant?
That's why when most companies sell their all ages version they twist it up a bit with a new character, remixed tracks, or different scenarios replacing some of the original ones. It spices things up, but for a project like this one takes quite a bit of work.

*Edit - Also, a separate all ages version would be better for any innocent underaged b&'s out there. Because knowing what it means to toggle H/non-H means knowing what H is, and you don't know what H is until you've seen it. Not that we should be expecting little kids to play this stuff anyways... but...

Locked