a suggestion, and a request.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

trekki859

a suggestion, and a request.

Post by trekki859 »

thought of something that would be nice, and i think/hope its practicle and not TO much to ask for, as its my undersating that realase is before the end of the year, and as the year ends it less then six months im hoping its not to much to ask for monthly, or bi weekly status updates, i know this goes against what youve done thus far but it be nice to know, it wouldint have to be exact just a ROUGH estimation on the Percent of completion, breaking it down into categorys n such, im making this as a topic instead of a pm to ask what the community thinks of this idea.

also, to the dev team this is not ment to be pressuring at all, and i think i speak for the majority of the fan base that its more then worth the wait n we will keep on waiting as long as needed.

one last thing, im wirting this after having been up for 40 hours so if its rubish feel free to lock, but i think its a good idea n figured why the hell not ask.
in the wise words of Jack O'neill ..."what?"
Raiden

Re: a suggestion, and a request.

Post by Raiden »

I agree, but you have to remember that the progress is always changing. Sometimes they might take one step forward, find a bug or some sort of fault, and then take 2 steps back to change/fix it. So I do agree about how they should update the blog more often, but as for progress and the like... it seems like it would be difficult to give an estimation if it keeps changing.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe..."
-Albert Einstein

Friends are temporary, love is eternal.
scott1and

Post by scott1and »

Raidens right, as progress could indeed go backwards as well as forwards, and if they did update more often I imagine it would put the devs under more pressure as to not make mistakes, rather than just moving forwards and backwards when need be as they have been doing.
And besides, showing what parts are definitely finished as it has been done so far seems like an OK progress measurement to me, but then again I may be wrong.
The way its been done so far just seems easier for the devs as well as being a more definite milestone for us.
DaMan65

Post by DaMan65 »

I for one feel rather content to take the Dev's at their word that it will be done by years end

Have some faith
By reading this you have given me temporary control of you mind
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

We said we wouldn't do that more than three years ago, and we're not changing our mind now. Information appears on the dev blog when it appears, regardless of whether it's more or less frequently than that.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

trekki859

Post by trekki859 »

Silentcook wrote:We said we wouldn't do that more than three years ago, and we're not changing our mind now. Information appears on the dev blog when it appears, regardless of whether it's more or less frequently than that.

eh tis all good, just figured it wouldint hurt to ask ^^ i dont mind not knowing, twas just a passing idea at the time.
in the wise words of Jack O'neill ..."what?"