Your natural choice

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Roy-Kr

Re: Your natural choice

Post by Roy-Kr »

Playing as myself, i did this:

"What's there to do around here?... Imma read some books, bitcheeeees!"
"Kenji asked me if the girl i met in the library was cute. I'm not gonna lie, she was attractive."

And so, my path towards the Hanako end was set in stone. I then proceeded to get 100% completion and enjoyed the Rin path the most.
Rin's path was entertaining, while at the same time tranquil and comfortable. It felt right.
Sturlson

Post by Sturlson »

The first time I chose as I probably would in the situation, I got Emi, though I was rather happy with the result. At first, I played aiming for Hanako's route, because I tend to like the shy girl archetype, but after playing through the six routes I've found Emi to be both my favorite route and character. Not like any of them or bad, just not as great in my opinion.
"You wouldn't shoot a policeman, and then steal his helmet. You wouldn't go to the toilet in his helmet...and then send it to the policeman's grieving widow...and then steal it again!"
Khantalas

Post by Khantalas »

Sturlson wrote:The first time I chose as I probably would in the situation, I got Emi, though I was rather happy with the result. At first, I played aiming for Hanako's route, because I tend to like the shy girl archetype, but after playing through the six routes I've found Emi to be both my favorite route and character. Not like any of them or bad, just not as great in my opinion.
Ah, so you are the one! I was wondering who was Emi's only fan. :P
地獄から冬の気持ちや我のまで。
Sturlson

Post by Sturlson »

Khantalas wrote:Ah, so you are the one! I was wondering who was Emi's only fan. :P
Haha, yeah.
;_;
"You wouldn't shoot a policeman, and then steal his helmet. You wouldn't go to the toilet in his helmet...and then send it to the policeman's grieving widow...and then steal it again!"
Worthington

Post by Worthington »

Sturlson wrote:
Khantalas wrote:Ah, so you are the one! I was wondering who was Emi's only fan. :P
Haha, yeah.
;_;
I recall there being someone else that's also an Emi fan, don't give up.
Also, IT Crowd reference in siggy is friggin' awesome.
Got my feet in the air and my head on the ground.

Kenji=Rin>Akira>Hideaki>Hachisame>Lilly>Takashi>Miki>Emi>Nurse>Misha>Mutou>Shizune>Yuuko>Nomiya>Hanako

Worthington's Wondrous Writeshop
Magnesium Ninja Studios
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Hey!
Don't forget about me!
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Xeoniriel

Post by Xeoniriel »

Two only Emi fans*

I went back and redid most of the routes and Lily, Rin, Hanako were still my favourites in that order. But Emi grew on me a bit so she can be tied with Shizune.
My physics teacher once said "I cry, I cry and die. Luckily I have rejuvenation powers."
scott1and

Post by scott1and »

I thought Emi was alight, I don't really get the whole hate thing that comes with her. Saying that, she isn't my favourite, but after Hanako and Rin they sort of get grouped together.
Khantalas

Post by Khantalas »

scott1and wrote:I thought Emi was alight, I don't really get the whole hate thing that comes with her. Saying that, she isn't my favourite, but after Hanako and Rin they sort of get grouped together.
I don't think anyone hates Emi. If anything, I was only disappointed by her ending (because before that, she was my second favorite character and the first girl I got). I still like Emi herself, but her path leaves much to be desired in the demo. I would very much like to like all girls equally, but in practice, Emi and Lilly sort of sit at the bottom, waiting for the full game to reveal their true awesomeness.

((Though in all fairness, I think it is a problem with the first act's layout, with its heavy focus on Shizune and Lilly, rather than Emi's path writer. I do believe she will get her chance to shine in the following acts.))
地獄から冬の気持ちや我のまで。
Palas

Post by Palas »

I like Emi the best, but I don't think it makes an Emi fan.
While we are here discussing, Hanako is somewhere hopping from dark to darker tiles. Alone.
Starman7

Post by Starman7 »

Khantalas wrote:
scott1and wrote:I thought Emi was alight, I don't really get the whole hate thing that comes with her. Saying that, she isn't my favourite, but after Hanako and Rin they sort of get grouped together.
I don't think anyone hates Emi. If anything, I was only disappointed by her ending (because before that, she was my second favorite character and the first girl I got). I still like Emi herself, but her path leaves much to be desired in the demo. I would very much like to like all girls equally, but in practice, Emi and Lilly sort of sit at the bottom, waiting for the full game to reveal their true awesomeness.

((Though in all fairness, I think it is a problem with the first act's layout, with its heavy focus on Shizune and Lilly, rather than Emi's path writer. I do believe she will get her chance to shine in the following acts.))
Ditto about Emi. I like Emi a fair bit, I just think her Act 1 ending was handled in a very poor, ham-fisted way, and there was not all that much content to Emi's path. I would have liked to say to Emi, "Hey, let me indulge myself a bit, and savor the last unhealthy food I'll be eating for a long time", but there was no such choice.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

If you're interested in what the TheHivemind thinks about this subject, this exchange between Pimmy and TheHivemind may enlighten you.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Watermelons

Post by Watermelons »

I was aiming for Rin, but i got Emi. On my first play through I was choosing the choices that i would have chosen if i was in the same situation. Me trying to out run Emi really sealed the deal.
Rin > Lily > Shizune = Emi > Hanako

MERRY CHRISTMAS FAGS
DRKO

Post by DRKO »

I generally do my best to be honest when doing these sorts of things, to choose what choice most resembles what I would do if it were in real life. It is usually slightly painful to go against my conscience, even though I realize that it's just a game, and nothing will happen if I pick something that I think is "wrong."

Therefore, scenes such as Lilly and Shizune fighting sealed Hisao's fate; siding with Shizune always made me feel bad when I did...
Shades of Grey

Post by Shades of Grey »

My first playthrough, I was looking to get someone and ended up dead, with my brains across the lawn. It was mostly due to Hisao's habit of going nuts over seemingly harmless choices. I ended up with Shizune afterwards, for which I am glad.
Light and Dark
Good and Evil
Right and Wrong
taken from afar they blend together
and the world appears
all in shades of grey