What Emi does for Rin

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
NoOne3
Posts: 303
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:26 pm

Re: What Emi does for Rin

Post by NoOne3 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:13 pm

You should definitely watch Sarah Covac's Youtube channel.
For instance her barefoot crocheting

onethousandyen
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:13 pm
Location: Germany

Re: What Emi does for Rin

Post by onethousandyen » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:42 pm

I now know I'm definetely too unexperienced regarding this topic. Also it's amazing how good you can do all the things you'd do with your hands with your feet if you practice enough. Thanks for the link, NO3

Well, at least I'm going to try out reading books in Braille as soon as I gather up enough money for the one I want. But that's nothing to talk about in this thread, i know.
Image <- coincidence? °L_°

User avatar
NoOne3
Posts: 303
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:26 pm

Re: What Emi does for Rin

Post by NoOne3 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:47 pm

onethousandyen wrote:But that's nothing to talk about in this thread, i know.
Yeah, that could inevitably sidetrack the discussion into reading books in braille with your feet. :D Phew, glad we avoided it.:P
Last edited by NoOne3 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

onethousandyen
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:13 pm
Location: Germany

Re: What Emi does for Rin

Post by onethousandyen » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:16 am

NoOne3 wrote:[…] reading books in braille with your feet. :D […]
That is a quite interesting idea…

Wikipedia says (and I trust Wikipedia) that the palm has about 140 receptors for pressure per cm^2, the fingertips definetly have more. I don't know about toes but it should be less than half of the amount for them.
Those receptors also have a nice feature: Since you usually walk with your feet and have socks and shoes around them they tend to ignore many of the incoming signals. That's somewhat good because you would get crazy by not ignoring signals triggered by clothing and such. But because of this it should be really difficult to read braille fluently using your feet. I don't say it's impossible. A sightless Rin would just need bigger braille-dots and therefore bigger books. Even bigger than normal books in braille which are indeed somewhat… space robbing.
If you imagine her also getting deaf-mute… she would be "as useless as" a frozen potatoe in an icecle. If you wait long enough it sure has a story to tell, but you wouldn't understand it well without proper education in that field. Probably only Emi would get it.

Interesting fact: your tongue has even more of those receptors mentioned above than your fingers.
-> "I'm gonna lick your books, Lilly! m( "
Image <- coincidence? °L_°

te-kun
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:04 pm

Re: What Emi does for Rin

Post by te-kun » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:23 pm

Panty Supervisor wrote:Rin doesn't seems to me like the kind of person who would study hard for exams. I guess she just memorizes what she finds to be interesting and doesn't bother with learning the other stuff (unless Emi forces her to do so).
I think that Rin is one of those people that could get top grades if they wanted but get average grades because they never bother to study.
onethousandyen wrote:
NoOne3 wrote:[…] reading books in braille with your feet. :D […]
That is a quite interesting idea…

Wikipedia says (and I trust Wikipedia) that the palm has about 140 receptors for pressure per cm^2, the fingertips definetly have more. I don't know about toes but it should be less than half of the amount for them.
Those receptors also have a nice feature: Since you usually walk with your feet and have socks and shoes around them they tend to ignore many of the incoming signals. That's somewhat good because you would get crazy by not ignoring signals triggered by clothing and such. But because of this it should be really difficult to read braille fluently using your feet. I don't say it's impossible. A sightless Rin would just need bigger braille-dots and therefore bigger books. Even bigger than normal books in braille which are indeed somewhat… space robbing.
Since she has no hands and do most of the tasks with her feet the part of the brain that would be used to decode signals from her hands would be used to other body parts giving her a higher sensivity with her feet than the feet of common people. This is called neuroplasticity.

User avatar
Sleet
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:15 pm

Re: What Emi does for Rin

Post by Sleet » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:18 pm

NoOne3 wrote:You should definitely watch Sarah Covac's Youtube channel.
For instance her barefoot crocheting
Har. I was about to post this in response to the note-taking discussion.

I'd guess that Rin's learned to do nearly everything herself. Doors and shirts may be difficult, but you don't go through life armless without picking up a few tricks. It's just easier with Emi's help, thus the shoes/suit pairing of the Rin and Stumpy duo.

te-kun
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:04 pm

Re: What Emi does for Rin

Post by te-kun » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:55 pm

Sleet wrote:I'd guess that Rin's learned to do nearly everything herself. Doors and shirts may be difficult, but you don't go through life armless without picking up a few tricks. It's just easier with Emi's help, thus the shoes/suit pairing of the Rin and Stumpy duo.
As long as it isn't one of those round door knobs I open doors with my foot when my hands are busy so I guess someone that can use her feet to eat would be able to open most doors just fine... but on the other hand many doors in japan are sliding doors and those I think would be a little harder to open using only your feet.

People adapt to the circunstances. Even people with no arms nor legs can manage to do a lot of stuff by themselves.

User avatar
Worthington
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:20 pm
Location: The Grid
Contact:

Re: What Emi does for Rin

Post by Worthington » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:22 pm

te-kun wrote: but on the other hand many doors in japan are sliding doors and those I think would be a little harder to open using only your feet.
KICK THOSE FLIMSY ASS PAPER DOORS THE FUCK DOWN!
Fuck yeah, hardcore entrance.
Got my feet in the air and my head on the ground.

Kenji=Rin>Akira>Hideaki>Hachisame>Lilly>Takashi>Miki>Emi>Nurse>Misha>Mutou>Shizune>Yuuko>Nomiya>Hanako

Worthington's Wondrous Writeshop
Magnesium Ninja Studios

User avatar
OneMore
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:58 am

Re: What Emi does for Rin

Post by OneMore » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:52 am

Worthington wrote:KICK THOSE FLIMSY ASS PAPER DOORS THE FUCK DOWN!
Fuck yeah, hardcore entrance.
DYNAMIIIC ENTRYYY!!! 8)

te-kun
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:04 pm

Re: What Emi does for Rin

Post by te-kun » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:49 am

Worthington wrote:KICK THOSE FLIMSY ASS PAPER DOORS THE FUCK DOWN!
Fuck yeah, hardcore entrance.
Dynamic entry is a exclusivity to Emi.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FKOVue2oa4

By the way, there are hard sliding doors with locks too...

User avatar
Worthington
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:20 pm
Location: The Grid
Contact:

Re: What Emi does for Rin

Post by Worthington » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:05 pm

te-kun wrote: Dynamic entry is a exclusivity to Emi.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FKOVue2oa4

By the way, there are hard sliding doors with locks too...
It's funny; that link is in another post on the forums, as an example on the fighting game for one of Rin's moves.
Also, hard sliding doors with locks are no match for one of the Crippled Masters.
Got my feet in the air and my head on the ground.

Kenji=Rin>Akira>Hideaki>Hachisame>Lilly>Takashi>Miki>Emi>Nurse>Misha>Mutou>Shizune>Yuuko>Nomiya>Hanako

Worthington's Wondrous Writeshop
Magnesium Ninja Studios

wealth

Re: What Emi does for Rin

Post by wealth » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:41 pm

Only me that is wondering i Rin uses tampongs or pads :P i mean if she use tamongs and Emi helps her with that...

Other then that i guess taking stuff from a to b is the most that she helps with.

User avatar
scott1and
Posts: 381
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:32 pm
Location: I just don't know anymore...

Re: What Emi does for Rin

Post by scott1and » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:49 pm

wealth wrote:Only me that is wondering i Rin uses tampongs or pads :P i mean if she use tamongs and Emi helps her with that...

Other then that i guess taking stuff from a to b is the most that she helps with.
Gotta love those tampongs
Image

te-kun
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:04 pm

Re: What Emi does for Rin

Post by te-kun » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:17 pm

wealth wrote:Only me that is wondering i Rin uses tampongs or pads :P i mean if she use tamongs and Emi helps her with that...

Other then that i guess taking stuff from a to b is the most that she helps with.
How about pills? She can take pills by herself...

wealth

Re: What Emi does for Rin

Post by wealth » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:21 pm

te-kun wrote:
wealth wrote:Only me that is wondering i Rin uses tampongs or pads :P i mean if she use tamongs and Emi helps her with that...

Other then that i guess taking stuff from a to b is the most that she helps with.
How about pills? She can take pills by herself...
Well during the game she says that she is on her priod and she needs Emi to help her change.

Post Reply