How'd you find yourself here?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ExN

Re: How'd you find yourself here?

Post by ExN »

I think around a year or so back, I discovered Raita's artwork and doujins and really dug the hell out of his style. In searching for more of his work, I may have come across this site. It's been a while, so my memory isn't that fresh. I downloaded the first act, but didn't finish it, and I ended up forgetting about it for awhile.

Now my interest is up again, and I can't finish the first act because my computer's busted. (Posting from a PS3, crappy browser.) Though, I've been lurking the site for awhile. Hoping I get a new PC by the time it's released.
Turnups

Post by Turnups »

My story's the same as most here remembered some talk about creating a VN based on artwork or something forgot all about it was lurking saw a thread for the demo downloaded it and was surprised at the direction it had taken then deployed and forgot again and just remembered recently, by the way I love what the devs have released so far and can't wait for the full release.
Token

Post by Token »

I read the article on Kotaku and forgot about it. Remembered it after a while, checked up and saw that act 1 had been released.
Quite lucky there, didn't have to spend agonizing weeks/months/years waiting for it.
Anyway, after that, I started lurking about.
Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

Token wrote:I read the article on Kotaku and forgot about it. Remembered it after a while, checked up and saw that act 1 had been released.
Quite lucky there, didn't have to spend agonizing weeks/months/years waiting for it.
I recall Act 1 was released long before the kotaku article?
Token

Post by Token »

Esa94 wrote:I recall Act 1 was released long before the kotaku article?
Well, that is how I remember. If anyone actually looks up the numbers, they will probably tell me I'm wrong.
Necrous

Post by Necrous »

"Here", the forums: Well, that's easy. I found the link to the forums on the Katawa Shoujo web page. I typed in 'Katawa Shoujo Anime Manga' into the search bar, to see if there had been anyone else that had made a thread about the same idea I had (that being that KS would be stonking AWESOME for an anime or manga), and this is one of the threads that came up as a result of that search.

"Here", Katawa Shoujo in specific: Now, this one is harder to recall. It was probably less than a week ago, and If I recall, I was doing my usual thing, reading manga (which I still am, 3x3 Eyes and Hayate no Gotoku! both have 300+ chapters to them, it's a LONG read) and watching anime episodes. I THINK I remember seeing an advert for KS on one of those websites. The rest is a wonderful blur that I wouldn't give up for anything.

Edit: Fixed names of manga I'm reading.
CarpeGuitarrem

Post by CarpeGuitarrem »

Katawa Shoujo...to be honest, I think I was investigating this "visual novel" thing, and stumbled across KS through Google Searching. And it looked very interesting. It has since led me to Ren'Py, and I may be putting some work in the distant future into a VN of my own.

It was a pretty cool happening-to-run-into, though. It's one of the most interesting concepts for a slice-of-life story that I've run into, and though it has so much potential to go so wrong, it handles the subject matter really well. And yeah, I know everyone's saying that, but it's true, and bears repeating.
Fhegy

Post by Fhegy »

Let's see... I was bored one day and went to a forum on a site (don't remember what site) and was looking for "Good Visual novels".
And some dude hade made a list of the "Best" Visual novels he/she/it had played and on the list guess what game was in? That's right! "Super melon giraffs from space: Part 3 The F.I.S.H is watching!".

No of course not, it was Katawa Shoujo, Googled it and said to my self, "Why the heck is this game so popular?", downloaded it, played it, and when I was done with my first playthrough (Hanako) I said "Well that was a short game... :( ". But then I saw somewhere that this was just the "Demo", :D
And have waited for it to be released ever since. The End

Wow... It wasn't suppose to be this long! Haha oh well!
I like toast!
Hagon

Post by Hagon »

I'm originaly an artist of the furry fandom... I found katawa shoujo thanks to a little hommage made by a guys on furaffinity... I found this interesting.
And now my fursonas turn into humans. :P
"What lie in the mind of somebody stepping on the fragile line between reason and insanity is something others can't understand."
Bulldozer

Post by Bulldozer »

Like most others, probably from 4chan
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

I heard about KS back before there was a playable demo, thought "gee sucks that it doesn't exist" and totally forgot about it. A couple years later, EncyclopediaDramatica's front page said something like "Did you know that in Katawa Shoujo, you can fuck all the crippled girls?" Checked the article, downloaded the game, and joined the forums halfway through playing.
Cylog

Post by Cylog »

Token wrote:I read the article on Kotaku and forgot about it. Remembered it after a while, checked up and saw that act 1 had been released.
Exactly the same here. At first my reaction was more like "WTF?!" but after I get to knew the game I realized how awesome it is.
:recursion
In order to understand Recursion, one must understand recursion.
goto recursion
===============
"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange."
gekiganwing

Post by gekiganwing »

I heard about Katawa Shoujo through various visual novel / romance game sites and forums. I think I first about it by 2008, and I made sure to read the demo shortly after its release.

My interest can probably be traced all the way back to the early 90s, when I first read about visual novels in a Nintendo Power article about untranslated games. Over the years, I got into a few translated console games with some romance themes, especially Thousand Arms and Harvest Moon Back to Nature. In the early 2000s, I got a halfway decent computer, and soon read the translated versions of Season of the Sakura and Kana Little Sister. Around 2005, I was losing interest in H-games and about to give up when Insani.org's first Altogether event happened. I really enjoyed some of those worksafe visual novels. I'm still an active fan, posting mostly on the Lemma Soft and Shira Oka forums, and sometimes on the Megatokyo forum.
3-----------------20

Post by 3-----------------20 »

I was reading about video game memes on tvtropes. I read the "Gimmie the chocolate Hisao!" comic and it made me laugh. So, I decided to see if it was possible to actually make a good story involving cripple fucking. So far it seems good, time will tell if the ending lives up to the beginning.
"...rest assured that Katawa Shoujo will be released in 2011."
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

Well I used to be a part of a now defunct gaming website known as gamesandme. That's where I first heard of Katawa Shoujo, but I never payed it any mind. Sometime later my friend Andrew talked to me about it and said it was really good and that I should give it a shot. I had just finished Fate/Stay Night at the time, the first visual novel I ever completed so I was in the mood for more. So I give a shot, lo and behold I really enjoyed it.