Your natural choice

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Zantron

Re: Your natural choice

Post by Zantron »

I played with no knowledge of the choice outcomes and was happy to get who I wanted and the ending I wanted with Emi \o/
GossCannon

Post by GossCannon »

Hanako, good ending ^_^ Was exactly what I was hoping for. Cried like a bitch with a skinned knee 'n' shit.
harlequin

Post by harlequin »

I ended up with Lilly which kind of makes sense as her formal demeanour and habit of silently just listening is a bit similar to mine.
~ J O K 3 R ~

Post by ~ J O K 3 R ~ »

Drkstrm wrote:
Khantalas wrote:I didn't end up with anyone's path, leading to the natural conclusion.
I had to work for that! Last ending I got, in fact. But my first? Hanako. She was reading a book, and that was that.
Same, same.

When playing it the first time, the scene where he scanned the room, I immediately saw Hanako, not because of her scars, but how she tried to hide it. Something about shy, competitive girls just make me weak on the knees.

And yes, I got Hanako as my first.

You may even call it as love at first sight :oops:
“There is something beautiful about all scars of whatever nature. A scar means the hurt is over, the wound is closed and healed, done with.”
- Harry Crews

(Somehow this reminds me of Hanako and yes, I'm a fan~ * W* ~ ♥)
FutureNinjaOni

Post by FutureNinjaOni »

Damn, that was quite something. I just finished my story with Emi (Good ending too, though I'm not sure if there's a multitude of other possible bad /other endings?). I guess it really kicked off after I almost died from trying to race with her that time. First "playthrough" and all (9 hours or so) but now I don't even feel like playing again making other choices; won't feel as unique and stuff. I so loved Emi's story. Man, thinking back at what grand effect a single choice would've made is kinda scary in the game. I genuinely had no idea how this game worked, heck I only discovered it by chance a two days ago. Quite something indeed.
"One guy. Two girls. In a dorm room. With a tea set."

Emi > Rin > Lilly > Hanako > Shizune
deusprogrammer

Post by deusprogrammer »

I ended up with Hanako first. I just identified with her. She, like myself, was always alone reading a book in the library. I immediately fell in love with her. I could easily look past her scars.
Carnificus

Post by Carnificus »

I got Emi first, which all-in-all was fitting for me in real life probably, I didn't mind the choice though so far she's my least favorite of the three routes I've taken.
"Stories never begin nor do they end. They are comprised of people living, an endless cycle of interacting, influencing each other, and parting ways. As long as stories are told they shall not have clear endings." -Vice President Gustav St. Germain
INFERTakuya

Post by INFERTakuya »

I would have probably gone into Hanako's route on my first try if I didn't decide to just go after Emi instead after recognizing the "Go for it" option as a flag for Emi.
Endings Obtained

Emi: Bad End|Second Chance|Good End
Hanako: Bad End|Neutral End|Good End
Lilly: Bad End|Good End
Shizune: -In Progress-
Rin:
Arivien

Post by Arivien »

I think I would probably have gotten Hanako if I was answering from my POV.
"Exercise? I don't really have to, so why the hell not?"
= Emi ending.
WHUT.
Hanako>Lilly=Rin>>>>Emi>Shizune.

Akira = Miki > Kenji > Yuuko > Hideaki > Everyone Else >>>>>>>>> Jigoro.
Rubytyr

Post by Rubytyr »

Erybis wrote:As a noob, I propose a post. Without thinking, with the choices you made, who's path did you end up with? Mine was Lilly's.

EDIT: This is more about how the decisions that you made reflect your personalality, and what TYPE of girl you would end up with in reality. As Katawa Shoujo's character are extremely varied, it provides a good little test.

My most natural selection? Hanako.

-I know when to prod someone out of their shell, but also know when to back off and let them deal with things - becuase it is how I myself am, I prefer to deal with some of my problems on my own, and am honored by the trust and respect of people that believe in me to do so successfully.

-I feel no need to socialize with people on anything beyond a small scale - it is quality, not quantity.

-She follows the path of "give and take" - wether that's sharing pasts, feelings, or anything~

-Sincere and Honest, no sugar coating or deceptions; like her I say what I think and act how I feel. (tactfully of course, depending if tact is needed)

-And, as embarrising as it is, she longs to be loved - as do I (er, not that feel unloved, but it doesn't change the want any), as I am sure most do.
Demoneq

Post by Demoneq »

Shizune&Misha would annoy me with their nearly constant nagging to join the Student Council, and about other stuff, so I'd probably finally snap, and tell them to go to hell, like Hisao can actually do in act 1, if he tries to outrun Emi and it causes his heart to give him trouble.
Plus I would "naturally" take Lilly's side in her confrontation with Shizune.

Rin... I probably wouldn't mind her company, but she'd feel too weird for me to actually pursue someone like that for friendship/relationship. (though I only know her from act 1, since I have to do her path beyond that, yet)

Emi... well, I don't like sports, so I'd at best run the track slowly, and finally give up, thus no Emi for me. (and we'd probably not have much in common anyway, though again, just guessing from her in act 1)

So I think I'd probably end up with Lilly or Hanako - I liked the calm tea time with Lilly alone, when Hisao tried to find the library in act 1 (I'm not much of an outgoing person, I think), and I used to read a lot, so my natural choices could direct me towards Hanako, too. (though I'd probably be at a risk of getting her neutral or bad ending, at least if not for Lilly's interfering, both the going to the city, and over the phone)

In my first playthrough I ended up with Lilly, but I think my decisions were only partially as I'd make them, and partially picking the library-oriented choices, based on Hisao reading a lot, when he was in the hospital, then deciding to meet with Lilly in the town, instead of Hanako in the library.
Last edited by Demoneq on Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
charmisokay

Post by charmisokay »

I ended up with Lilly's good end (:
After playing Lilly's route I started eating pizza with a knife and a fork ^^ I'm such a gentleman.
Lloonnee2

del

Post by Lloonnee2 »

del
Last edited by Lloonnee2 on Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
crystal

Post by crystal »

Kenji...twice. Thank God for guides :mrgreen:

But once I was steered in the right path, my natural endings were:

Lilly - Good
Hanako - Neutral
Rin - Good
Shizune - Bad(I thought comforting Misha would be a Misha ending)
Emi - Good
Lilly path > Hanako path >>>> Shizune path > Emi path > Rin path.

My most heart wrenching moment...Misha getting a haircut.
Ivan The Mouse

Post by Ivan The Mouse »

Hanako, good ending. That damn girl, made me realize that this game is full of FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELS.
Warning:

This poster is prone to fits of auto-pilot typing, in which he will make posts with butchered grammar and sentence structure without knowing it.