Parenting the girls

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

traitor

Parenting the girls

Post by traitor »

How do you parent a crippled girl?
How were the girls raised?

We can all agree that Hanako's mother failed as a parent, and Rin's parents are extra dimensional aliens, but I'm curious in your thoughts about how the girls were raised and how that contributed to their personality, whether their disability got into their way or not.

And what the hell is with Shizune's parents, raising a trap son anyway?
Last edited by traitor on Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ReinerSkye

Re: Parenting the girls

Post by ReinerSkye »

traitor wrote:How do you parent a crippled girl?
Mostly, like every other child.
Hanako = Rin > Lily > Shizune > Kenji > Emi > Misha
Red_Machine

Post by Red_Machine »

As long as you don't focus on their disability, and try to treat them like any other child so they can learn to be independent. I would be harder, but you would just raise them like you would any other child.
Hanako>Misha>Emi>Lilly>Shizune>Rin
traitor

Post by traitor »

let's put it this way:
ignore the first sentence you read, and discuss the parenting methods used for each of the girls.
Otakumon

Post by Otakumon »

Don't be silly. Thier parents shipped them off to a boarding school so they wouldn't have to worry about raising them.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Shizune's parents learned sign language.

Emi's parents would have to do nothing different.

Not sure what concessions a blind person would need at home.

Don't know a thing about Rin's parents.

And I wouldn't be so quick to judge Hanako's mother. We don't really know much about her. Perhaps she thought that Hanako would be better off in a specialized institution than with her. There are things she can't provide that Yamaku can, like psychiatric help. Also, if Hanako were raised by her mother, then she'd probably have to go to a public school... Or she'd be home schooled, and I don't think just any parent can handle that.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
joojoopower

Post by joojoopower »

Hanako's parents are dead.
Zerp

Post by Zerp »

traitor wrote:How do you parent a crippled girl?
How were the girls raised?

We can all agree that Hanako's mother failed as a parent, and Rin's parents are extra dimensional aliens, but I'm curious in your thoughts about how the girls were raised and how that contributed to their personality, whether their disability got into their way or not.

And what the hell is with Shizune's parents, raising a trap son anyway?
I feel like this is worth mentioning.
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

joojoopower wrote:Hanako's parents are dead.
Her dad is dead, fuckface. We don't know anything about her mom, although it's a safe bet to say that she's probably a milf.

(USER WARNING: NO PERSONAL ATTACKS)

Post by Guest »

Brogurt wrote:
joojoopower wrote:Hanako's parents are dead.
Her dad is dead, fuckface. We don't know anything about her mom, although it's a safe bet to say that she's probably a milf.
''now imagining a milfy version of hanako''

there goes no-fap august...
Peorth
Zenryoku Zenkai!

Post by Peorth »

Rule one, you don't use the word 'crippled' around them. We don't like that. We prefer 'handicapped'. That aside, speaking from experience, I'd say it's largely like raising a normal child, though school/etc will be different depending on the disability and if the parents want them integrated into a normal school/etc.
Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stopped, the story will not end.

Whether it's a comedy or a tragedy, if there is cheering, the story will continue on.
Just like the many lives.
For the us who are still in it and still in the journey, send warm blessings.

---We will continue to walk down this path until eternity.
traitor

Post by traitor »

why, "just like raising a normal child" is way too abstract, there are billions of ways to raise children.

Take Lilly for instance, she is extremely well mannered and reserved, but her sister is laid back and open. This is probably because the Setous became overprotective when it came to Lilly due to her disability; I'd assume Lilly was constantly being taken care of, perhaps even by a special tutor at a young age. This caused her to have a strong sense of discipline and responsibility when she grew up. If she wasn't with blind perhaps her personality be very much similar to Akira.

Maybe for Shizune, her parents didn't want her to feel discouraged from interacting with people and learning from the outside world. So at a young age Shizune was encouraged to be curious in things and then find out for herself, because her parents would never restrict her too much. However, her parents later found out that she became too brash and had some personality issues, so their parenting methods for Shizune's brother were more gentle and caring. Ten years later, Hideaki became a trap.

As for Hanako', it's not her family's fault that she was so unfortunate. But the result is still there: Hanako had no self esteem, no one telling her that she can do whatever she wants and become whoever she wants to be, nobody encouraging her to snap out from her depression and explore the world. This is probably a daddy issue, her mother's probably too busy working two jobs to support them, but in the end Hanako is result of no parenting.

Inafter here's a video of some guy flaming you sure got owned xDDDD, mother of god you fucknuts are everywhere, stop being uncreative and join in the conversation and have some fun.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Cease with the personal attacks before I decide to do some IP-banning.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Peorth
Zenryoku Zenkai!

Post by Peorth »

traitor wrote:why, "just like raising a normal child" is way too abstract, there are billions of ways to raise children.

Take Lilly for instance, she is extremely well mannered and reserved, but her sister is laid back and open. This is probably because the Setous became overprotective when it came to Lilly due to her disability; I'd assume Lilly was constantly being taken care of, perhaps even by a special tutor at a young age. This caused her to have a strong sense of discipline and responsibility when she grew up. If she wasn't with blind perhaps her personality be very much similar to Akira.

Maybe for Shizune, her parents didn't want her to feel discouraged from interacting with people and learning from the outside world. So at a young age Shizune was encouraged to be curious in things and then find out for herself, because her parents would never restrict her too much. However, her parents later found out that she became too brash and had some personality issues, so their parenting methods for Shizune's brother were more gentle and caring. Ten years later, Hideaki became a trap.

As for Hanako', it's not her family's fault that she was so unfortunate. But the result is still there: Hanako had no self esteem, no one telling her that she can do whatever she wants and become whoever she wants to be, nobody encouraging her to snap out from her depression and explore the world. This is probably a daddy issue, her mother's probably too busy working two jobs to support them, but in the end Hanako is result of no parenting.

Inafter here's a video of some guy flaming you sure got owned xDDDD, mother of god you fucknuts are everywhere, stop being uncreative and join in the conversation and have some fun.
Being a disabled child myself, once upon a time (no, I didn't get better, I got older :P), lends a certain perspective. The 'usual' methods (that would work with any other child) tend to work with us as well, with little/no modification. :)
Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stopped, the story will not end.

Whether it's a comedy or a tragedy, if there is cheering, the story will continue on.
Just like the many lives.
For the us who are still in it and still in the journey, send warm blessings.

---We will continue to walk down this path until eternity.
ReinerSkye

Post by ReinerSkye »

Peorth wrote:Being a disabled child myself, once upon a time (no, I didn't get better, I got older :P), lends a certain perspective. The 'usual' methods (that would work with any other child) tend to work with us as well, with little/no modification. :)
So what your saying is disabled people are in fact normal people.Shocking.
Hanako = Rin > Lily > Shizune > Kenji > Emi > Misha