Character D&D Stats

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

toast

Re: Character D&D Stats

Post by toast »

Hell, if we are making up DnD stats, then i am so doing that WH 40k crossover fic
<!Aura-> I did a line of powdered fig dust mixed with high grade blow from the ass of a supermodel wearing a Misha kigurumi at the party yesterday

<buckingham> it is not my fault you all have awful fucking taste

[17:42:51] <!Delta_Kurshiva> no fun allowed
Spoon

Post by Spoon »

cpl_crud wrote:Yeah I'm kinda inclined to agree there; Emi and Hanko should have their calsses swapped.

Emi is the type of person to sneak you into a gym shed to give you a blow job, Hanako just kills you.

Nuff said.
Remind me to investigate this further, later.
"Sometimes I sit for hours weighing the fine distinctions between spunk, pluck, balls, nerve, chutzpah, gall, and moxie."
2-D

Post by 2-D »

What the hell is D&D?
abscess

Post by abscess »

2-D wrote:What the hell is D&D?
Dungeons and Dragons... I think. More than that, I don't know. I'm not a D&D guy.
Siiiiigh....
vermithrx

Post by vermithrx »

2-D wrote:What the hell is D&D?
A tabletop, group-storytelling adventure game you play with dice, paper, imagination and some books with rules to keep the players from going:

"I chop the evil sorcerer's head off with my GIANT SWORD YEAHHH!"
"No you don't! I burn him to a crisp with my fireball spell."
"Yeah I do, I said it first."
"Nu-uhh!"
"Yeah-huh!"
"Nu-uhh!"
FALCON PUNCH!

...with limited success. At least, limited in my experience. Pick the people you play it with carefully as your experience will vary widely based on that.
Rednal

Post by Rednal »

It is also highly dependent on which of these you have as DM.
unkind

Post by unkind »

lol, wow... :roll:
Darisc

Post by Darisc »

Don't ask me WHY I went deep into thinking about this, maybe I just like to use the D&D alignment system to help categorize people a bit more easily.

Hisao
Str: 10 - He's not a weakling, poor heart sure, but he's not scrawny... maybe a bit weakened from Hospital inactivity, but give it time and the score may raise a few points.
Dex: 11 - Meh, rather middle of the road here.
Con: 7 - With heart problems, this is no surprise.
Int: 14 - He reads a bit, and he says some big words here and there.
Wis: 16 - He's highly perceptive to the world around him, and has some interesting insights you'd not expect a highschooler to make.
Cha: 19 - He's a friggin' Video Game Protagonist, people are just DRAWN to him. The only way he can get them to leave is for him to just be an absolute ass to them outright.

Alignment: Varies between TN, NG, and LG - He's a somewhat blank slate protagonist but generally good natured and not chaotic.

Lilly
Str: 13 - Perhaps she may seem weak, but there's a saying that says something about if you get gripped by a blind man (or woman) they're not easily letting go.
Dex: 15 - Ear based dexterity noticing sounds and detecting movements.
Con: 9 - Delicate flower.
Int: 16 - Enjoys Braille reading, what blind gal wouldn't?
Wis: 8 - She never will see how fast my face hit my palm.
Cha: 15 - Something about her makes you notice her, but not outright follow her or heed much concern.
Alignment: Lawful Good - Very orderly and proper and a generally good hearted person.

Kenji
Str: 13 - While not super strong, even if seen super naked, he eats pretzels and drinks whiskey without napkins! REAL MEN
Dex: 9 - He’s near-sighted, and not very perceptive of the world especially if he’s afraid of bad aimed women knives (he must have bad AC)
Con: 11 - He’s flimsy and scrawny, he even got tired out because a woman ‘drained his energy!’ the wuss!
Int: 14 - His math is not too bad.
Wis: 8 or 17 - Mostly perspective, either he has 9 points of useless or useful wisdom in all of his theories which may or may not be of any use.
Cha: 6 - He's practically invisible!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral - Just is, no other character is as Chaotic Neutral to the point I’d struggle to call anyone else CN. If his theories are true, then he’s a CG rebel against a LE or NE empire of women (I’d welcome these sexy overlords)

Rin
Str: 12 - For a girl with no arms, she gets around.
Dex: 19 - Exceptional Dex, she could probably tie her legs in pretzels (food of real men) behind her back, especially without arms in the way.
Con: 14 - Difficult to place, since she tends to sleep a lot but can work like crazy, I’d say she’s middle of the road.
Int: 12 - She’s probably middle of the road.
Wis: 15 - Wisdom is witt, and this girl has plenty.
Cha: 12 - Considering her environment, Rin just doesn’t stand out much.
Alignment: True Neutral - Rin may be aloof and free spirited, but she’s not unpredictable or wild, in fact she pretty much follows her own rules and certainly tends to eat little. Mainly she just can’t be CN with Kenji monopolizing its definition! On one hand, loitering rules tend to escape her, but if given a painting mission, she WILL get it done with LN determination, making her mostly neutral. Otherwise she might as well ask you to help her in the bathroom like a certain rumor…

Misha
Str: 11 - Pretty much average, though perhaps her somewhat husky frame… who knows!
Dex: 14 - Sign language really gets your hands working.
Con: 16 - Hyper the way only a Japanese Anime schoolgirl could be!
Int: 8 - Struggle with magnanimous a bit harder, the mindflayers will at least not bother you much.
Wis: 13 - Sometimes a bit too clever.
Cha: 15 - High charisma isn’t ALWAYS good, that voice won’t NOT let you know she’s there.
Alignment: CE with CN tendencies. The lackey, mischievous, but who knows, the pink hair and drills hide some dark something or other and she’s by default whacky.

Nurse
Str: 16 - You need to be strong in a school like this with people who can lose movement like that!
Dex: 17 - High dexterity is HIGHLY important to medical work, with such precision needed.
Con: 15 - The guy definitely makes health a big issue, he gets extra HP on his level ups.
Int: 16 - Definitely earned a PHD, you have to have some serious college or university work to do medical work.
Wis: 11 - Unfortunately he forgot what TACT was. Not a main healer in any Katawa adventuring party.
Cha: 7 - He’s just too generic, we say so in game!
Alignment: Chaotic Good - Good natured with a bit of sanity issues, but has some oddly unusual LN characteristics.

Muto
Str: 18/34 - Something about that stubble face and stance makes him scream power, he looks like he could snap your neck if he wasn’t so down to earth.
Dex: 12 - Nobody said teaching had to be a nimble job.
Con: 14 - Definitely looks healthy enough and compared to all the handicaps around him… hmmm… I wonder if teachers are meant to be handicapped too…
Int: 18 - Definitely a smart man, but…
Wis: 10 - He seems to expect instant understanding from students for their studies.
Cha: 11 - Eleven fits his rather droning tone and blasé nature.
Lawful Neutral: Teaching follows a routine for this man and his concerns for health seem more like a law that needs to be followed and rehearsed rather than human nature.

Shizune
Str: 12 - This girl’s strength is perhaps more inner, but she definitely looks like she can pack an emergency punch.
Dex: 14 - Having good dexterity from almost constant hand motion.
Con: 10 - Perhaps average, she seems a bit lithe.
Int: 16 - Very shrewd tactician.
Wis: 14 - I can see her as decently clever and devious.
Cha: 17 - Soft spoken (pun intended) council president and class rep, there’s something about her you notice even if it can’t be heard!
Alignment: Lawful Evil - Shrewd, decisive and blunt, she has a devious side to her like the sly snake she is. May have some Lawful Neutral tendencies.

Emi
Str: 16 - With such fitness, she can ram a man and stand right back up, on fake legs no doubt!
Dex: 13 - She’s like the dwarf in her clumsiness, that’s okay, because…
Con: 19 - Dwarves get bonus Con! Emi can run forever, even if the fake legs remove lots of the stamina drain and cramping that real feet and legs would get in their place. Don’t mess with the young dwarf!
Int: 9 - Not always too bright unless it’s about health; even then she seems to stumble a bit, and the wise, or rather Int heavy doctor called her stupid as well.
Wis: 13 - She seems to know how to be prepared for an extra lunch and be at the right place to prevent fast food eating!
Cha: 11 - She’s such a dwarf, she barely stands out! Dwarven -2 Charisma really hurts here!
Alignment: Chaotic Good - She means well, she really does, but rules tend to escape her and smack down boys with heart failure!

Hanako
Str: 15 - Delicate and timid, she’s probably not one to hurt a fly, but could beat you up in less than a half a pinch!
Dex: 11 - Hair dexterity manages to cover the eyes really well but she has very timid reflexes.
Con: 16 - She survived a fire… I think, she has to be sturdy to still be alive; or she’s lucky.
Int: 17 - She reads a lot! You gotta pick up something!
Wis: 16 - She’s definitely not foolish either, there’s a certain wit to her.
Cha: 8 - Poor Hanako, unless it’s the main character or Lilly, you might as well wear a ring of Improved Invisibility!
Alignment: Neutral Good - A true sweetheart, she’s just too shy to unleash her good will and kind nature to the world.

Yuuko
Str: 12 - The woman deals with lots of heavy books. That frail frame hides something.
Dex: 11 - Somewhat clumsy and easy to startle, but able to handle your tea with care!
Con: 15 - Let’s face it: she juggles two jobs we know of so far; she probably works the nearby farmlands as headmistress as well!
Int: 17 - No brainer (no pun intended), librarians know their stuff!
Wis: 18 - Only Yuuko can see through the elephant that may not really be an elephant!
Cha: 10 - Too timid, prefers to stay behind a counter and do her work.
Alignment: Lawful Good - The customer is always right about their book/drink and must be served in a professional manner.

Classes:
Hisao – A middle grounder, perhaps a druid who needs balance, maybe a Fighter/Druid Multiclass. That’d make him a Half-elf, a bit scrawnier than being human though. If it’s 3 or 3.5E (I refuse to consider 4E) then he’d be a Druid/Bard Multiclass who misses out on Human bonus feats, but his classes are amongst the most diverse path wise!

Lilly – An elegant one, a Bard may be a bit possible, but her sneaking things out of your pocket? She’d be incapable with her disagreeing alignment, though a benevolent Paladin with too few stats may seem possible.

Kenji – Mad wizard! Probably a necromancer, Diviner or Abjurer, though his secondary stats are a bit low for the requirement. A mad gnomish Illusionist on the other hand… wasted Multiclass potential!

Rin – Some sort of Bard or Thief/Mage, probably a dual class Thief/Mage, if it’s 3E, consider Monk Fu kicking action! Spell casting would be purely vocal.

Misha – Evil manipulative Enchantress, maybe a Bard who steals your lunch then hands it to you as a trade. What a sport!

Nurse – Nurse is a Ranger, much like BG2’s Minsc, but without headwounds, hamsters or heavy swords (making him less epic,) he probably made an illegal Cleric dual class with insufficient stat requirements in order to heal people.

Muto – Fighter/Mage would fit his stats, either dual classed human or an ogre, since there are Ogre-Magi.

Shizune – Thief, probably with some assassin Kit. As can be seen, she’s well, quiet and good with moving her hands, now this dagger… then again, she draws attention quickly, she can’t be a caster without vocal spell components, unless focused on hand motions.

Emi – Dwarven Fighter/Thief, more of a goodly thug, she’d be the tank of the Katawa adventuring squad, and with her knack for having mechanical legs, would be good at disarming traps, horrible at stealth; she might be a Barbarian/Thief in 3E, but a dwarf still.

Hanako – Fighter, maybe a Drow or elf of some sort, being more the lithe type than the strength based version. She might be more a ranger loner type though instead. Maybe even a triple Classed F/C/M if half elven.

Yuuko – Almost certainly an elven Wizard or priest, too bad an elf can’t be both, half-elf can, but not full blooded elves! Still, give her as many spells to cast from both arcane and divine as you can! You’ll be in good shape later in the game.
Last edited by Darisc on Mon May 25, 2009 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nosson

Post by Nosson »

That was awesome Darisc
Darisc

Post by Darisc »

Rin totally comes equipped with a Ring of Free action or Improved Haste, Misha is permanently under Vocalize, and Hanako has booster elemental resistances to Acid, Fire, and maybe even Electricity!

Lilly probably has high stealth and illusion detection skills, and Rin probably has resistance to Entangles and Web spells.

If we ignore these likely bonuses, it'd be fun to make a party of six!

I'd take Hisao for his superhuman Charisma, for he'd get better reaction rolls for diplomacy and as a Druid, he can heal and stuff.

Emi is a frontliner and trap handler... besides, what party DOESN'T have a Dwarf in it?

Yuuko is just too valuable with her diverse smart and wise grip that magic would just be too easy!

Nurse would provide some Ranger powers like dual wielding and bow action, unless he went for Cleric weapon restrictions when he dualed.

Kenji: dedicated wizards are a must for early access to L8 and 9 spells even if he's barred from Necromancy.

Last would be a tossup, depending on needs. Lilly would be good for another frontliner and in case some Paladin holy Canes come along, and Muto would provide some brute strength.

Half Elf Fighter/Druid
Dwarf Fighter/Thief
Elven Cleric/Mage
Human Ranger/Cleric
Gnome Illusionist
With either:
Human Paladin or Half-Ogre Fighter/Mage

I don't know why I'm having so much fun with this...
stranger

Post by stranger »

Good christ man, you deserve some kind of award for putting so much effort into something so pointless.
remember to take your meds, kids
Spoon

Post by Spoon »

Eh. Most people have spent more time on less useful things.
"Sometimes I sit for hours weighing the fine distinctions between spunk, pluck, balls, nerve, chutzpah, gall, and moxie."
berserker29

Post by berserker29 »

Darisc wrote:
Rin – Some sort of Bard or Thief/Mage, probably a dual class Thief/Mage, if it’s 3E, consider Monk Fu kicking action! Spell casting would be purely vocal.
Oh god... I nearly passed out laughing so hard when I imagined Rin walking around, mumbling to herself, invoking random spells while caught up in her own world.
2xCPU version, 1xPS3, 1xGTX 260
Darisc

Post by Darisc »

berserker29 wrote:
Darisc wrote:
Oh god... I nearly passed out laughing so hard when I imagined Rin walking around, mumbling to herself, invoking random spells while caught up in her own world.
Invoking... wait, why didn't I think of Evocation/Invocation based, Rin would be a spiffy Invoker very easily.

She'd use her high dex to throw darts and use slings with her feet, even while wearing magic boots.
Bara

Post by Bara »

berserker29 wrote:
Darisc wrote: Rin – Some sort of Bard or Thief/Mage, probably a dual class Thief/Mage, if it’s 3E, consider Monk Fu kicking action! Spell casting would be purely vocal.
I can see her spells being effective.....but "unique"....

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?