Rin & Lilly

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Brogurt

Re: Rin & Lilly

Post by Brogurt »

atat wrote:to me [Hanako] has reached a 0 place.
>neutral 0
>detest, despise, etc.
Okay wha-
atat wrote:Sometimes, liking and disliking is not 100% rational or understandable.
Yeah you got that right
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Arbitrator wrote:
I've seen that video before and love & agree with it. The only reason I made any comment about it is because he said, "In a word:", and then he used something that isn't a word.

I'm not pedantic; I'm laughing at the misuse of language. :P
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Yep, i'm not reading the rest of the posts to catch-up so i'll just answer the original question.
Rin and Hanako, as you can see below, get a tie while Emi then even Misha overtakes Lilly.
Despite my interest in the Lilly+Shizune rivalry it hits me as a slight repetative design but I still respect it.

The reasoning I think behind the Rin&Lilly top pick coupling comes from the concept of the mind. Where Rin is thought to be a provocative mind, Lilly is placed as the proper, upperclass thinker. Its like picking the Tsundere-moe versus the Meganekko-moe character. As can be compared to if there was a Misha route there would probably be people who would couple Emi & Misha in the hyperactive girl group.

My reason behind the Hanako/Rin placement is strongly based on them being in the most excluded state where people don't normally take the time out to fully understand them. Also, they feel like the most genuine when it comes to their personality and the way in which they express themselves.
(My personal thoughts I guess)
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Drkstrm

Post by Drkstrm »

griffon8 wrote:
Arbitrator wrote:
I've seen that video before and love & agree with it. The only reason I made any comment about it is because he said, "In a word:", and then he used something that isn't a word.

I'm not pedantic; I'm laughing at the misuse of language. :P
Here's a better video:

Also, bollocks to the spelling of that word. As far as I knew beforehand, it was just a verbal exclamation, shared between the amazed and pot heads, and had no "correct" spelling.

But, if you want a correction, try this:

What I think of Rin, in about ten seconds:

I like that new one.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Excellent!

<optional air guitar riff here>
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Kami_Cat

Post by Kami_Cat »

Hm, I found Lilly to be my favourite character, with Rin as my second favourite. So maybe there is some truth to that. In some ways I relate to both of them in terms of their mannerisms and fears.
sporkaganza

Post by sporkaganza »

I don't really think there's a need to resurrect this old thread.

I will point out, however, that in my opinion, these two characters have the most well-written routes. That's not necessarily the same as being the best girl, though. I thought Rin's route was the best, but my favorite girl is definitely Lilly.