Your natural choice

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

luinthoron

Re: Your natural choice

Post by luinthoron »

Erybis wrote:As a noob, I propose a post. Without thinking, with the choices you made, who's path did you end up with? Mine was Lilly's.

EDIT: This is more about how the decisions that you made reflect your personalality, and what TYPE of girl you would end up with in reality. As Katawa Shoujo's character are extremely varied, it provides a good little test.
I was aiming for Hanako from the beginning and that is what I got. Would be interesting to see where I would end up really basing my choices on what I'd actually do in these situations, though. Well, likely would end up in the same place again, but we'll see. Time to try this. :D

edit: Manly picnic, here we come. That's what I get for being too introverted.
Otakumon

Post by Otakumon »

Erybis wrote:I don't get it, why do people seem to dislike Emi so much? Maybe it's just me, but she doesn't seem like a terrible character. Anyone care to explain?
I don't dislike Emi, or any of the other girls. What I didn't like about her path is the way she seems to be the only girl you have a chance at if you care enough about your own condition to follow the medical advise you're given. It almost seems like being rewarded for being irresponsible about your health by having more choices for not taking care of yourself.
NubChaos

Post by NubChaos »

I ended up on Rin's path the very first time, who, coincidentally, is my favorite of the girls. I just chose generally amicable responses to the choices that I would have gone with IRL. I would have ended up on the Emi path if I didn't opt to take it easy while training with her, since, understandably, "going for it" with arrhythmia was bound to cause a problem and worry the hell out of Emi.

And for anyone who might be wondering, my favorite girls, in order, are...

1) Rin
2) Lilly
3) Hanako
4) Emi
5) Shizune

Love 'em all though. :P
Been a KS fan since late 2010, and am grateful for all the devs do! You guys rock!

My faves:
1) Rin
2) Lilly
3) Hanako
4) Emi
5) Shizune
Frequent Guester

Post by Frequent Guester »

I got Emi cause she was unbearably cute and i wanted to see if i could beat her in the race. im kinda competitive but shizune annoyed me with her pushyness.
Priest

Post by Priest »

i got hanako... have a bit of a white knight syndrom.... but still she the type of girl i prefer
In case of war hide in the trash can. it allways makes it unscratched somehow
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

NubChaos wrote:And for anyone who might be wondering, my favorite girls, in order, are...

1) Rin
2) Lilly
3) Hanako
4) Emi
5) Shizune

Love 'em all though. :P
At last! Someone with the exact opposite as me. 8)
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
NubChaos

Post by NubChaos »

griffon8 wrote: At last! Someone with the exact opposite as me. 8)

Wat. *looks at your sig*

Oh jeez that's pretty funny XD

I tend to like wacky and random characters like Rin and Kenji. Polite, refined, and gentle/caring female characters have always been a favorite of mine too for some reason, Lilly being so high on my list as well...

Honestly, if Rin and Lilly didn't fit my tastes so perfectly, Hanako would be #1.

Emi's pretty cutesy and adorable at times, but her ending is extremely weak compared to the others, and she's a bit too bossy at times for my liking. She might jump up once I get my hands on the full version, but for now she'll sit where she's at.

Shizune's my least favorite, because I know that if I were in Hisao's situation, I'd get pretty annoyed at all of her mindgames. She's always tricking you, if not forcing you to do her bidding, and she actually hits some of my IRL pet peeves. In fact, the scene near the end of Act 1 (if you follow the Shizune path), where Shizune and Misha invade your room, has a choice to either dodge their questions, or kick them out. The way Hisao acts and kind of lashes out if you choose the kick them out option is almost exactly how I'd eventually act towards those two if they continued their mind games and what-not.

That's not to say I dislike Shizune and Misha. I just like the other girls a LOT better. In fact, physically speaking, Shizune fits my tastes best (I like glasses and short hair in girls, and when it comes to unrealistic hair colors, blue is usually a favorite of mine. She's also got a nice body, and nice expressions and poses). Rin, Lilly, and Hanako all tie for the most part for second place in terms of their physical attractiveness to me (though Rin and Hanako might just barely edge out over Lilly), and Emi trails in at third (too child-like mainly)
Been a KS fan since late 2010, and am grateful for all the devs do! You guys rock!

My faves:
1) Rin
2) Lilly
3) Hanako
4) Emi
5) Shizune
Not Fuming in Texas

Post by Not Fuming in Texas »

I figured to just choose naturally at first, but there was a single exchange during the first meeting with Rin that changed my mind.

Rin: "You can call me Rin. I think our relationship is at this point good enough to warrant this much."
Hisao: "Fine, then I'm Hisao."
Rin: "Then you are."
<internal monologue>
Rin: *smirks* "See you later, Hisao."

I simply smiled, and decided that I would open Pandorin's Box.
Dax

Post by Dax »

Got to admit, I'm sailing on the Emi boat as well for this one as well. I was originally going for Hanako, as she just appeals to my tastes (wow that sounded creepy. :oops: ) but that fateful friendly race is what brought me into the Emi path. I wasn't dissapointed though, because the game was an enriching experience.

Wonderful memories indeed. :mrgreen:
Acidhedz

Post by Acidhedz »

Playing the demo was my first time playing anything like this so I just made choices that seemed to fit my own personality best. I ended up with Rin, which is precisely the type of girl I would like to meet in reality. I don't like loud, obnoxious people and tend to be a bit of a dreamer. Hell, my way of making music and writing is to just start and see what I end up with. Even when I do start with an idea I don't plan I just go to it, so even my style of doing art is like her's.

My second was Emi because I fell for the trap. Third was Hanako who is the other one I feel a connection to, I used the cheat sheet to get shizune, then I got lilly, and accidentally got the death ending trying to get Rin's again because between my first and second playthroughs I had deleted the demo, then reinstalled it.
Acidhedz

Post by Acidhedz »

NubChaos wrote: That's not to say I dislike Shizune and Misha. I just like the other girls a LOT better. In fact, physically speaking, Shizune fits my tastes best (I like glasses and short hair in girls, and when it comes to unrealistic hair colors, blue is usually a favorite of mine.
Just out of curiosity was it Ami (Mercury) from Sailor Moon that set that in motion for you? I know watching that show on Toonami in the afternoons back in the day affected my taste in girls.
HOLLOWTGH

Post by HOLLOWTGH »

I got Emi on my 1st go with choices I actually make, Prefer Hanako soooooooo much more tho ;D
Don't define somone by what they have but by who they are, weather we have a disability or a learning difficulty or not we all have the right to live happy :)
Starman7

Post by Starman7 »

I fell into the Emi trap first time around.

Otherwise, I think I'd gravitate towards Lilly; Shizune can act like a bitch, Rin is cool but requires you to be very passive in the choices you make, and Hanako... she's cute, yes, but there's really not much more to her, at least in act 1.
Heartlesswithaheart

Post by Heartlesswithaheart »

I started out trying for Hanako.

...I got Emi. The person whose personality is too energetic for me.
Rin/Shizune > Lilly > Hanako > Emi.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

NubChaos wrote:In fact, physically speaking, Shizune fits my tastes best (I like glasses and short hair in girls, and when it comes to unrealistic hair colors, blue is usually a favorite of mine. She's also got a nice body, and nice expressions and poses).
I absolutely love the poses where she's looking over her glasses at you, even though it's usually because she's angry.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing