Rin
44%
Shizune
11%

Total votes: 5433

Warwick

Re: Favorite girl.

Post by Warwick »

I'd like to question everyone's classification of Shizune as a tsundere. Personally, I love tsunderes, but I just don't think she fits. Her scoldings are usually due to her job as the student council president and because of the authority and responsibilities placed on her (Emi for running in the halls, Rin for sleeping on the tables, and Lilly for not submitting her paperwork). Plus, she's not particularly tsun towards Hisao, either. She's assertive, competitive, and playful, but she's never confrontational or cranky. Yes, she likes being aggressive, but that's because she knows what she wants and is decisive enough to take action to get it. In fact, I'd consider her more of a trickster than tsundere. People on IRC have heard me compare her to Horo from Spice and Wolf. Instead of getting angry at Hisao, she pouts. When she corners Hisao in one of their little competitions, she teases him about winning, but she never demeans him. Hisao even notices that Shizune and Misha are more alike than they may seem at first in Shizune's route.
静音是买外夫
unkind

Post by unkind »

1. Hanako
2. Lilly/Shizune

No idea why, but ya. I guess Hanako kinda reminds me of Sakura from F/sn.
Barbako

Post by Barbako »

My favorite is Rin by a long, long shot. I absolutely love her personality and way of speaking, and she's not half-bad appearance-wise! I thought her shaking her head when she said she needed a haircut was adorable! She'll most likely be the first girl I go for once the full game is released!

My second favorite is Hanako. She's just so danged pretty, and I have a thing for angsty characters... not to mention she's a bookworm and plays chess, that's always a plus! :3
Miite

Post by Miite »

Hanako's my definite favorite, even though I usually go for tsunderes. For some reason, I just kept gravitating towards her throughout the demo. She's kinda mysterious and a little creepy... in a good way. Once you get to know her, you'll realize her shyness is mostly psychological and not due to personality issues and her little game with the floor just killed me. I died (and cried) too, when I realized why she is friends with no one except for Lilly. I guess because of her complex, you just want to be that person who loves and protects her, changes her life and makes her better (and whole) again. To me, judging from the demo at least, she seems to have the most potential for character development so far.

Rin and Lilly occupy a close joint second though. Rin's just a fantastic character to be around with her unpredictability and idiosyncrasies and Lilly's so put together you can't help but admire her. Misha and Shizune annoyed me with their pushiness but was made up for in the end. Emi's a "wait and see" though. ... Needs the full game!!
Jenso

Post by Jenso »

Miite wrote:her shyness is mostly psychological and not due to personality issues
wat
unkind

Post by unkind »

Jenso wrote:
Miite wrote:her shyness is mostly psychological and not due to personality issues
wat
Shy because her face is burned too hell and that's how she deals with it, rather than shy naturally (suggesting that she's actually outgoing, but hindered psychologically by what's happened to her). O_o
HighestJudgeofXanadu

Post by HighestJudgeofXanadu »

I really liked Rin, the way she speaks and acts totally throw me off everytime, its just fun what odd thing she'll say next! All the girls were great though, they all have really great personalities.
Secret

Post by Secret »

Well I just finished all the paths so I feel I should now give my opinions on all the girls.

Shizune- I absolutely love her! I like both her aggressive side and her playful side. I thinks it's really cute the why she trys to manipulate and trick you into joining the Student Council. She is just simply perfect in every way. ^_^ Plus she has the best ending, no if ands or buts about it, it IS the best.

Emi- She's the first ending I got when I had been just playing naturally so she comes in second for me. I really got attached to her due to her hyper behavior and how she's always happy(something that usually tends to make me happy too).

Rin- She's weird....just weird, but that's not a bad thing, not in the least.

Lilly- At first I wasn't to fond of her but after I played through her path I came to like her a bit. I found many of her scenes in the game to be some of my favorites even if she isn't.

Hanako- Same as with Lilly except I really didn't like her at the start. She's so shy it's creepy and I would except her to be one of those types of people that never leave there house because if how scared of people they are... After playing through her path I kind of see why people like her but, to me, she's more of someone I would want to be friends with and help to overcome her shyness, then someone I would fall in love with.

I'm not going to mention Misha with the others because she doesn't have her own path(at least in the demo) so she is not my least favorite really. I feel she just kind of goes with Shizune although I do hope later we can chose to learn Sign so we can ditch Misha.
ChaosEngine

Post by ChaosEngine »

Secret wrote:I'm not going to mention Misha with the others because she doesn't have her own path(at least in the demo) so she is not my least favorite really. I feel she just kind of goes with Shizune although I do hope later we can chose to learn Sign so we can ditch Misha.
I don't understand what's with all the general hate on Misha. I find her character really cute and appealing, though Shizune is by far my favourite. I really hope the rumours don't come to fruition with Misha dying from her yet-unknown disability.
Xynar

Post by Xynar »

I started out determined to get the Hanako path first then Shizune right after Hanako. However in the course of getting the Hanako path Lilly managed to steal my heart. I hadn't really even considered her since I stereotyped her as a haughty rich girl. However she turned out to be so kind and sweet that I knew my choice had really been made for me.

I felt so bad for Lilly when Shizune was chewing her out in the 3-3 classroom, and at the same time angry at Shizune for picking on her like that. Shizune fell several ranks in my eyes thanks to that, so far that she now ranks 5 place out of all 5. The scene in the convienence store where Hisao helps Lilly with her shopping was love.

Shizune lost favor with me after the classroom scene, and her hostility to Hanako for being Lilly's friend. I thought that was really petty and shallow of her. I also found Misha kinda annoying and it was awkward being unable to directly communicate with Shizune. I'm ok with that though, because that's how it would be in real life. I think Four Leaf did a great job making Shizune a believable character, but she's just not then kind of person I can deal with very well. I avoid her type in real life.

So my over all ranking is now as follows:

#1 Lilly
#2 Hanako
#3 Emi
#4 Rin
#5 Shizune
I choose Lilly... because love is blind!
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

I agree with ChaosEngine on the Misha hate. I really like Misha because she manages to be bubbly and optimistic without being hyper and airheaded, like Emi.
静音是买外夫
Dritz

Post by Dritz »

1. Lilly - Mature, Mature, Mature. Thats about all that needs to be said, considering the rest of the girls.

2. Shizune - Annoyingly competitive, but not enough to make it not at least semi-cute. She's probably tying with Lilly in terms of intelligence, but her work ethic is a real turn off, along with her immaturity.

3. Emi - I got her on my first play through, but I didn't really enjoy her scenes or her. Tolerable to a point, until you realize that aside from a positive outlook and wanting to stay in shape, shes got nothing going on in her head

4. Hanako - I can't stand how shy this girl is. She isn't last only because I love her hair

4. Rin - Annoyingly out of touch with reality. I feel like she deliberately stays like this as a way to distract herself from her disability. This kind of escapism ties her with Hanako as being to annoying to give half a shit about.
AnonymousComment

Post by AnonymousComment »

I like Rin best.

I love her.

She is somewhat kawaii.

I wouldn't say sugoii, just kawaii. deesu ne.
Brasse

Post by Brasse »

Warwick wrote:I agree with ChaosEngine on the Misha hate. I really like Misha because she manages to be bubbly and optimistic without being hyper and airheaded, like Emi.
I wouldn't say that Emi never gets to the point that it becomes downright annoying, but yeah, I like Misha.
I say, additional crackfics are in order.

Shizune>Lilly>Rin>Misha>Emi>Kenji>Hanako.
Scyth

Post by Scyth »

Before I even knew any of their personalities, I chose Hanako from the start. simply because burns seems like one of the coolest disability. I have to say, though, I came to like her more after I played Act 1. Rin is a close runner up because her simple bluntness about everything is just completely fun to read, but Hanako is still at the top for being so shy and darn cute.