Rin
44%
Shizune
11%

Total votes: 5433

DemonOfRandgris

Re: Favorite girl.

Post by DemonOfRandgris »

Same here actually but...there's always two sides to every story. Maybe Lilly did something to Shizune. Maybe it's just their personality I have yet to play through Shizune's path but I'm definitely sure that the hostility between them is going to be explained somewhere.
G3n0c1de wrote:Harvey Dent is not moe.
Kazuki

Post by Kazuki »

DemonOfRandgris wrote:Same here actually but...there's always two sides to every story. Maybe Lilly did something to Shizune. Maybe it's just their personality I have yet to play through Shizune's path but I'm definitely sure that the hostility between them is going to be explained somewhere.
I went through her path for the sake of getting every ending, and there wasn't any explanation. It might be explained in the final game, though.
"The only law you need is a gun and a good aim."
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

DemonOfRandgris wrote:there's no huge meme going around that helped popularity for her
"Why does she need <noun> if she's <disability>?"

It applies to all of 'em now but I do believe it started with <glasses> and <deaf>.
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

Kazuki wrote:
DemonOfRandgris wrote:Same here actually but...there's always two sides to every story. Maybe Lilly did something to Shizune. Maybe it's just their personality I have yet to play through Shizune's path but I'm definitely sure that the hostility between them is going to be explained somewhere.
I went through her path for the sake of getting every ending, and there wasn't any explanation. It might be explained in the final game, though.
The only obvious possibility that I could tell from Act I is that both are leader types (Lilly/her class president, Shizune/student council) and they have totally different leading styles (Shizune is top-down* and Lilly seems to be more the consensus-building sort).

*IfYouKnowWhatIMean
DemonOfRandgris

Post by DemonOfRandgris »

EternalLurker wrote:"Why does she need <noun> if she's <disability>?"

It applies to all of 'em now but I do believe it started with <glasses> and <deaf>.

That's a major meme? I've only seen it around on the original lulzy comic. In any case, I do believe Shizune is quite underrated. I know a few people who just utterly hate her.
G3n0c1de wrote:Harvey Dent is not moe.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

DemonOfRandgris wrote:I know a few people who just utterly hate her.
Well, now you've met me, so it's a few + 1.
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

EternalLurker wrote:
DemonOfRandgris wrote:I know a few people who just utterly hate her.
Well, now you've met me, so it's a few + 1.
Well as you can tell by the personal rankings in my signature, Shizune currently fell below even Misha. When I was researching possible evidence for Misha's disability I went down teh Shizune path and to be honest Misha stuck on my more than Shizune. Perhaps it was just because I was looking closer at Misha in her words and actions but she still struck me as more alluring than Shizune.

Sorry Shizune fans but it's like when the popular girl (Shizune) befriends the unpopular girl (Misha) to make herself look good when they stand next to each other. There is always that one guy who actually likes the friend more; me.
Seems to be my pattern with each of the girl pairs where it is not the leading girl of the group who gets my vote. (Misha>Shizune, Hanako>Lilly, Rin>Emi)
Last edited by neumanproductions on Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
commissarchristoph

Post by commissarchristoph »

Kenj- owait, girls. They're not as trustworthy as Kenji, but I'll list them anyways.

My first is Hanako, probably because I honestly care so very little about anything in a relationship beyond being there for someone and holding them. It seems as if Hanako really needs someone to be there for her. I'm also a rather protective individual, having watched over my brothers, one of which has mental disabilities, for the majority of my childhood. So seeing someone who's that hurt and vulnerable makes me drawn to her to protect her (Not that she doesn't have Lilly, but y'know). Its also very rewarding to see her smile as opposed to the others, who smile much more often, and with far less effort. In the Hanako ending, I felt as if it were a "crowning moment of heartwarming". It doesn't hurt that she's absolutely adorable, either.

Second is Lilly. She's such a nice individual, that I honestly can't help but like her. I admire her friendship with Hanako, which makes me happy that Hanako has someone she can be friends with, even if part of the reason behind it is Lilly's blindness. Despite how proppa' Lilly is, I feel like its more of a facade built up through conditioning when she was a younger child. Behind her prim and proper attitude, I think she may hide an interesting personality.

Shizune is third. My first play through her path, I didn't feel that she should even be on the list because of how bad I felt not siding with Lilly in their confrontation. However, I recently replayed it and quite honestly, Shizune is probably the most realistic girl in the game (In my opinion at least), and has the attitude of someone I would go out with (Given a few modifications, such as to her behaviour around Lilly) in my own life. I enjoy competing with people in silly, non-competitive ways.

With Emi, its not so much that I don't like her, its just that I feel she doesn't shine as much as the other characters. She has a kind of bland personality to me, and while she is absolutely adorable, I find that I wouldn't be able to go out with her.

Rin...Rin just kind of floats around. She's occasionally right after hanako and occasionally behind Emi. I'd most likely end up just being friends with her. Maybe even besties, but I can't really imagine a relationship with Rin.

And Misha I'm not sure about. I mean, I love her, and her personality. However, I don't really feel like we were exposed to enough of her (As in without Shizune). Even without a Misha path in the full game, I hope her character has more time away from Shizune.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Kazuki wrote:
Lilly tells you that she and Shizune "go back some ways" for whatever that's worth. Wait for a more elaborate explanation in the final game^^
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

It was decided that Shizune would be the closest thing to an antagonistic presence in act 1. As the only one with a strong, determined personality, I suppose she would be the only one to fit that role. I cope with her Lilly confrontation by focusing on her more playfully aggressive side. I dunno, I find it endearing. But she doesn't leave much room for friendship with the other girls. Only Misha.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
UnknownFan

Post by UnknownFan »

Whoa, I'm probably a slowpoke here, but that poll sure looks a bit fucked up.

Well, anyway. Rin = Lilly = Hanako >>>>> Shizune = Emi. If I had to pick one, probably Rin.
Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

UnknownFan wrote:Whoa, I'm probably a slowpoke here, but that poll sure looks a bit fucked up.

Well, anyway. Rin = Lilly = Hanako >>>>> Shizune = Emi. If I had to pick one, probably Rin.
The poll's been hacked ages ago. Although I think only Rin's votes were altered (?)
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

neumanproductions wrote:it is not the leading girl of the group who gets my vote. (Misha>Shizune, Hanako>Lilly, Rin>Emi)
emphasis added to expose blatant lies

Gen still continues to confuse "strong and determined" with "hypocritical and bitchy" I see.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

EternalLurker wrote:Gen still continues to confuse "strong and determined" with "hypocritical and bitchy" I see.
I can't defend her actions. But I love her all the same.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Saika

Post by Saika »

There's a difference between "serious" and "bitchy", you know.