World's First Double-Leg Transplant

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Minister of Gloom

World's First Double-Leg Transplant

Post by Minister of Gloom »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healt ... plant.html

Medical technology and science keeps advancing at a mind boggling rate all around us. Just as a theoretical Hanako out there might one day in the near future be able to repair her skin and a theoretical Lilly might one day be able to see, a theoretical Emi who's watched the news yesterday might have been overjoyed to hear that in Spain, for the first time in history, this marvelous feat of surgical genius has been accomplished. If everything goes according to plan, the nerves in the patients body will, over the course of two years, attach themselves to the nerves in the leg, allowing the patient, who's original legs had to be amputated after a car accident, to walk once more.

Ain't the world a wonderful place?
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
Raiden

Re: World's First Double-Leg Transplant

Post by Raiden »

I have no response to this utterly amazing thread. Other than the one I am typing as of now. But no matter how awesome this would be, the game takes place in 2007. Anything that happens now is completely irrelevant to the story line. In other words: Emi + legs = not gonna happen (sadly :( )
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe..."
-Albert Einstein

Friends are temporary, love is eternal.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Also, since Emi's amputation is below the knee, for her, a prosthetic would still be the preferred treatment according to the article.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
sabre98

Post by sabre98 »

It´s amazing what doctors can do these days - transplant legs or even whole face. Doctors and scientists who make this all possible have my utmost respect.

Also I don´t think Emi would even consider something like this. I believe she is happy the way she is.
Show respect for age. Drink good Scotch for a change
Minister of Gloom

I am not saying Emi should get this treatment (she's an imaginary character), and I am most definitely not saying that she should try to get it in-game (because, as you said, the game takes place in the past, although for some reason I was sure it was 1997, not 2007...), I just think it's as relevant to this board as any other thread about new advances in the field of medicine and interesting stories about cripples.
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

I predict that science will have found a cure for all five of the girls' disabilities by the time KS is actually released.

Prove me wrong, devs. Prove me wrong.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Shades of gray
Location: Those two eyes under that rock, yeah, the ones watching you? Thats me...

Post by Shades of gray »

Csihar wrote:I predict that science will have found a cure for all five of the girls' disabilities by the time KS is actually released.

Prove me wrong, devs. Prove me wrong.

umm...

scar reducing treatment...
occular implant (now with microprocessor!)
leg and arm transplant
Cochlear Implant
heart bypass/transplant/defib/pacemaker etc etc

umm... yeah...
2 kidneys for sale, slightly used, non-functional, no refunds.
Minister of Gloom

Now we just need to know the Misha disability to know if there's a cure for it. Damn you mysterious drill-haired devil woman!
AapoAlas

Post by AapoAlas »

Minister of Gloom wrote:Now we just need to know the Misha disability to know if there's a cure for it. Damn you mysterious drill-haired devil woman!
What we're facing here seems to be a peculiar case of Schrödinger's Misha's Disability.
We won't know if the disability has been cured by modern science before the game is released before the game is released. (Yeah, that's an abomination of a sentence if there ever was one.)
As long as we do not know the disability it both has and has not been cured by modern science, but once we actually know the disability it will become either cured or not-cured.
Nothing to be seen here. Do check out my little dabbling in the art of words, though.
Panty Supervisor

Post by Panty Supervisor »

Yeah guys, just one problem: Where does she get a pair of legs? I mean, she loves running, so she needs really strong, flexible legs. The legs of somebody who uses them a lot. Where in the world would she find a person with such legs?

Oh...
Yuuko > Misha > Emi > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune > Rin
Minister of Gloom

Panty Supervisor wrote:
Oh...
Fund this slasher, my friends, I can see it.
DESU

Post by DESU »

Panty Supervisor wrote:Yeah guys, just one problem: Where does she get a pair of legs? I mean, she loves running, so she needs really strong, flexible legs. The legs of somebody who uses them a lot. Where in the world would she find a person with such legs?

Oh...
But then Rin wouldn't have any legs either, meaning she'd just be a torso with a head.

...I fear I have fueled someone's imagination and that will appear in the shimmie. Please prove me wrong.
ImageImage
I white-knighted for Hanako before the rest of you.
>Completion 28%
I got my Hanako path. To me, that's 100% completion.
My steam is my nexus of stuff so yeah. Also I have a chan. Ask me shit.
Minister of Gloom

Well, then, we can just give her Emi's arms, can't we?
Shades of gray
Location: Those two eyes under that rock, yeah, the ones watching you? Thats me...

Post by Shades of gray »

Minister of Gloom wrote:Well, then, we can just give her Emi's arms, can't we?
And thus, everything comes full circle.

seriously though. for most things there is a "cure" (cure being...well... not always a cure)

and things that don't have "cures" are being researched to make a "cure"
2 kidneys for sale, slightly used, non-functional, no refunds.
Censuur

Post by Censuur »

While certainly an impressive feat I personally cant imagine wanting to attach someone else's legs to your body, especially considering how many alternatives there are available, missing your legs isn't all that much of a hinderance