How'd you find yourself here?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Pickles

Re: How'd you find yourself here?

Post by Pickles »

After a long hiatus, came back to /a/. Found a KS pun thread, became confused and intrigued. Found out about Shizune, and started wondering how she was depicted compared to a deaf co-worker/love-interest.

Lurked without posting up until the recently with the F@H team.

1 moderately good CPU, 1 8800gtx, 5 really OLD CPUs.
Partick_fissal

Post by Partick_fissal »

A thread on /v/ a wee while ago which was, ironically, actually very negative in the OP (it was either trolling or genuinely just someone who hated the game, its pretty much impossible unless its blatantly obvious CONSOLE WARZZZZZZ threads to tell between the two on there anymore) which made me intrigued since I hadn't seen it before (largely because I don't go to /a/)

Used my amazing sleuthing powers (by which I mean common sense and google, rather than just posting "ZOMG SAUCE PLS" in the thread on it), downloaded it and haven't looked back since.
If any of you understand what the hell my name is about/referring to, I will love you forever.
Vysetron

Post by Vysetron »

My story is similar to the above, but a bit more embarassing. I accidentally (swear to god, it was a mistake) clicked on the link to /d/ on 4chan. That board and I do NOT have a good history, so I was about to leave, but the top thread was intriguing in that it was a "/d/ humor" page, and knowing how weird the things they're into are I thought it could be entertaining.
It was, by the way.
At one point someone posted the famed omake page that inspired Katawa Shoujo, another person whined for the source, and with a little Google-fu I found this.
That was a while back. I've been lurking for...some time now. Too long.
Hmm.
Animemike

Post by Animemike »

A mate told me about the game !
so played the game loved it and here i am Image
400xsomething :D
Azuell

Post by Azuell »

I went to the game section of Fakku.net and found it there. Gotta say I'm glad I did.
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

I watched an anime series based on a Visual Novel, read about Visual Novels, learned about KS, bookmarked it, forgot about it, went to /a/, saw them talking about the KS demo, didn't know what they were talking about, remembered, shat bricks, played demo, signed up for forums.
DuaneMoody

Post by DuaneMoody »

The original RAITA pic was posted on more than just /a/, because I know when I first saw it (years ago) I never spent time outside /co/, /g/ and /ck/.

I'm really, really foggy on when it was that I first saw it, though, and I had no idea there was a push to actually develop a game until shortly before the demo was released. By that point the news was spilling across multiple boards on 4chan and it was hard not to know about it, especially on a site which reveres hating things. The KS website made it obvious this wasn't going to be "Stumpy Fuck-fest," and the art looked good, so I DLed it and was impressed at the amount of work that went into it.
Frigo

Post by Frigo »

http://i30.tinypic.com/1dzh8m.png

This is how.

As for the original image, I think I found it somewhere on /b/.
Anyone who disagrees with me is a nazi.
<Anon?>XD

Post by <Anon?>XD »

XD..was too bored, googled, found fakku, found games, found this.. sure, i was skeptical at it being non-hentai..but afterwards, hell, i love this VN.. really hope the production goes smoothly, waiting time for release may be long, but thats the thrill of waiting.. the amount of excitement when it fully releases.. anyway..this is one hell of a great VN.. *THUMBS UP FOR THE WORLD*
Ninjask

Post by Ninjask »

I was reading manga, then I went to the group that makes the scanlation , and they have a poll about the game. http://musashi.nyaatorrents.org/

Misha is really popular there. :lol:
GarrettSchwing

Post by GarrettSchwing »

Haha! A personal reccomendation from a friend is what inspired me to commune here. I've still yet to find out his account name... But, one day I hope to find him in this wasteland of forum boards...

I'll never give up the search...
Sleepycat

Post by Sleepycat »

I stumbled upon a Rin picture on some anime-image site, i took a quick look at some other and finally read the source. I googled it and here i am.
Ifritsparda

Post by Ifritsparda »

I was actually getting my lulz on Encyclopedia Dramatica, and eventually I got to the Katawa Shoujo page. The idea of a serious VN being developed by 4channers interested me, so I came to this site. Now, I'm writng an Act 1 guide for the demo, which I hope I'll eventually be able to extend to a full guide once the game comes out.
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

I saw it mentioned on a completely unrelated thread in the TvTropes forum.
Annoyingvideochar

Post by Annoyingvideochar »

I heard of it a month or so ago, completely ignored it back then (My immature reason being: "It looks like shitty anime crap, I hate anime"). This, of course, would bite at me as I kept thinking "It looks interesting." "Maybe it could be fun." "Can't hurt to play it." Downloaded the demo off a mirror site (Because I couldn't download it from here, at all) and enjoyed it. Took back what I said about the game and lurked the forums till I joined up today.