How'd you find yourself here?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
Mysterious Stranger
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:57 pm
Location: Washington, D.C.

Re: How did you find KS/Initial response

Post by Mysterious Stranger » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:21 pm

Honestly?

This video.

The uploader, foreverpandering (real name Ken Ashcorp), used to make videos commentating on really god-awful Let's Players in an absolutely hysterical British gentleman villain voice (which you can sample here), but he has a bit of an otaku streak that has served to introduce me to the anime Puella Magi Madoka Magica, and of course, Katawa Shoujo. Great little tune for both Hanako and Lilly, though - the guy's quite talented.

In any case, that song is also what pushed me towards Lilly's path on my first playthrough, and I happened to get her good ending. I cried like a bitch, it was so beautiful. Cliched, but beautiful. I almost hated myself for being so fucking dramatic over a goddamn visual novel, but before discovering this game, I was so emotionally dead that I think I just had a lot of feelings bottled up, and KS happened to be the catalyst for expressing them.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |

User avatar
MoogleDee
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:01 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: How did you find KS/Initial response

Post by MoogleDee » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:38 pm

I saw the picture which is the origin of all things and heard about it being made into a VN. I kept an ear open to development, watched the blog, and installed the Act 1 demo (but didn't play it). Then one day, the full version was completed so I downloaded and installed it right away. I didn't play it until a month later though, as I was busy >_<* aaaand now, here I am.
Image
"...in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."

User avatar
HarvestmanMan
Posts: 285
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:35 pm
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, 'Murica
Contact:

Re: How did you find KS/Initial response

Post by HarvestmanMan » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:08 pm

Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2

User avatar
The_Dudinator
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:27 pm

Re: How did you find KS/Initial response

Post by The_Dudinator » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:27 pm

Mysterious Stranger wrote:Honestly?

This video.

The uploader, foreverpandering (real name Ken Ashcorp), used to make videos commentating on really god-awful Let's Players in an absolutely hysterical British gentleman villain voice (which you can sample here), but he has a bit of an otaku streak that has served to introduce me to the anime Puella Magi Madoka Magica, and of course, Katawa Shoujo. Great little tune for both Hanako and Lilly, though - the guy's quite talented.

In any case, that song is also what pushed me towards Lilly's path on my first playthrough, and I happened to get her good ending. I cried like a bitch, it was so beautiful. Cliched, but beautiful. I almost hated myself for being so fucking dramatic over a goddamn visual novel, but before discovering this game, I was so emotionally dead that I think I just had a lot of feelings bottled up, and KS happened to be the catalyst for expressing them.
Haha, I have that song as the ringtone on my phone :P
In Order Of Completion

Emi: 8.0 ----- Lilly: 10.0 ----- Hanako: 7.5 ----- Shizune: 8.5 ----- Rin: 9.0


Image

User avatar
Paul Atreides
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:31 pm

Re: How did you find KS/Initial response

Post by Paul Atreides » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:55 pm

In a Spanish forum, first they talked on the Comic/Manga section about some 4Chan members that were working on an unusual Visual Novel, and then on the General console gaming section when it finally came out. The positive feedback caught my interest and now i am here, finishing Rin's route.

User avatar
Mysterious Stranger
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:57 pm
Location: Washington, D.C.

Re: How did you find KS/Initial response

Post by Mysterious Stranger » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:00 pm

The_Dudinator wrote:Haha, I have that song as the ringtone on my phone :P
Forgive me, but I might end up stealing that idea. Although it might be a tad more ostentatious than Teatime, Fast Forward, which is what mine is currently set to.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |

User avatar
MoogleDee
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:01 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: How did you find KS/Initial response

Post by MoogleDee » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:07 pm

The_Dudinator wrote:
Mysterious Stranger wrote:Honestly?

This video.

The uploader, foreverpandering (real name Ken Ashcorp), used to make videos commentating on really god-awful Let's Players in an absolutely hysterical British gentleman villain voice (which you can sample here), but he has a bit of an otaku streak that has served to introduce me to the anime Puella Magi Madoka Magica, and of course, Katawa Shoujo. Great little tune for both Hanako and Lilly, though - the guy's quite talented.

In any case, that song is also what pushed me towards Lilly's path on my first playthrough, and I happened to get her good ending. I cried like a bitch, it was so beautiful. Cliched, but beautiful. I almost hated myself for being so fucking dramatic over a goddamn visual novel, but before discovering this game, I was so emotionally dead that I think I just had a lot of feelings bottled up, and KS happened to be the catalyst for expressing them.
Haha, I have that song as the ringtone on my phone :P
This song made me laugh a lot harder than I should have, and it's now on my phone as well.
Image
"...in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."

User avatar
AnotherKatawaShoujo
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:09 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: How did you find KS/Initial response

Post by AnotherKatawaShoujo » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:27 pm

The_Dudinator wrote:How/Where did you guys find/hear of this game for the first time? And what was your initial response when you knew what the game was about?
When I first heard about KS, it was through a few gamer/anime nerd friends of mine. Most of my close friends are male, so I wasn't terribly surprised to hear them talking about a new dating sim game with h-scenes in it. When they got to the "crippled" part of the description, I had an initial "wtf" reaction. ...But I had to see it for myself. This was sometime in.. 2010. I think the Act I preview was out. I watched a good friend go through some of it, helped pick a few of the choices, etc... I was surprised by how thoughtfully developed the game was. I found myself thinking that it was actually really cute, but not being that interested. Still, it seemed less like the "amputee fuck-fest" we all expected it to be.

Fast-forward to January 2012. The same mostly male group of friends was talking non-stop about KS. I got tired of not understanding references, missing KS inside jokes, and hearing "OMG YOU HAVE TO PLAY IT - GOOOOOOOO". I was also assured that the h-scenes were tasteful and not typical out-of-nowhere porn (which I now know to be true). So I downloaded it... and found myself playing to 100% completion. So very glad for the friends who told me about this game. I really loved it. I suppose that's obvious or else I wouldn't be here. At any rate, that's how I found out about it and how I came to enjoy it.
‎"Maybe I am that kind of a person. The kind that belongs only to herself."
Image

User avatar
dunkelfalke
Posts: 297
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:32 am
Location: Germany

Re: How did you find KS/Initial response

Post by dunkelfalke » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:58 am

An old pal recommended it to me, since he knew I was into visual novels and he saw that this one has got a lot of seeders on pirate bay. So I gave it a try, thought at first "ah, another of these school days visual novels, just with a twist", but soon enough I realised that it was the best romantic visual novel I ever read.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me

User avatar
BadMrFrostii
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:12 am
Location: My room, WV

Re: How did you find KS/Initial response

Post by BadMrFrostii » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:37 am

I seen the article that Destructoid posted!
It sounded awesome!
I had never heard of it anytime before, and I immediately wanted to play it, but I was kinda busy.
About four days ago, I finally started playing through it, and I can't stop.
I've only finished Lilly, and Emi, but the game so far is awesome!
More than glad I'm taking the time to play it.
It's my first game of this kind, and I must say I've found myself emotionally attached which is kind of odd to me because I've never been like this with anything else except for when I watched Elfen Lied :P.
Gouken: "We are like cherry blossoms, Ryu, meant to bloom gloriously, but only for a short time until our season has passed."
Akuma: "But for the weak, that season passes much sooner. For the weak, there is no glory!"

User avatar
newnar
Posts: 430
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:46 am
Location: A country that forces me to join the army

Re: How did you find KS/Initial response

Post by newnar » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:12 am

BadMrFrostii wrote:It's my first game of this kind, and I must say I've found myself emotionally attached which is kind of odd to me because I've never been like this with anything else except for when I watched Elfen Lied :P.
Brofisted.

I forgot exactly where but I saw some site on the internet advertising KS in late December last year, so I decided to pick it up as my first VN since I was just about to start on the genre anyway. And it's free both in terms of money and translations. Was abit of "wwwwwwwuuuuuuuuuuuutttttt???" when I read the synopsis but I didn't let that hold me back too much cause it was my virgin VN. Needless to say, it blew my mind.
I am a guy.
I sometimes talk like Rin Tezuka.
I am in love with Hanako Ikezawa.
NoOne3 wrote:Imagine a male Rin who secretly likes Hanako.
this
YES I AM. DEAL WITH IT.

User avatar
BadMrFrostii
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:12 am
Location: My room, WV

Re: How did you find KS/Initial response

Post by BadMrFrostii » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:08 am

newnar wrote: Brofisted.

Brofist returned, my good sir.
8)b
Gouken: "We are like cherry blossoms, Ryu, meant to bloom gloriously, but only for a short time until our season has passed."
Akuma: "But for the weak, that season passes much sooner. For the weak, there is no glory!"

User avatar
Tim_Servi
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:21 am

Re: How did you find KS/Initial response

Post by Tim_Servi » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:28 am

I found out about it from a good friend of mine who recommended it to me on the account of my questionable er..... interests...

This was around a few months after the demo was released and needless to say I was pretty hyped for the full thing afterward

I was prepared for faps, not emotions and new found optimism . He still wont get off my case about how I cried.

User avatar
Exbando
Posts: 122
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:47 am
Location: America's High-Five

Re: How did you find KS/Initial response

Post by Exbando » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:00 am

I found out about KS through a webcomic called Critical Miss. I'm so glad that I found it, too.
Hanako > Lilly = Emi > Shizune > Rin
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here
I have a fanfiction! It's pretty bad. I started another fanfic cause I'm stupid!

User avatar
FlyingPiranha
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:10 am

Re: How did you find KS/Initial response

Post by FlyingPiranha » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:05 am

Me and a bunch of gaming buddies have our own Facebook group, complete with chat, and out of the blue on of the guys started talking about KS. Then another, then another, until I finally got sick of them trying to convince me to play it and decided to check it out myself. I'm not entirely sure how they found it, though.
Obligatory "Order in Which I Beat the Routes" Signature:
Emi - Rin - Shizune - Lilly - Hanako


Currently struggling my way through writing my first fan fiction (or any fiction for that matter) in years.

Post Reply