Attention Katawa Shoujo NYC Fans

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

waynoinsano

Re: Attention Katawa Shoujo NYC Fans

Post by waynoinsano »

Aura wrote:We will probably put the digital versions of the books up somewhere at some point, relax.

Thank you for that wonderful info, I'm guessing at some point after the full game release. Until then thank you to all the devs for their hard work.
deadering

Post by deadering »

Aura wrote:We will probably put the digital versions of the books up somewhere at some point, relax.
Glad to hear it. Would be cool to put it up as the game gets closer to release for some hype for the fans :3
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Well I got notification that I would be sent a copy, but I couldn't respond quickly enough to get it, so at least #11 is getting it.

And why couldn't I respond when I got on the waiting list so quickly? Funny you should ask…

On Wednesday, August 24, early in the afternoon, I was accidentally caught between a U-Haul truck and the loading dock at the Borders store where I work.

Obviously, I survived. Five fractures, including a broken left ankle. Right leg very weak while the nerves decide to wake up. Foot-long tear in my abdominal wall. No organs crushed. No external bleeding, and I never lost consciousness.

Three operations and over two weeks while they tried to make sure I wasn't going to die.

Since it was on the job, I'm completely covered by Workman's Compensation. Of all those leaving Borders who don't already have a job, I'm the one with the best guaranteed income. :?

I've been out of the hospital for a week now, busily catching up on everything online—I had no access while in the hospital.

Other than that, not much going on in my life… :shock:
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Goldilurks

Post by Goldilurks »

Yikes. Sorry to hear.

I have responded and am still waiting patiently.
This one needs to lurk moar. This one lurks too much! Ahh, this one lurks juuuuust enuf.
Katawa Haha: Disability Mothers
From Shizune's Perspective: a fanfic
Shades of gray
Location: Those two eyes under that rock, yeah, the ones watching you? Thats me...

Post by Shades of gray »

sorry to hear that griff, was wondering why i hadn't seen you about the forums.

not suffering any long lasting ill affects?
2 kidneys for sale, slightly used, non-functional, no refunds.
deadering

Post by deadering »

@griffon8 I hope everything is healing fine! I'm sorry :oops:
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Shades of gray wrote:not suffering any long lasting ill affects?
There are some long term effects. I'm under a lifting restriction of 10 lbs. right now (about 4.5 kg for our non-USA readers). I have a hernia about 8 cm long that has to wait until I've built up sufficient scar tissue for them to repair (about 10–12 months). I have a massive hematoma on my right side which will take some 6 months to reabsorb; meanwhile, it makes car trips extremely uncomfortable. Until my right leg gets stronger, I won't be able to drive. I won't be able to work for a year or more probably.

But enough. I'll heal. Close to 100% if not completely.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Shades of gray
Location: Those two eyes under that rock, yeah, the ones watching you? Thats me...

Post by Shades of gray »

ow... i understand a little of what you are feeling (only a little) due to my transplant... and several other ops (on build up to transplant i was having a quick 20 min op every day, my leg doesnt feel right even after 3 years, and it hurts on cold days :/ leg line in, leg line out, every bloody day for 3 weeks... and god... removing the line... at least i was hopped up on sweet sweet sleepy drugs when they put the thing in, no painkillers for when it came out and the bloody line was just short of a foot long and 1 cm at its thickest, and the nurses took thier sweet time pulling it out (i think they may have been peeking at my junk... maybe), thanks to that i have nerve damage right at the joint)

me and the nurses actually counted the scars once, over a hundred, thankfully its scar on top of scar (the two largest scars i have are both over a foot long, one from a screw-up (they thought i had peritonitis when i actually had appendicitis, so they went and did an exploratory op and prompty went oh shit when they realized that my appenix had burst) that one starts 3 inches above my belly button, goes around and down into the pubic region(it looks like i have a arse on my stomache V_V ), and the other one is the actual transplant scar (cool thing is, it joins with the other scar to make a lopsided V shape)

anyways, enough with my rambling about my aches, pains and scars.

wishing you a speedy recovery, feel free to drop a message on how things are going k? even if its to complain at life in general (trust me, i know i did to my friends and family and it helps a little)
2 kidneys for sale, slightly used, non-functional, no refunds.
Rocket Royal

Post by Rocket Royal »

What sort of content is on these books? Character info and background information as well as art? How much of it is there?
Lansan1ty

Post by Lansan1ty »

btw I'm not dead, I just never got a ride to the Post office =_=, Next weekend I'll be heading back down to NYC for a whole week and I'll be bringing the artbooks with me. If I PMed you asking for your address or zipcode and you only gave me a zipcode (or county) pass me your address by next weekend, if you already PMed me your address, gimme a week to tell you guys how much shipping will cost.

Really sorry that it took this long, I underestimated how hard it would be for me to get to a post office out here considering nothing else is near it that people want to go to. (In NYC I live like 4 blocks from a post office so that won't be a problem at all)

I haven't forgotten about you guys, life just sucks in the middle of nowhere =/
Limbless

Post by Limbless »

Lansan1ty wrote:...
Hey, it's all good. Glad to hear from you, though. :)
cenyt

Post by cenyt »

um...
not trying to sound impatient, but... any news? :oops:
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

cenyt wrote:um...
not trying to sound impatient, but... any news? :oops:
About those books? If anything, try waiting until after the full game is released.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
phailosophy

Post by phailosophy »

So apparently this guy either completely forgot about us, he died, or everyone has gotten one except me. Take your pick eh?
Paddy
Location: In wheat fields, which must be placed on the valley floor.

Post by Paddy »

phailosophy wrote:So apparently this guy either completely forgot about us, he died, or everyone has gotten one except me. Take your pick eh?
The answer to your questions...

... is not in resurrecting this old, old thread.
I'm weary of the railway,
Poor Paddy works on the railway.

Блажен муж, иже не иде на совет нечестивых.
Blessed is the man, who walks not in the counsel of the wicked. (Psalm 1:1)
Got questions about God, Christianity, or the Catholic Church?