Rin
44%
Shizune
11%

Total votes: 5433

Hisao&Hanako<3

Re: Favorite girl.

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Xanatos wrote:The reference was ruined by the spaces in between. And you'd get more friends here if that post didn't sound condescending as hell...

Look, if you get pleasure from the happiness of others (as you've stated), then you're helping them is for a personal gain because the act of helping them gives you pleasure. You say it hurts you to see others suffer? So you're helping them for a personal gain still: By helping them overcome their suffering, your own hurt is diminished. That's not a problem, just a fact of psychology.
It's only condescending if you choose to see it that way. Guilty conscience, I wonder...? And I had to add the spaces because for some reason the message just kept going off the screen and it cut off pretty early so I had to edit it just to make sure the whole thing showed up.

What are you, a Psych major? It takes more than your understanding to get what I'm trying to say. It takes more than any human's total understanding to get what I mean... which is why we're told to "lean not on our own understanding" but that's a whole other can of worms. A can I really don't mind opening but for now I'll hold off. I never mean to ride a high horse as you said in another thread, but people keep taking what I say as though I am. Again I ask, guilty conscience?
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:
Xanatos wrote:The reference was ruined by the spaces in between. And you'd get more friends here if that post didn't sound condescending as hell...

Look, if you get pleasure from the happiness of others (as you've stated), then you're helping them is for a personal gain because the act of helping them gives you pleasure. You say it hurts you to see others suffer? So you're helping them for a personal gain still: By helping them overcome their suffering, your own hurt is diminished. That's not a problem, just a fact of psychology.
It's only condescending if you choose to see it that way. Guilty conscience, I wonder...? And I had to add the spaces because for some reason the message just kept going off the screen and it cut off pretty early so I had to edit it just to make sure the whole thing showed up.

What are you, a Psych major? It takes more than your understanding to get what I'm trying to say. It takes more than any human's total understanding to get what I mean... which is why we're told to "lean not on our own understanding" but that's a whole other can of worms. A can I really don't mind opening but for now I'll hold off. I never mean to ride a high horse as you said in another thread, but people keep taking what I say as though I am. Again I ask, guilty conscience?
No, it's condescending because you're acting condescending. And you're still doing it.

"It takes more than any human's total understanding to get what I mean" - Look, you're not some mystical thing that nobody can understand, alright? Come down off the fucking pedestal.

You said something horrible and you were called on it prior to correcting your wording. Now you're saying your altruism isn't for personal gain while contradicting that claim by stating (in the same post) what you gain from it, so now you're being corrected on that. Unable to deal with being called out and corrected on your mistakes (as if being corrected is somehow a negative thing), you're now coming across as a condescending nuisance. This is all just my humble opinion, of course.

Do I have a guilty conscience? No.

Do you sound like a condescending prick by implying I do, in addition to all your BS implications (in previous posts) about all the other people here not having learned anything? Yes. So go outside, have a smoke, calm the fuck down, and come back when you're being more reasonable.
Last edited by Xanatos on Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Not if you're a War fan... :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Xanatos wrote:
I just typed in "why can't we be friends".
it was the first hit on youtube (that and I have no idea who originally did that song >.> )
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Cut the namecalling, or else.

Also getting back on topic would be nice.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Xanatos wrote:
There's different ways to respond to what you say I'm doing. You could have been like "Alright man, I disagree with what you're saying but if you feel that way, not much I can do about it." And then you could have proceeded with your questions that would have prompted me to change my wording.

So we're both guilty here. Guilty of responding to something we see in a rash manner, and guilty of acting on authority we think we have, to correct someone else's misstep. It doesn't have to get out of hand though. Hopefully it hasn't yet.

Right, right, getting back on topic would be good. I've already answered that question though. Time to find another thread I suppose.
Denouement

Post by Denouement »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:I have a knack for going on a rant about unrelated things. Doesn't Rin do that too? If you're all so patient in understanding and loving her, why can't you reach out to me with the same type of generosity? For the 'Rinbros', if you all dealt with Rin the same way you're dealing with what I'm saying, I can't see how you enjoyed her path at all. I for one am trying to use what I learned from KS without flipping my lid too much, like I have a habit of doing sometimes. I only control myself for so long, and then I start losing my temper, then I feel bad about it, try to make up for it, but by then I've been permanently labeled as something negative. So yes, enter Rin. I am the misunderstood, and people don't seem to get what I say at all, which puts me in my own world so to speak.
I'm not trying to understand you because I can't accept you otherwise. The only things that I couldn't accept are things that cannot be explained. But I think all things can be explained, even Rin, and you (I wouldn't compare you to Rin, I meant that my desire to understand is part of my interest in her). It is the belief that things can be understood that allows me to accept them without understanding them. I accept the nonsense of Rin, but that doesn't mean that I have no desire to understand Rin, or that I would be wrong in desiring as such. Understanding and acceptance are not mutually exclusive. Rin didn't dislike being asked questioned or having her personality postulated directly, she disliked the consequences of how most people are when she cannot explain herself, i.e. people not accepting her lack of explanation (getting angry, yelling at her), thus making her feel like she has something wrong with her (as precisely happens in the story).

At any rate, I do not appreciate the tone, but I won't return it since that wouldn't help. I can also understand how you may be reading all of this with a rude, judgmental tone, particularly because multiple people are questioning you. I personally can be hypersensitive to criticism through isolated texts on the internet due to my own folly, so I know of a similar feeling. I'm simply being analytical, which can be interpreted as looking at things with a pejorative perception, but that's not the case here.

All of this being said, Rin is objectively the best girl in Katawa Shoujo. Thank you for reading. :D
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Denouement wrote:All of this being said, Rin is objectively the best girl in Katawa Shoujo.
I think Lilly might have something to say about that... :P
Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:authority we think we have, to correct someone else's misstep.
Everyone has that authority. When people make mistakes, those mistakes should be pointed out and corrected wherever possible. It's how we learn we've made mistakes and increase our general knowledge. And incidentally, it's how I learned not to jam forks in electrical sockets, so I invite the correction. :lol:
Denouement

Post by Denouement »

Nah, nah. Just look at all of those legitimate votes on Rin in the poll.

And yeah, if we can't correct each other, that is going to hamper our society quite a bit. :D
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Denouement wrote:Nah, nah. Just look at all of those legitimate votes on Rin in the poll.

And yeah, if we can't correct each other, that is going to hamper our society quite a bit. :D
Someone on Twitter wished America a "happy 2013th birthday" on New Year's. I think society's fucked. :lol: We can only slow the inevitable.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Xanatos, did you know Shizune used to be popular and Lilly was disliked? I know it sounds unbelievable, but it's true. The first person who stood up for Lilly was Lithium, about three years ago. :)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

OtakuNinja wrote:Xanatos, did you know Shizune used to be popular and Lilly was disliked? I know it sounds unbelievable, but it's true. The first person who stood up for Lilly was Lithium, about three years ago. :)
So you just jumped on the bandwagon. :P I knew it. Nobody can deny Shizune is best.
xero

Post by xero »

Emi is absolutely the best character. Her back story and her attitude is just memorable beyond belief. I was trying for Hanakos story first and wound up with Emi and I was actually happier I did. After playing through all the other story arcs none of them had any impact on me like Emi and I've even played through hers 3 times so far. She is just absolutely the best character in general in my eyes not just in this story.
Life is a beautiful lie while death is a painful truth
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

OtakuNinja wrote:Xanatos, did you know Shizune used to be popular and Lilly was disliked? I know it sounds unbelievable, but it's true. The first person who stood up for Lilly was Lithium, about three years ago.
I'm not really all that surprised. Shizune's Act1 part was widely considered the best. She had the largest amount of unique scenes and dialogue of all. And the best ending. (though if Hanako's actual Act1 ending had made it into the demo, that honor might have belonged to her instead)
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.