How'd you find yourself here?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Brodoin

Re: How'd you find yourself here?

Post by Brodoin »

Joined gaming site in 2010.

Spent two years on site, got 5,000+ posts.

Saw post on Katawa Shoujo, even big gamers were trying it.

Eventually gave in and downloaded it.

Really liked it.

Joined forum.
BobBobberson

Post by BobBobberson »

Lurked for a day after beating most of the routes

Shizune's route (specifically that one choice) got spoiled thanks to a random post I ran across

Registered day after because I got mad. OH well.
Wander

Post by Wander »

Read a review, dl'd the game, played for a few days, googled the forum, joined.
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

I got the game, got the 'Feels' Found the Forum.

Small World eh?
B.Deese wrote:There are two types of people, those who are ignorant, and those who are stupid, ignorant people do it wrong and don't know it's wrong, stupid people do it wrong and know it's wrong. Don't be Stupid!
Marching Band starts back up soon. HOO-AH!
MY CODE:
1-Every Day is a New Day! 2-Never Give Up 3-Never stop being Positive 4-Marching Band FTW! 5-Be Nice to everyone.
WorldlyWiseman

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

I first found KS when Play This Thing covered the demo way back when. Most normal games featuring grumbling space marines just don't do it for me anymore, so my tastes were getting weirder and weirder I played through the, got Emi and Rin's endings, and figured 'okay, I've played a visual novel at least once before I die, that's enough.' Years later, there's a dull roar going around the interwebs about the full game being released so I downloaded it and promptly forgot for two months.

The girl I'm seeing drops contact with me in the meantime, yeah it sucked but not a big deal, it'd only been going for a semester or less, but I'm alone and Valentine's day blew past me. I'm too drunk and tired to play anything but I'm stuck in my room. I suddenly remember that I downloaded this thing that didn't require any reflexes. I open up and install and weeks later I've gotten 100% completion and I deeply care about the plight of an armless girl who is also imaginary.

I go online to see what's being said about it, words like 'exotification' and 'exploitation' keep appearing, and I am confused. The game didn't seem THAT terrible. It has a soul, just not a terribly complicated one. I also happen to be several months too late to actually join in any of these discussion, so I put them to the side and look for someplace else to talk about it. All of the roads led to here and here I am.
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

I found my way here after i started watching a playthrough from a certain slightly famous youtube commentator. Was told the game was free, so i downloaded it and after completing it, i decided to see if there was a forum full of people feeling the same way i felt. Vuala.
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

ShadeHaven wrote:I found my way here after i started watching a playthrough from a certain slightly famous youtube commentator. Was told the game was free, so i downloaded it and after completing it, i decided to see if there was a forum full of people feeling the same way i felt. Voilà.
>.>
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

Mirrormn wrote:
ShadeHaven wrote:I found my way here after i started watching a playthrough from a certain slightly famous youtube commentator. Was told the game was free, so i downloaded it and after completing it, i decided to see if there was a forum full of people feeling the same way i felt. Voilà.
>.>
Facepalm. Oh god that's embarrassing. Its only been 3 months since French class ended. I didn't learn a damn thing.
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

I like the word Viola, It's my Favorite Instrument!

Oh wait, you said Voila didnt you?
B.Deese wrote:There are two types of people, those who are ignorant, and those who are stupid, ignorant people do it wrong and don't know it's wrong, stupid people do it wrong and know it's wrong. Don't be Stupid!
MY CODE:
1-Every Day is a New Day! 2-Never Give Up 3-Never stop being Positive 4-Marching Band FTW! 5-Be Nice to everyone.
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

Alexbond45 wrote:I like the word Viola, It's my Favorite Instrument!

Oh wait, you said Voila didnt you?
Viola? Viola...violan...violin. Wut?
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

Well, For a music lesson..
The Viola Is the Alto Instrument in the String Family, She is the ONLY instrument on the face of the earth that plays in Alto Clef as it's primary clef.
Play this with French Horn and Bass Guitar, and you get to read three clefs!
MY CODE:
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

Alexbond45 wrote:Well, For a music lesson..
The Viola Is the Alto Instrument in the String Family, She is the ONLY instrument on the face of the earth that plays in Alto Clef as it's primary clef.
Play this with French Horn and Bass Guitar, and you get to read three clefs!
As a drummer, I have no idea what you just said. I even played clarinet for a year, and I still have no idea what a clef is. I'm gonna guess that's bad.
Genesis

Post by Genesis »

Gym Leader Flannery posts about it quite a bit on Facebook... and here I am.
2 mile+ walk each day.
Days: 30
Days Missed: 1 (due to rain)
Paddy
Location: In wheat fields, which must be placed on the valley floor.

Post by Paddy »

Was surfing the Cheezburger Network. Saw the "I can count to potato" meme there. Then I saw "Katawa Shoujo" in their latest memes bracket. Read about it. Was shocked to see the words "4chan", "disabled girls", "positive reviews" and "compassionate" all in the same article. So I had to see what it was.

As for the forums? Well, at first I wanted to talk about it on a theological level with the folks over at the Catholic Answers forums. But I didn't know if I should, so I came here.
Last edited by Paddy on Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm weary of the railway,
Poor Paddy works on the railway.

Блажен муж, иже не иде на совет нечестивых.
Blessed is the man, who walks not in the counsel of the wicked. (Psalm 1:1)
Got questions about God, Christianity, or the Catholic Church?
Tilting Clock

Post by Tilting Clock »

Referred by a friend from work. He said 4chan, and I was naturally hesitant. Experienced the novel, and even though I was shouting at Hisao most of Hanako's route,knowing full well the selfishness inherent in a white knight's attitudes, I still felt utterly destroyed after completing the novel. The languor didn't let up for a few days, so I decided to take a look and see if the place had set up a community where I could talk about my experience. Voila.