Your natural choice

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Kaiio

Re: Your natural choice

Post by Kaiio »

I was hoping for Hanako, but didn't pick the library at the very beginning, acted naturally and got kenjied. I knew what was gonna happen at the moment I had to choose to join the art club or not. After that I loaded my save from the decision and went "Oh what the hell, I don't care" and joined the club. Now I am unsure if I want to see the other paths.
Nightydreams

Post by Nightydreams »

At first I went into the game hoping to run into a choice at first, let the game give me one and...

and..

The game gave me Lilly and I cannot thank it enough.

My natural choice then, in hindsight was Lilly, not because I was aiming for her but because It fell naturally to her and I fell that nothing else could compare to her route. Manly tears are not enough to describe the emotion this route dragged to the surface. Heartwarming and tear jerking cannot even scratch the surface.

Lilly's was a truly Natural Path.
I believe that a man should not go back on his decisions,
But here I am deciding to break that one rule of manliness.
Because I would rather be thought less of as a man,
Then be lost as a person.
-Alexander. Infinity Ocean

Attachment and Love, is Attachment and Love, regardless of time, space or circumstance.
-Terro, The saddest music in the world
Cherry

Post by Cherry »

The very first time I played the demo, I got Hanako. Makes sense, as I am a lot like her, or at least I was at the time. The second time I got the Kenji ending, having withdrawn from everyone in the game. But then I went back to the last save and ended up with Rin :P
Zerix

Post by Zerix »

Hanako was my natural choice (love of books and white-knight syndrome >.<). When I finally was able to play the path in full, I felt such an emotional connection to the Hisao that emerged in that path that I could not believe it. It was uncanny how similar I was to the voice of this visual novel. In the other paths I've played, I cannot relate to Hisao nearly as much.
Mrkew

Post by Mrkew »

Manly picnic was my first ending so I'm gonna go with that.

Post by Guest »

Hanako's good ending.

I'm so happy =)
FrozenKimchi

Post by FrozenKimchi »

Lilly
I really like her quiet nature and appreciation for honesty

However, Hanako's behavior is similar to mine (the really shy and scared of other people part)
LordBronas

Post by LordBronas »

Got Lilly, as i got into when i played trough the demo. The ending blew my mind, and many manly tears were shed. (Also, it was the most romantic of them all, so i am as pleased as possible.)
Lilly>Hanako>Rin>Shizune>Emi
Kallas

Post by Kallas »

I got hanako, made it through the whole path... and got the good ending.

and now i cant take any other path, i love you hanako ;_;
Xevo

Post by Xevo »

Lilly, Emi after that and now close to finishing Rin.

Still believe Lilly was the best of the three, though they all have their own magic.
"Anal." - Emi
"I merely have a healthy adolescent sex drive." - Lilly
"The problem is in your pants." - Rin
"I'll tutor you." - Misha
"...?" - Shizune

I approve.
arisadelle

Post by arisadelle »

Limbless wrote:Like a common peasant I got Emi first.

I was a bit disappointed, really.
From Act 1 alone or the whole story? I liked her in Act 1 but I thought her Act 1 ending was weak compared to the others. Given her REAL ending that makes total sense and I think it was completely worth it. Her real ending was one of the most realistic relationship experiences in a VN I've ever experienced. Possibly because it mirrored one I had in real life :\

Emi is oddly enough a female version of my boyfriend. Especially the pirates thing. It was weird that I was immediately attracted to her first and I don't get why people don't like her. But her arc actually taught me a lot about my real life relationship that I'm gonna start implementing this semester. Wish me luck, guys.
Yorec

Post by Yorec »

My natural choice was Emi surprisingly. I was trying to go for Hanako but then during the first run with Emi I ended up pushing myself to the point of having an episode. I figured that if this girl who has no legs can run so well than why the hell can't I? After that everything kind of just fell into place and I really came to like her. Now she's probably my favorite character in the whole game.
Mud

Post by Mud »

Hanako. It's interesting because it's similar to how I met my wife. See shy girl in class. Be friends with shy girl. Coax shy girl out of her shell. Shy girl can apparently sing really well but no one knew it.

The parallels are uncanny.
Palas

Post by Palas »

arisadelle wrote:

From Act 1 alone or the whole story? I liked her in Act 1 but I thought her Act 1 ending was weak compared to the others. Given her REAL ending that makes total sense and I think it was completely worth it. Her real ending was one of the most realistic relationship experiences in a VN I've ever experienced. Possibly because it mirrored one I had in real life :\

Emi is oddly enough a female version of my boyfriend. Especially the pirates thing. It was weird that I was immediately attracted to her first and I don't get why people don't like her. But her arc actually taught me a lot about my real life relationship that I'm gonna start implementing this semester. Wish me luck, guys.
Good luck implementing tactics used by a fictional character on another fictional character not to make things work, but otherwise to help in making a good story.

Seriously though, that quark analogy was really clever. A little too blatantly helpful while you're playing, but clever nevertheless. It probably works on real people, too.
While we are here discussing, Hanako is somewhere hopping from dark to darker tiles. Alone.
FanAuthor

Post by FanAuthor »

arisadelle wrote:

I ended up with Emi naturally, especially since I was challenged on the track. And after getting through Act 1 and finishing the Emi Path, it was a fantastic story. Like arisadelle, I felt that certain aspects of Emi's path were almost a parallel to my current relationship. Even the quark analogy and seeing things from another angle, it felt as if the game was speaking to me on some level. My explanation might sound a bit over the top, but the story did hit me in the right place.

Fantastic storytelling,I'll be playing again soon.