Put yourself in Hisao's shoes

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

moonpalace

Re: Put yourself in Hisao's shoes

Post by moonpalace »

trhvmn wrote:I think I'm really overestimating my socialization skills though. Realistically, I'd most likely end up talking to Hanako about books every now and then and that's it.
That would probably be the case for me too although I envisage Kenji and I getting on alright (and no not necessarily in that way).... It's not as bad an end to me as Hisao took it.

Edit: And as for a disability, if I should think of an original one, epilepsy? I'm disgracefully unknowledgeable in disabilities.
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

I'll take part in this and get a little more detailed.

First off my story would be somewhat like Hanako's. I would have recently gotten into a car accident that killed my father and left me to have to wear bandages over the right side of my face covering my right eye (which I'm blind in), my body, and my right arm. Do to muscle/ nerve damage caused by spinal injuries and burn injuries, my right leg is weak and prone to giving out while I cannot raise my right arm above my head. As such I have to walk around with a cane (however I can walk fine. It just hurts and is hard to do).

Now the girl I would go for would be Hanako (she is so cute :3), and I could picture us meeting in the library (personally, I love to read and write. In one of my old schools, whenever we had lunch I was in the library). I would be working on a story I'm writing and I would notice a girl in the corner every so often glancing at my bandages. Noticing she was in my class I would walk over to her and begin to try to talk to her. She would be nervous at first, but I would eventually find something to say to calm her down.I would eventually notice her scars (I'm not to observant) and ask her if that's why she's so nervous. She would agree and I would tell her there is no reason to be afraid of me. We would talk more and she would start to get more comfortable with me. It would turn out that my father was actually the author of her favorite book.

As for a first date... hmm... I would picture me finally getting her to go into town with me. Being the nervous person she is, she would be clinging onto me (already a win :3). We would go to a tea shop (which so happened to be the one yuuko works at) and we would just relax there for a bit. I would have to go to the bathroom, but when I get back I notice some guys are trying to hit on/pick on Hanako. I would step in and, more or less, teach them a lesson (aah... being a blue belt in tai-kwon-do and jujitsu has its advantages) we would go home, she would thank me, and we would have our first kiss...

Too detailed?
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe..."
-Albert Einstein

Friends are temporary, love is eternal.
PasterOfMuppets

Post by PasterOfMuppets »

Raiden wrote:I'll take part in this and get a little more detailed.

First off my story would be somewhat like Hanako's. I would have recently gotten into a car accident that killed my father and left me to have to wear bandages over the right side of my face covering my right eye (which I'm blind in), my body, and my right arm. Do to muscle/ nerve damage caused by spinal injuries and burn injuries, my right leg is weak and prone to giving out while I cannot raise my right arm above my head. As such I have to walk around with a cane (however I can walk fine. It just hurts and is hard to do).

Now the girl I would go for would be Hanako (she is so cute :3), and I could picture us meeting in the library (personally, I love to read and write. In one of my old schools, whenever we had lunch I was in the library). I would be working on a story I'm writing and I would notice a girl in the corner every so often glancing at my bandages. Noticing she was in my class I would walk over to her and begin to try to talk to her. She would be nervous at first, but I would eventually find something to say to calm her down.I would eventually notice her scars (I'm not to observant) and ask her if that's why she's so nervous. She would agree and I would tell her there is no reason to be afraid of me. We would talk more and she would start to get more comfortable with me. It would turn out that my father was actually the author of her favorite book.

As for a first date... hmm... I would picture me finally getting her to go into town with me. Being the nervous person she is, she would be clinging onto me (already a win :3). We would go to a tea shop (which so happened to be the one yuuko works at) and we would just relax there for a bit. I would have to go to the bathroom, but when I get back I notice some guys are trying to hit on/pick on Hanako. I would step in and, more or less, teach them a lesson (aah... being a blue belt in tai-kwon-do and jujitsu has its advantages) we would go home, she would thank me, and we would have our first kiss...

Too detailed?
FAN-FIC MATERIAL
Good joke... Everybody laugh... Roll on snare drum... Curtains...

Hanako = Shizune = Lilly = Rin > Kenji > Placeholder > Emi
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

Well I am a writer after all. However currently I'm already working on a story. Maybe if I get some free time I'll write a short fanfic (probably only 3 chapters at most, whereas the story I'm working on will be about 20+)
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe..."
-Albert Einstein

Teh Fap Master

Post by Teh Fap Master »

Since Hanako's on everyone's list, I'll go ahead and go for Rin.
Write-faggotry time~
Being a partially deaf musician, and drifting to permanent deafness (Like that stuff Beethoven had). I'd find inspiration and love in Rin, her abstract thoughts, and her art.
I'd also fall in love with her constant rambling, and spend endless amounts of time talking to her about absolutely nothing in particular.

During the semester though, I'd gradually lose more and more hearing and drift towards Shizune for friendship and understanding. Having knowledge of sign language interactions are simple.
and... haven't really thought past that part :P
Mogami-kun

Post by Mogami-kun »

I'm sure I would be devastated after learning that I will have to live with this condition for the rest of my life, taking medications in large quantities every day. While I like socializing with people, new situations can scare me, so the first few days would be really tough. I don't like people who are like Misha and Shizune so I would probably try to look for others to become friends with. Emi would make quite a bad impression after nearly killing me in the hallway, not to mention that I couldn't really get along with Rin. I like reading, it's highly likely that I would frequent the library and if I wouldn't scare away Hanako, then I'm sure I would try to become friends with her...or maybe more. Not to mention she comes with Lily, not a bad choice either. So I guess I would spend the year at Yamaku with Hanako and Lily, trying my best to finish school. Sounds okay to me.
"100%"
My final ranking: Hanako >>> Lilly > (Misha >) Shizune > Rin > Emi.
Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Errr, I think things would be it frizzled with me involved.
If it we're up to me, Id Probably have to pick a nice limp. Girls like a man with a cane and i have a deep addiction to House M.D.
I'd probably still be the crotchety bastard i am now, Insulting people on meeting and/or just being quiet.
As for the girls, ill list my general feelings.
Shizune: Hate her. I don't go for aggressiveness in women. Misha is just fine, she seems free-spirit enough, But shizune to me is just a workaholic with a stick up her ass.
Hanako:I love girls like this, It's just a shame they don't like me. As much as i enjoy reading and quiet moments spent with others, My generally criticizing and insulting behavior (and shear volume of swearing) Put these kind of chicks off. Shame too, Would've cuddle the shit out of 'er.
Lilly: I think she and i would get along well if i keep down the criticizing and the swearing. Im found of well-read people and a pot of brew to boot. Would i fuck her?....Nahhh.
Rin:Yes. All the way yes. We're both admirers of the graphic arts. We both have pretty philosophic mindsets and a carefree, open mind behaviors. She's practically made for me!
And yes, I'd tap that ass quiet nicely as well. Long days doing nothing and sleeping on another shoulder are big romantic turn-on for me, yes.
Emi:Would never bother with her if it weren't for rin. I don't have a thing for lolis and bubbly attitudes and athletics annoy me to no end.
Kenji: Eeerrr, Id hang with him. He's bad shit insane, yes, but fun to watch in a novelty sort-of-way.
Also known as the artist formerly known as Commissioner Castration.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Actually that's exactly what I did on my first playthrough, and I naturally ended up with Emi.
Seriously, I'm not that into sports, but if the doc tells you what amounts to "work out or die" that's a no-brainer.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
pTherion

Post by pTherion »

Put myself in Hisao's shoes... put myself in Hisao's shoes. Does Hisao wear size 16's? ...Doesn't matter. I don't know, I guess I'd probably be unable to refuse Shizune's constant pestering me but I've a feeling she'd get the wrong idea and in her, admittedly adorable pushiness, end up being hurt when I'd have to let her down easy. She'd never let me see or know this though. I'd pine for Lilly because I want a Lilly but would lack the testicular fortitude to carry out anything other than passing conversation and then slowly spiral down into Kenjidom sans the resentment for women and proper Scotch instead of generic Whiskey.

As for disability? Just take what I've got now and crank it to 11. Severe Plaque Psoriasis - constant dull pain over affected areas turned into white hot stabbing pain in effected areas, early onset arthritis (which I don't have yet) turns to moderate arthritis add in the ultra-overactive immune system to keep fictional me sick with the sniffles or worse most of the time and I think you have someone who qualifies for Yamaku.

ALTERNATIVE ROUTE: My freakish gigantorism scares all the teeny tiny Japanese girls away from me and I hook up with the Nurse which I'm totally okay with.
Take it easy.
scott1and

Post by scott1and »

I'd probably go for Hanako as her personality is similar to what I like to look out for in reality, that and I prefer girls who aren't into clubbing or heavy drinkers, not that the others would be but I quite like shy girls. I like reading so I dare say I would in the Library a fair few times, and if she's there as much as she's said to have been I would probably talk to her eventually.
I like strange girls as well and I'm into art so I'd probably get along with Rin really well, and Id probably get to know her better and even join in with her erratic but somehow realistic responses to life. And where Kenji is concerned I dare say he'd be pretty fun to hang with, if not just for drinks and the stealth missions he surely has from time to time, which you have to admit would be pretty awesome.

Saying that I seem to somehow miraculously gather more girls than guys for friends so I could probably take Hisao's job :mrgreen:
Roy-Kr

Post by Roy-Kr »

Even if i suddenly had a heart condition and was thrown in cripple heaven, I'd still be an antisocial guy who won't start a conversation with people who don't play games or read manga.

The most realistic answer would be "None of them"
Hamachi ID: Melty Blood EU
Password: sugoisugoi
DaMan65

Post by DaMan65 »

I would most likely gravitate towards Rin. I do artsy things and thus would end up in the art club.

And in real life I like people like RIn their fun to talk to and I guess I'm kinda like that.
By reading this you have given me temporary control of you mind
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

If I'd ended up at Yamaku... I'm opting for missing either one or both legs below the knee (shins and feet crushed beyond recovery by something way heavy, or something like that). Ensue depression, slow rehabilitation, slowly becoming able to cope on the surface while hiding the depression behind a cheerful mask. Would get fit for leg-prosthetics, but I'd need at least a cane to get around properly at first.

I'd have a severe dislike for Shizune and Misha from day 1. I can't really stand overly cheerful people like Misha, and since I'm pretty laid-back I'd constantly clash with Shizune. Not open hatred or anything of the like, just a do-not-want-to-hang-out-with kinda thing. And thus resentment towards Mutou for putting me near the two ">_>

I'd naturally drift towards Hanako, because I love to read. Somewhat doubting it'd ever become more than friendship, because my social aptitude is sadly lacking, and that just doesn't go well with someone that shy. I'd befriend Lilly fairly quickly too, but because of her polite demeanor, I'd be watching my own behavior constantly for at least 3 months ">_>

Rin I wouldn't mind hanging out with, bouncing tangents back and forth every once in a while, but that's probably as far as it'd go. I'm not really eloquent most of the time, and not that fast of a thinker.

So that leaves Emi. Getting bowled over? Check. Cue one or both legs flying off as a result for comedic effect, then later on, Emi frowning at me and bothering me about the cane/crutches. My natural response would be to try and avoid the subject, but that doesn't really work with Emi ">_> So eventually, she hears the full story, and then convinces me to get some running prosthetics and join her for her morning runs. And with her dragging me along, that depression actually starts to fade away, I can enjoy life again, and want to hang out with her more, so I ask her out. Or she asks me out, which is much more likely to happen, shy idiot that I am <_<"

... I've thought about this way too much, haven't I?
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

Leotrak wrote:... I've thought about this way too much, haven't I?
Not at all. Look at my post on the subject. Your's would also be good fanfic material. :)
-Albert Einstein

Swyldp

Post by Swyldp »

I'd probably get close to Lilly and Hanako as friends, and maybe try to date one of them eventually. I'd be bros with Rin and art with her, and become friends with Shizune and Misha as I help them out with council work. I don't think I would actually join the council or the art club though.

Actually I kind of have a thing for Suzu, so maybe I'd try to date her.