Favorite Drink

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Re: Favorite Drink

Post by Silentcook »

purple haired Katawa Shoujo character wrote:So the next time somebody doesn't answer a question that you don't see as a proper answer, kindly fuck off.
"Kindly" ease up.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

atat

Post by atat »

Acidhedz wrote:Having had Absinthe and Chartreuse myself as an artist and dreamer I can confirm they are very interesting drinks to get riddled on, I say Rin would likely go for those.

Shizune strikes me as the conservative drinker till someone dares to drink more type. Beer at first, then shots of whatever.

Misha would probably drink anything someone gave her. A roofie case in the waiting. Probably at a Karaoke bar.

Lilly probably wouldn't drink much, but would probably stick with top line wines and Saki.

Hanako would probably start out nursing a beer, then end up getting plastered and crying in a corner.

Emi would either not drink at all, or just drink lite beer to be social. Maybe a glass of wine a day since it is good for you.

The librarian is probably the type to get drunk and end up doing a strip tease, then forgetting it all happened conveniently.

Teacher dude strikes me as a whatever works kind of dude.

I doubt the doc would drink at all considering his position as both a physician and role model. Maybe a touch of scotch in the evening to cap off the day.
Funny stuff.
one thing, that everyone seems to be making: Atheletes and doctors don't drink. I don't know about you, but the doctors I hang out with get plastered (when not on call). Same with athlete's, I can't think of any that don't. Perhaps nurse-sama would be a light drinker for sure though. I could definitely see him going home and ending with scotch, but I would think he would be more of the glass of wine type.
Nixons back!!!!
Acidhedz

Post by Acidhedz »

I'm not basing my answers off their chosen profession or hobby, I'm going off personality traits. I have a bit of natural talent for psychology, so more or less I am psychoanalyzing them. Trying to figure out what a person likes to drink is directly tied to how they drink, and that depends on their personality.

In Emi's case, It's not just that she is an athlete, she is also a health nut. So she just strikes me as being a clean cut type. Having a glass of wine a few days a week does have health benefits, so she might go for that. If she did come down off the high horse to drink she would probably go for something like hard lemonade for the vit C, or just wine.

As for Nurse/Doc, he seems to take his job pretty serious, so he might feel that drinking (even in private) would be being a bad role model. I just can't see him as a heavy drinker. He is the one they give the keys to, but might have a nightcap now and then. I went with Scotch because it's the classic, but; going back to the health benefits of a glass of wine a day, wine is also a good choice.

Rin might be attracted to Chartreuse and Absinthe just because of their reputations, but they really do give you a different kind of drunk. I am an artist and a neo-pagan, and they are good for both because they... give you a different perception from other types of drunk. You just feel and see things different, more open. No hallucinations, just a different feeling.

Shizune is pretty straight forward. She is controlling, so wouldn't be likely to drink much at first. But any type of drinking competition would sucker her in.

Misha has social party animal written all over her, so she just strikes me as the anything goes and twice on Saturday type. She's a female Bluto with pink hair. Now try watching Animal House ever again without that image in your head. :D

I think Lilly is just too careful to get drunk or even tipsy. You try having a few drinks, then walk around with your eyes closed... I think she would sip wine, if anything at all.

Hanako is a bit harder since pegging what a person like her is like drunk can be hard. For example I am generally a very shy, reserved and laid back person as well, but when I drink I tend to get goofy and very talkative, or very thoughtful and focused. Depending on if I am on a manic or depressive period. Usually I flip and get silly. Hanako strikes me as the type whose personality is amplified by drinking rather than flipped.
So beer till she loosened up a bit, then trying to get into the party, but not be able to break through, grab a bottle of gin and find a corner to cry in. Either that or being the stereotypical wallflower sitting somewhere quiet drinking beer till it was time to leave. This is assuming anyone could get her to go to a party to begin with.
I was trying to keep things lighthearted, but honestly when it comes to drinking I think she would be an alcoholic. Vodka is the alcoholics choice because it's clear and orderless. So I see a drinking Hanako as spiking everything and anything with vodka.

The librarian is a very worried person. I think she would be the type to get plastered on tequila in 10 minutes from being afraid of being boring, then end up going nuts.

Teacher dude is probably the type to read a book all night while drinking Jameson's or Crown.

To toss in a few others. The art teacher is probably a wine and cheese, or Champagne at galleries type.

Lilly's sister wears that suit, so I have to say Martini's.

Kenji probably doesn't care as long as it'll get him plastered.

I left our protagonist out till now since he has a purposely stunted personality so he can become compatible with whichever girl the player pursues. He handles the whiskey in the bad ending, and likes Coffee. He seems to dig stronger flavors, so my buddy Guinness, or maybe Smithwick.

If you think I thought about it way too much, I can't help it. If you ask a question like that, and I decide to answer, I will apply myself to giving as thorough an answer as I can.
Xeoniriel

Post by Xeoniriel »

^TL;DR lol j/k.

I found what you said all made fairly good sense backed up by the general feel of the characters. Now I can't stop seeing a wasted Hanako crying with her precious bottle of Vodka in a corner :(
My physics teacher once said "I cry, I cry and die. Luckily I have rejuvenation powers."
blackrising

Post by blackrising »

Shizune: Vodka. Pure. She looks like a lighweight, but she can probably drink all of us under the table.
Misha: As someone already said: Misha chugs beer like a bro. Unless Shizune drags her into a vodka drinking contest. She's either someone who gets incredibly thoughtful and maybe even downright depressed when drunk or she doesn't change at all and nobody even notices that she's been drinking.
Lilly: Wine seems to be the standard answer here, but I think she could also go for some very expensive scotch or brandy when the mood strikes her. Or a little somethin-somethin in her tea every now and then.
Hanako: Obviously, she's not the type to drink at all, but if she did, she'd probably be the type to drink a very mild cocktail, like a Bacardi Razz (y'know, bacardi, sprite, raspberry syrup, raspberries and some ice).
Emi: Again, not someone I can imagine drinking at all. Probably something very girly. I can also see her drinking a Bloody Mary, though.
Rin: She'd try everything once and then settle for something simple. Nothing fancy. Maybe foreign beer or rum.
Kenji: Whiskey, obviously.
Hisao: Who knows? Since he's basically the player and therefore me, he can't stand the taste of alcohol in any form. ;)
Misha worshipper to the core. WAHAHAHA~

Misha>Rin=Hanako=Lilly>>Shizune>Emi

Since I was no bigger than a weavil they've been saying I was evil
That if "bad" was a boot that I'd fit it
That I'm a wicked young lady, but I've been trying hard lately
O fuck it! I'm a monster! I admit it!
scott1and

Post by scott1and »

blackrising wrote: Rin: She'd try everything once and then settle for something simple. Nothing fancy. Maybe foreign beer or rum.
Sorta like a armless Jack Sparrow then.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

blackrising wrote:Misha: As someone already said: Misha chugs beer like a bro. Unless Shizune drags her into a vodka drinking contest. She's either someone who gets incredibly thoughtful and maybe even downright depressed when drunk or she doesn't change at all and nobody even notices that she's been drinking.
Maybe it's the opposite. Maybe Misha is drunk all the time.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Worthington

Post by Worthington »

G3n0c1de wrote:
blackrising wrote:Misha: As someone already said: Misha chugs beer like a bro. Unless Shizune drags her into a vodka drinking contest. She's either someone who gets incredibly thoughtful and maybe even downright depressed when drunk or she doesn't change at all and nobody even notices that she's been drinking.
Is alcoholism a disability?
Got my feet in the air and my head on the ground.

Kenji=Rin>Akira>Hideaki>Hachisame>Lilly>Takashi>Miki>Emi>Nurse>Misha>Mutou>Shizune>Yuuko>Nomiya>Hanako

Worthington's Wondrous Writeshop
Magnesium Ninja Studios
CrimsonKnight0

Post by CrimsonKnight0 »

Hanako: Either doesn´t drink or drinks "light" cocktails. Possibly one piña colada and be done with it.
Lilly: For the millionth time, wine, definetly. And may be fond of champagne.
Rin: Absinthe, absinthe, absinthe. And for some reason, I think Jaggermeister.
Shizune: Probably strong drinks. Vodka comes to mind. Maybe tequila.
Emi: Won´t go near empty calories like alcohol.
Misha: Drinks ALL the alcohol!
Kenjii: Whiskey, like a man.
Akira: Beer and wine.
Mutou: Scotch. We probably won´t see him drinking. Unless he´s had too much of Misha.
Yuuko: Doesn´t rembember.
When Yamaku is... ashes, you have my permission to die.
Priest

Post by Priest »

Kenji = Agreeing on whisky
Hisao = can he even drink with his hard condition and all ?
Lilly = cant say i agree on that one well bred ladies dont tend to drink wine or champange in the company of others they dont know something about exposeing the neck and showing wrinkels. to me shes more of a martini person
Rin = i agree on the tequila part but lets make it a sunrise while we are at it very vivid colours
Shizune = beer as dark as her personallity ( just kidding we know she can be nice when she whants too
hanako = coca cola ? doesnt really strike me as a person to drink
emi = tap water
misha = Beer
In case of war hide in the trash can. it allways makes it unscratched somehow
Priest

Post by Priest »

G3n0c1de wrote:
This post saved my day
CrimsonKnight0

Post by CrimsonKnight0 »

Fun fact: Lilly spikes her tea.
When Yamaku is... ashes, you have my permission to die.
Palas

Post by Palas »

Oh, come on. They all would drink a bottle of Smirnoff Ice and pretend to be drunk. Especially Emi because she's the lulz girl.

Although I do picture Misha at Oktoberfest. I DEMAND FANART NOW
While we are here discussing, Hanako is somewhere hopping from dark to darker tiles. Alone.
Priest

Post by Priest »

Palas wrote:Oh, come on. They all would drink a bottle of Smirnoff Ice and pretend to be drunk. Especially Emi because she's the lulz girl.

Although I do picture Misha at Oktoberfest. I DEMAND FANART NOW
if i remember oktoberfest is in germany right ?
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

Oktoberfest started in Germany; it's all over the US, and Yokohama has an Oktoberfest:
http://www.japantoday.com/category/life ... ktoberfest
Misha would make a good beer maid...