How'd you find yourself here?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

deadering

Re: How'd you find yourself here?

Post by deadering »

2 years ago or so I found it after I had just finished Private Nurse. I was trying to find more VNs like it and stumbled across some things, one of which was Katawa Shoujo. It's so good that even my friends who do not like visual novels got into it :3

I remember specifically my one friend kept complaining about the girls. I asked him what was wrong and he said "They are all just so damn cute! How am I supposed to choose one?" Then again, Shizune is his favorite. :roll:
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

deadering wrote:Then again, Shizune is his favorite. :roll:
Then your friend has good taste. :lol:
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
ReinerSkye

Post by ReinerSkye »

I ended up here after scouring vndb.org for something I hadn't already read. I set the filter to show every VN available in English and Katawa Shoujo was one of the few I hadn't already read. About 15 minutes later I started Act 1.
Hanako = Rin > Lily > Shizune > Kenji > Emi > Misha
kerrkerrkerr

Post by kerrkerrkerr »

There was the blog post on Fakku that showed me the first release. I played, and was hooked, by far the best english VN I have ever played, and it's just the first Act. I Decided, now after however long it's been since then to join the forums, because I am really anticipating the final release soon!
OneMore

Post by OneMore »

I think I first read about KS on tvtropes. Then picked some minor info on vndb and Honyaku (Russian translators), and now I'm here.
I also brought (not to the forum, but to the game) a guy from one of my forums.
I even helped with the translation proofreading (a bit). Cookies to me! :D
Teclo

Post by Teclo »

I'm here because the KS devs keep making KS threads on /a/. And now I'm realising how long it's been since I saw that "I'll post this every day until it's removed from the game" thread, referring to the painting in the corridor that looks kind of like Prince Charles after an acid bath.

Rin > Akira > Shizune > Lilly = Emi > Hanako
Juno

Post by Juno »

Teclo wrote:I'm here because the KS devs keep making KS threads on /a/.
Nope, that is just some insane fans.
Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

Teclo wrote:I'm here because the KS devs keep making KS threads on /a/.
"Go away KS devs" doesn't necessarily mean any of them have been posting on 4chan at all, y'know?
Teclo

Post by Teclo »

Don't tell me I need to start doing those idiotic [/sarcasm] or [/irony] tags that some people do on forums? I even got a PM about it from one of the devs, so I guess this issue must get certain people's blood boiling.

Rin > Akira > Shizune > Lilly = Emi > Hanako
J4ck

Post by J4ck »

One of my steam friends told me to play the demo as part of a conversation about how he had a bunch of hentai sprays for TF2 but couldn't stand anime.
reddrake56

Post by reddrake56 »

Just looking stuff up on tvtropes, though I don't remember what I was originally looking at tho... The demo is amazing and I am looking forward to the full version. It would be interesting to learn how the devs. came up with the storyline(s) each of the individual routes.
rusPiglets

Post by rusPiglets »

Recently start liking VN and got recommendation for this.
My life became a little better after reading the demo :)
Rohalmen509

Post by Rohalmen509 »

Just found it on Japanator. I read about and thought "cripple girls? romance-story?" and just played it so I wouldn't have to figure it out. Best reaction ever.
I found out about KS from japanator, during Ero-week.

RinxKenji forever~ Rin shall succumb to Kenji's impressive intelligence, and Rin shall make him walk the straight path to victory.
my evidence to this. http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3044 :)

Rin > Hanako > Shizune > Lilly > Kenji > Emi
phailosophy

Post by phailosophy »

J4ck wrote:One of my steam friends told me to play the demo as part of a conversation about how he had a bunch of hentai sprays for TF2 but couldn't stand anime.
Get out of here jack.

Post by Guest »

phailosophy wrote:
J4ck wrote:One of my steam friends told me to play the demo as part of a conversation about how he had a bunch of hentai sprays for TF2 but couldn't stand anime.
Get out of here jack.
I respectfully decline your request, Phail. I really should be keeping better track of the game's development instead of pestering people for second hand information.