Post by SpunkySix »

FelOnyx wrote:I was browsing TV tropes and stumbled upon [thing]
The best way to discover the Internet.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Dyno

Re: How'd you find yourself here?

Post by Dyno »

9gag lol, saw a post with Emi having 2 choises after she knocked you over the first time, 1 choise a joke of her missing legs.
went to comments for the sauce and found this :)
found the forums because i wanted to rage how my sound suddenly stopped working but never posted, reinstalling the game fixed it.
"you should try this game called: Katawa shoujo"
"what is it about?
"getting into relationships with crippled girls"
"Dude thats sick!!"
"While playing the game you get a syndrome that removes the lust to fap, once you finnaly do fap you burst like its your first time"
"where's the download link?"
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

Dyno wrote:9gag lol, saw a post with Emi having 2 choises after she knocked you over the first time, 1 choise a joke of her missing legs.
found the forums because i wanted to rage how my sound suddenly stopped working but never posted, reinstalling the game fixed it.
Do you know how many times I have tried to post a funny KS picture on that godforsaken site? No one likes it, and suddenly, landmine joke and then everyone loves it.

:(
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Fuck 9Gag. Just go onto 4Chan, wait for a KSG thread to appear on /v/ /b/ or sometimes /a/ and watch the amount of "Controversial Humor" to appear when discussing Disabled anime girls.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Dyno

Post by Dyno »

CoffeeDrive wrote:Fuck 9Gag.
yeah i started hating in over time, it became so bad.
"you should try this game called: Katawa shoujo"
"what is it about?
"getting into relationships with crippled girls"
"Dude thats sick!!"
"While playing the game you get a syndrome that removes the lust to fap, once you finnaly do fap you burst like its your first time"
"where's the download link?"
Potato

Post by Potato »

*> "Fuck 9Gag."

> Advocates 4chan.

So...You're basically really cool with 9Gag under a different name but just as awful.

*I was using arrows for emphasis before 4chan imposed its existence upon my awareness so shut it. :P
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

I guess the easiest way to describe how I got to Katawa was watching the Jesse Cox fan fraturday. After that I downloaded it and noticed the forum link on the site. Couple of days ago I started playing, finished a route and came on the forums knowing that spoilers would be minimized from that.

(As for the current conversation)

9gag is terrible, I just go on the trending page and downvote anything remotely terrible. I'm legitimately afraid to go on 4chan because it's ALL comments so it'd be like a collection of the worst youtube commenters who got banned from youtube comment sections.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Broomhead wrote:a collection of the worst youtube commenters who got banned from youtube comment sections.
That sounds like Hell. :|
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

Mind you, I've never actually been there, I've only heard of and seen screenshots of the place, but I'm too lazy to go out of my way for that sort of experience. Come to think of it, I occasionally go on gaming Reddits for strategy, so it can't be all that bad comparatively.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

I'm not sure...I think it was an site who laughed at weird games and I have tried KS because some comments said "It's not true ! KS is a good and touching game !"
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
YutoTheOrc

How did you find the Forums?

Post by YutoTheOrc »

I found the forums after I finished experiencing Katawa Shoujo for the first time. Since I found that Emi was my favourite character, I googled around looking for an epilogue to her story and stumbled upon: Ascent:An Emilogueby Mountaineer. I decide to stay a while and get more comfortable with the forums, posting and all that jazz. Now I try to visit the forums at least every day if not every other.
Last edited by YutoTheOrc on Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zarys

Re: How did you find the Forums?

Post by Zarys »

I have played the game, see if it has a TvTropes page, and saw a link to the forum.
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
LordMarluxia
Location: My body in Southwestern Europe, my mind in Wonderland.

Post by LordMarluxia »

Dyno wrote:9gag lol, saw a post with Emi having 2 choises after she knocked you over the first time, 1 choise a joke of her missing legs.
This is exactly how I found out about KS.

I found the forums because I needed to talk about it. When I finished Emi's I was kind of alright. But after Hanako's... I was too broken to not seek help in any form. I'm glad I found this forum.
Reading: Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami; Fractured - Karin Slaughter
Playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2; Far Cry 3; Dragon's Crown

Cat: "Where are you going?" Alice: "Which way should I go?"
Cat: "That depends on where you are going." Alice: "I don’t know."
Cat: "Then it doesn’t matter which way you go."
Forever_ambivalent

Post by Forever_ambivalent »

I found Katawa shoujo when I was searching for good VN that are free and easily downloadable.
I found the forums simply via the original KS website.
I tried going on 4chan once and left 5 minutes later. I don't want to see what kind of monstrosity 9GAG is. 4chan is like all the angry and bad drivers in the world in a single website and given a voice.
LordMarluxia
Location: My body in Southwestern Europe, my mind in Wonderland.

Post by LordMarluxia »

Forever_ambivalent wrote:I found Katawa shoujo when I was searching for good VN that are free and easily downloadable.
I found the forums simply via the original KS website.
I tried going on 4chan once and left 5 minutes later. I don't want to see what kind of monstrosity 9GAG is. 4chan is like all the angry and bad drivers in the world in a single website and given a voice.
Oh don't worry mate. 9gag is a website with funny pictures/gifs. It used to be funnier, but it still has some good posts. Good for when you are bored and can't play/read something. It's not even on 4chan's league. 9gag has been seeing KS pictures occasionally now, mostly April's Fools pranks. Which some people think are real :)

I'll admit I have been a lurker on 4chan for a lot longer that I have been frequenting 9gag, but the general atmosphere in 9gag is much lighter and friendlier.
Sometimes a fellow /b/rother likes to post some questionable content and most 9gaggers don't get the joke, and when some of the 4channers there explain it, most of them loose their shit.
Reading: Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami; Fractured - Karin Slaughter
Playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2; Far Cry 3; Dragon's Crown

Cat: "Where are you going?" Alice: "Which way should I go?"
Cat: "That depends on where you are going." Alice: "I don’t know."
Cat: "Then it doesn’t matter which way you go."