Development question.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

blazenwhiper

Development question.

Post by blazenwhiper »

My question isn't really about this VN but more along the lines of how it was strutured. I was wondering what were the steps you had to take to get to your current area of work?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Re: Development question.

Post by Aura »

Question is really too complicated to answer (or maybe I don't get what you want to know). We've been working on this for over four years and a lot of things have happened along the way. Some of the posts in the development blog shed a bit of light on how we work, try reading those or specify more.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

Actually, do you think you would release the internal development logs with the game?
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

As in, IRC logs of the dev channel?

1) they're rather incredibly long, given that they're built up over years of development
2) they contain a lot of stuff we'd really not want public (bitchfighting, petty arguments, etc)
3) there's not much one could really glean from them, especially since they don't usually tell the whole story (with communication also happening on the forums and on MSN)

So a definite no, there.
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

2) they contain a lot of stuff we'd really not want public (bitchfighting, petty arguments, etc)
(bitchfighting, petty arguments, etc)
Oh, sweet! It's always an interest of mi-
So a definite no, there.
FUCK
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

Nightlinks

Post by Nightlinks »

Well how about this?

I've got a group of RL friends wanting to make a VN. How did you guys actually get moving on creating the content? What was the catalyst?
As of now.
Lilly > Hanako = Shizune > Rin > Emi > Misha
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Mirage_GSM wrote:This.
Nah, that's the inspiration for the project. This came long before the core group was realized and any concrete art or writing was completed. For the story about how the game was made up to act 1, read this.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

I have one question, when this is all finished, the game is released, regardless of whether people like it or not (although I am sure we will) will you look back on the last 4 years and say to yourself "This was worth it." ?
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Yes.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Shintai wrote:I have one question, when this is all finished, the game is released, regardless of whether people like it or not (although I am sure we will) will you look back on the last 4 years and say to yourself "This was worth it." ?
Having long since bailed on the project I can say that it has had some degree of benefit even without being completed. I am pretty sure that things haven't changed that much, and that most people would agree with me.

My lifestyle doesn't allow me the time that I used to have to spend here, but I still drop by once a week to just glance over what is happening. It kinda feels like leaving a garden to fend for itself, and watching it flourish. You should try that sometime; it is less effort than VNs.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

Well, if nothing else, you lot made a bunch of useful and dependable contacts. Also VCR.