Rin
44%
Shizune
11%

Total votes: 5433

G3n0c1de

Re: Favorite girl.

Post by G3n0c1de »

Yes, the poll was hacked awhile back. Put Rin at maybe a little above Lilly, and the poll would be as it was.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

SoulisS wrote:unless anons can vote
They can, hence the hacking.
Anajamois

Post by Anajamois »

No question: Hanako.

Shyness is a major turn-on for me.

...Am i weird?
Naevius

Post by Naevius »

Anajamois wrote:No question: Hanako.

Shyness is a major turn-on for me.

...Am i weird?
Judging by the amount of Hanako lovers here, not in the slightest. Heck, while I'm a major Shizune fanboy, I gotta admit Hanako is just so freaking adorable. Her shyness is part of what makes her desirable.
Anajamois

Post by Anajamois »

Naevius wrote:Judging by the amount of Hanako lovers here, not in the slightest. Heck, while I'm a major Shizune fanboy, I gotta admit Hanako is just so freaking adorable. Her shyness is part of what makes her desirable.
Good. Still, i wonder why her scars don't bother me even a little bit? I mean, i remember when i watched Shallow Hal and cringed when the girl with the burnt face spoke to Hal.

Must be her body.
Naevius

Post by Naevius »

Anajamois wrote:
Naevius wrote:Judging by the amount of Hanako lovers here, not in the slightest. Heck, while I'm a major Shizune fanboy, I gotta admit Hanako is just so freaking adorable. Her shyness is part of what makes her desirable.
Good. Still, i wonder why her scars don't bother me even a little bit? I mean, i remember when i watched Shallow Hal and cringed when the girl with the burnt face spoke to Hal.

Must be her body.
Might also be because Hanako's fairly good at hiding it beneath her hair.
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

Naevius wrote:
Anajamois wrote:

Must be her body.
Might also be because Hanako's fairly good at hiding it beneath her hair.
Kinda like Dr. Blight.
Action Doctor

Post by Action Doctor »

Lilly > Hanako > Rin > Emi > .......................................... Shizune

Lilly: Maybe I'm boring but I like a girl who's a calming influence. I think the first act does a good job of showing the beginnings of depth for her character rather than making her too proper and just-so. Clashes with Shizune? Not knowing what to do with Rin? Missing her sister? I can get behind that. Also the scene where she orders an extra coffee is, I feel, a great way for her to show interest.

Hanako: I like her but not so much in a date-y way. More in a let's-hang-out sort of way. Spending lunch in the tea room with her and Lilly seems like good times. I certainly feel the impulse to give her a warm hug and tell her everything's going to be okay but I see her more as a platonic friend-type than a potential love interest.

Rin: Very intriguing if somewhat exhausting. I feel like you'd need to be all in to be willing to put up with her on a regular basis. I want to see more of her not so much because I'm interested in her romantic progression per se but because I simply want to see where on earth her storyline goes.

Emi: I've got nothing against her; in fact I kind of like her. It's just that I'm not so much into her personality type. She seems like the kind of girl that'd be nice to have in a circle of friends but not so much the one I want to spend one-on-one time with. Also, tearing through the halls of a school for the disabled in your running blades really does seem monumentally stupid and irresponsible.

Shizune: Intelligence, conviction, and work ethic are great things but for me rude, arrogant, and manipulative outweigh them in the balance. Also, she picks on the blind kids for not getting work done on time? Having said that I enjoy the script dynamic of never being fully sure how much of Shizune is getting lost via Misha's filter. It's almost too bad that it--understandably--will vanish on Shizune's path once you learn sign language.

edit: Edited to be marginally less stupid (but only marginally so)
Last edited by Action Doctor on Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The good news is...you are going to live
The bad news is he's going to kill you
Napalm

Post by Napalm »

Action Doctor wrote:Lilly < Hanako < Rin < Emi < .......................................... Shizune
Reading your post it seems to me you actually mean:

Nyo ho ho~
Yuurei

Post by Yuurei »

Action Doctor wrote:Shizune: Intelligence, conviction, and work ethic are great things but for me rude, arrogant, and manipulative outweigh them in the balance. Also, she picks on the blind kids for not getting work done on time? Having said that I enjoy the script dynamic of never being fully sure how much of Shizune is getting lost via Misha's filter. It's almost too bad that it--understandably--will vanish on Shizune's path once you learn sign language.
I'll try to save her dignity a bit. :lol:
About picking on the blind kids for not getting work done on time, I think it's right. Everyone in the school must help for the festival; deafs, mutes, armless, all. The fact you're blind doesn't mean you can easily take your time leisurely, expecially if others have already delivered their work. They have problems too. Moreover, you go at Yamaku to learn how to live responsibly also with your disability, whatever it is, and to do the work properly is that.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Shizune's got nothing against blind kids. She's got something against Lilly, who is also blind.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Action Doctor

Post by Action Doctor »

Napalm wrote:
Action Doctor wrote:Lilly < Hanako < Rin < Emi < .......................................... Shizune
Reading your post it seems to me you actually mean:

I apologize; that distinction has been screwing with my head since the third grade. I mean, uh, the carats were meant to be arrows pointing at my successive preferences! Yeah, that's the ticket!
Yuurei wrote: I'll try to save her dignity a bit. :lol:
About picking on the blind kids for not getting work done on time, I think it's right. Everyone in the school must help for the festival; deafs, mutes, armless, all. The fact you're blind doesn't mean you can easily take your time leisurely, expecially if others have already delivered their work. They have problems too. Moreover, you go at Yamaku to learn how to live responsibly also with your disability, whatever it is, and to do the work properly is that.
I'm sure we're going to learn more about Lilly and Shizune's antipathy later on so I'm trying not to cast too many stones. The budget was delegated to kids who fell ill and couldn't report back as soon as was comfortable. So maybe this is more me reacting to Shizune's making a silly big deal that such responsibilities shouldn't be delegated (maybe she's just bitter that she has no one to delegate to) rather than her going after the blind kids. It's just that bringing class 3-2's nature into the discussion makes for a much more sensational barb. :D
G3n0c1de wrote:Shizune's got nothing against blind kids. She's got something against Lilly, who is also blind.
Actually I think it would be really funny if it turned out Shizune did have a thing against blind people due frustrations stemming from her innate inability to communicate with them.
The good news is...you are going to live
The bad news is he's going to kill you
Yuurei

Post by Yuurei »

Action Doctor wrote: I'm sure we're going to learn more about Lilly and Shizune's antipathy later on so I'm trying not to cast too many stones. The budget was delegated to kids who fell ill and couldn't report back as soon as was comfortable. So maybe this is more me reacting to Shizune's making a silly big deal that such responsibilities shouldn't be delegated (maybe she's just bitter that she has no one to delegate to) rather than her going after the blind kids. It's just that bringing class 3-2's nature into the discussion makes for a much more sensational barb. :D
Yeah, in fact after Shizune says to Lilly that is just her fault as the class representative who entrusted others to do her work.
And even after there is that CG I like much.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Action Doctor wrote:I apologize; that distinction has been screwing with my head since the third grade.
I learned it like this: the symbol is like a hungry alligator; it has its mouth towards the bigger meal—whatever is 'greater'.

I had some pretty cool teachers for math. :)
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Naevius

Post by Naevius »

griffon8 wrote:
Action Doctor wrote:I apologize; that distinction has been screwing with my head since the third grade.
I learned it like this: the symbol is like a hungry alligator; it has its mouth towards the bigger meal—whatever is 'greater'.

I had some pretty cool teachers for math. :)
Ditto. It's probably the only reason I still remember it.

Anyway, now to further come to Shizune's defense because I'm such a colossal fanboy... Personally, I'm a harsh-but-fair taskmaster just like Shizune so I know how it feels when you've got a whole project to manage and someone's getting it done later than you'd like--keep in mind that Lilly had asked for a delay of the deadline earlier, which probably threw a lot of Shizune's plans out of whack and caused a lot of adjustments. Plus, you gotta consider that (like she says and like Shizune's path demonstrates) she has to handle a lot more work than Lilly really does and she's managing to pull it off. People like her tend to have a "I don't expect anything less from you than I do from myself" attitude--though unfortunately, they kinda hold themselves to a rather high standard. And she's tired, stressed, and of course has a personal antipathy towards Lilly. I won't deny that she did go overboard like Misha and Hisao both state, but I don't quite view it as damning as others seem to.

Now, her treatment of Hanako I find a bit more undefendable. Guilt by association is hardly just. Maybe Shizune acts like that because she thinks Hanako should grow a spine (and finds her lack thereof disgusting) but it's still rather cruel.