Your natural choice

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Otakumon

Re: Your natural choice

Post by Otakumon »

The first time through I wanted to be concerned about my health and take care of my heart, which handcuffed me to Emi. The second time i tried it as wanting to fit in amd make friends since it was Hisao's first week at a new school, so I tried to get along with everybody as best as the choices would let me, which naturally led to my death. I can only conclude that the devs hate friendly, healthy people. :shock: :wink:
RoseJester

Post by RoseJester »

Well it went like this.

Started the game wondered if any of the girls enjoyed reading saw Hanako with book realized Hanako and I were a lot alike got Hanako ending.
Erybis

Post by Erybis »

I don't get it, why do people seem to dislike Emi so much? Maybe it's just me, but she doesn't seem like a terrible character. Anyone care to explain?
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

The leading theory is that it's her ending. She comes across as really bossy in that.
I think she has every right to with Hisao acting like a total jerk in it, but there you go.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Mirage_GSM wrote:The leading theory is that it's her ending. She comes across as really bossy in that.
I think she has every right to with Hisao acting like a total jerk in it, but there you go.
My interactions here and on the Shimmie also tell me that some people don't like Emi because she isn't disabled enough. I still have no idea how that works.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Limbless

Post by Limbless »

I don't *hate* Emi, I just find it funnier when she's mutilating herself while asking "am I popular yet?"

... but not in a way as sick as that sounds
purple haired Katawa Shoujo character

Post by purple haired Katawa Shoujo character »

My first ending was Emi.

And I dis-like her, only because her personality was incredibly cliched and annoying. Plus, her ending sucked. So unless she develops or the relationship portrayed gets better direction, she will be my least favorite character.
scott1and

Post by scott1and »

I got Hanako in my first play through, mainly cause I'm a nice guy....or maybe I got death....one or the other. About Emi though, I don't see the big hate factor either, she was hired to watch his health...she does so quite well....and she does seem kinda bossy but not in an annoying way I guess. I don't really hate any of the girls though, they go in an order from best to not so best, but I wouldn't say I hate any of them.
blah

Post by blah »

Died, then got Emi. Naturally, I had to take a step back from the game after those two major disapointments.

Finally got Shizune on the third go. Then it was Hanako, then Lilly, then Rin.
Yubiseiharukana

Post by Yubiseiharukana »

I know this isn't new to the forums, but there really is no love for Emi :lol: . Does she really deserve it? Anywho, I got the Hanako ending first.
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."
- Emo Philips
Erybis

Post by Erybis »

Emi seems like a nice character to me. A bit cliched, but also just a pure ray of sunshine. Usually when you're negative all the time, optimism appeals to you. I am generally unhappy, and while going through the demo, I find myself sort of smiling whenever Emi is on the screen.
Malagant

Post by Malagant »

The first time through, I played like an introvert who's not that interested in other people and who doesn't like to stick his nose in someone else's business. Which is pretty much what I'd do (and have done) in school IRL.

I got the manly picnic, and I was actually a bit surprised at that. I had played through Crescendo and Yume Miru Kusuri shortly before that, and I half-expected that Katawa Shoujo would likewise have at least one normal/boring end, instead of just good and bad endings.

I don't really remember who I got on my second try - either Lilly or Hanako, though I'm really not sure.

IRL, Lilly is propably the one I would have gone for. I can actually see myself accidentally run into her in much the same way as Hisao did. And Lilly herself is already used to dealing with introverted people, so this might actually work. I'd propably also get along with Hanako (even if it's just because I'm quiet and wouldn't think of bothering her), but I doubt much would come from it.

Shizune and Misha might succeed at getting me into the student council with their constant pestering, but I reckon that I'd be so incompatible with them that I'd propably get kicked out before I even get the chance to leave on my own accord.

I might come across Rin, but I doubt I'd get anything more than some superficial contact with her. Even if I'd end up in the art club (which might happen), I really don't see myself get very close to her.

As for Emi; she's about the last person I'd get involved with. I'm not one for sports to begin with, and I'm definitely not one for overdoing it on the running track (growing up with asthma already made me cautious enough when comes to running and all - I'd get downright paranoid if overexertion could also give me a fatal heart attack). And besides; I would have chosen the swimming pool over the running track anyway.

Not-so coincidentally, Emi is also the last girl whose route I reached.
Palas

Post by Palas »

Limbless wrote:I don't *hate* Emi, I just find it funnier when she's mutilating herself while asking "am I popular yet?"

... but not in a way as sick as that sounds

Code: Select all

[quote="Limbless"]
...I don't know, just saw something ironic here.

EDIT: I like Emi very much, you see.
While we are here discussing, Hanako is somewhere hopping from dark to darker tiles. Alone.
Xeoniriel

Post by Xeoniriel »

Many people seem to look past Hisao being completely derp on the Emi route and treating himself along with judging others like pieces of crap. I personally think that the Emi route Hisao needs her to kick him in his emo ass :D
My physics teacher once said "I cry, I cry and die. Luckily I have rejuvenation powers."
Petermeter

Post by Petermeter »

Erybis wrote:I don't get it, why do people seem to dislike Emi so much?
As a starter, my "natural" ending (just had a testrun to see about that) would be Emi as well.
My point for not liking her is, for one part, her being overly genki, her taste in sports(I like women who do sports, but *running*? Seriously? Is there anything more boring than that?), and of course her dietary plan. She can eat all the stuff she wants, but as soon as people try to mess with my alimentation or life in general without being asked to, they lose a lot of sympathy.
As mirage mentioned, the ending doesn't really help her regaining any points on my list, thus she makes up the bottom end of my overall ranking. And that includes the Kenji ending.
Ranking after act 1:
Hanako > Rin >> Lilly > Shizune > Emi
I played the routes in that order, every ending and all.
Ranking after full playthrough:
Lilly > Emi >> Rin ~ Hanako > Shizune