44%
Shizune
11%

Total votes: 5433

U.T. Raptor

Re: Favorite girl.

Post by U.T. Raptor »

Fawriel wrote:
Palodin wrote:Also, everyones hot for Kenji.
He's to die for, isn't he.

._.
1209678120227.jpg
1209678120227.jpg (48.54 KiB) Viewed 4314 times
Layzuhl

Post by Layzuhl »

Palodin wrote:
Fawriel wrote:
Palodin wrote:Also, everyones hot for Kenji.
He's to die for, isn't he.

._.
That he is... that he is. Its just a pity any of his paths will probably be considered bad ends :( .
There has to be at least one Kenji good end.

It won't happen. ;_;
hasteroth

Post by hasteroth »

Shizune is epic. Rin is second place.
helmet boy

Post by helmet boy »

Eh, cant say i like Shizune that much, seems too bitchy for my liking.
"t-thank you for H-Hanging out with me"
BURNAN
SHYAN
WHITE KNIGHTAN
KATAWA SHOUJO
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

... daaaaamn.

Well, I actually feel proud to not be a part of the Hanako band wagon. It would have to be Shizune for me, with Emi as a respectable second. I have no feelings for the other girls, but I feel a bit sad for Misha not getting thrown a bone. It would seem that my interests drag up the rear of the poll as far as path girls go.

As for Hanako, I'd like to say that I don't get why everyone likes her, but I think I kind of know. As said earlier she has protection moe, and recluse moe. She's shy, which only makes the player want to pursue her further, to unravel that mystery, to comfort her, get her to smile. That's her appeal, and it's immediately obvious to the player. This to me doesn't seem that deep. Simplicity is a part of the appeal, it's easy for the player to figure her out. Though I'm sure Crud will add whole new dimensions and levels for her, at present this is not relevant to my interests. And that is perfectly fine, based on the vote, Crud is doing everything right, his character is destroying all the others.

And for Emi, I guess I like her for her track ability. I ran track in high school. And that she's cute and energetic. Like Hanako she also seems simple, but again this is an appealing aspect. Though with the results of this poll, I hope TheHivemind isn't put off by this.

Shizune, my favorite. I think that the reason she is somewhat unpopular is because of her exterior personality. Shizune is strong-willed, forceful, and as A22 puts it, 'stoic'. A lot of players are turned off by this. But I love it. I find her competitiveness to be engaging and fun. Apparently I am in to the tsundere archetype. And just like a good tsundere she has a more open, girlish, soft side, which she'll only reveal to you after getting her to be comfortable enough around you to remove her mask. This is what does it for me, the depth of her personality. And her deafness also adds another layer of complexity and appeal (for me at least). Communicating with her is a challenge, as it often must be done through Misha. The will behind her words is often lost as the words default to Misha's loud and friendly personality. I can't even count the times I've laughed at this. And the end, with the fireworks show on the roof, was a great way to finish act one. You couldn't communicate with her vocally, but her message rang true.

I do hope the devs take the information from this poll and spice up their characters accordingly.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
kobe

Post by kobe »

I played through act 1 again yesterday, and I don't get why i hated shizune. Maybe It was the fact that when i first tried to get her path, i ended up with kenji. XD
Shizune and Hanako are top-tier (Shizune possibly more than Hanako :shock: , and I'd never have thought i'd say that!)
Lilly and rin are middle-tier (Lilly is generally very polite, and Rin is just me in female form, minus the arms)
Emi and misha are low-tier (Incredibly energetic loli, and LOUD girl, DO NOT WANT!)

I've been playing too much brawl...

So yeah, I liek Shizune for the assertiveness and willpower, and the fact that you have to warm up to her for her to show her personality, just like Hanako. (I like it when you have to get a girl out of her shell) too bad she's deaf, she wouldn't get what i was doing at my computer doing stuff she can't even enjoy. (read, making music, hell yeah trance!), Hanako, i like her for playing chess, and reading teh books.
hasteroth

Post by hasteroth »

Shizune > Rin > Hanako > Misha > Lilly > Emi

Top Tier

Shizune and Rin

Middle Tier

Hanako, Misha and Lilly

Bottom Tier

Emi
helmet boy

Post by helmet boy »

Its rather odd, there only seems to be a few Emi fans, but those who are seem to be die hard fans.
BURNAN
SHYAN
WHITE KNIGHTAN
KATAWA SHOUJO
vaen

Post by vaen »

top: lilly
middle: rin, misha, emi
low: shizune
Synoptic

Post by Synoptic »

Shizune > Hanako > Rin > Emi > Misha > Lilly

Even though Misha's got no path lol
"...!"
helmet boy

Post by helmet boy »

Misha might not half a path, but shes still a rather important character.
BURNAN
SHYAN
WHITE KNIGHTAN
KATAWA SHOUJO
Ryuga

Post by Ryuga »

Id have to go with Shizune Is first then Lilly. I just find Shizunes childlike competitiveness so damn adorable, she also seems like someone who would be fun to hang around....given if you knew sign language it would be better. But hey think about this, If yea talked to her through Im and stuff it would be like she was anyone else haha. Ok back on topic. Lilly is a close second, I really like the elegance in her character, and that she is so polite, and has this really charming nature.....or however you should word that.
somedude

Post by somedude »

wow I'm a complete 180 from the average user of these forums.
I like Emi the best. but thats because I have a condition that occasionally renders my legs utterly useless do the the pain they inflict on me (Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis). I'm getting treatment and the treatment is working quiet well so moving on, I can relate to her easily. She seems to already like Hisao (hence the random lunch invitation regardless of how fast you run), but if you do over exert yourself then she ends up seeing you at your worst and it sets off a reverse Nightingale syndrome in her. Some posters here have said that she's manipulative, but she manipulates you because she wants YOU to be healthy (and unlike Shizune) not because she would profit from it. Though you guys are right, I dont care how cute the girl is you do not take food away from me that I paid for :x

I like Lilly second best. She's just adorable and so prim and proper you cant help but want to pat her on the head and give her a cookie (or a kiss) for trying so hard and succeeding at it. You just want to talk to her for a few hours then shut up and hold her hand for the rest of the day.

Beyond those 2 I like them all about equally though it took a fair bit of warming up for me to come to like Shizune. After seeing her rip into Hanako for doing nothing but being friends with Lilly and committing the crime of being unbearably shy, I was more than willing to write her off as a "bully with actual authority to clout" add in her near perpetual manipulations to get you to do things for her and I really couldnt stand her until the chats with her at the tea house and the date for the festival. To whoever drew the picture used during the tea house chats with Shizune, DAMN you gave her this cute/sexy feral grin that was hard to ignore or dislike. And the moment before the fireworks was truly touching and sweet.
vaen

Post by vaen »

somedude wrote: reverse Nightingale syndrome
you made me google that.
and everybody who ever posted on this board has that, which makes Emi's case quite ironic.
somedude wrote: I like Lilly second best. She's just adorable and so prim and proper you cant help but want to pat her on the head and give her a cookie (or a kiss) for trying so hard and succeeding at it. You just want to talk to her for a few hours then shut up and hold her hand for the rest of the day.
.... very yes
Hirosi

Post by Hirosi »

Rin's personality is awesome.
I would like to spend the day with her.