How'd you find yourself here?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Potato

Re: How'd you find yourself here?

Post by Potato »

SpunkySix wrote:
Potato wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:Hm... it's really okay then?
No, it's really not. It's terrible, actually. In fact, you know who else played more than one route? Hitler.

:lol: It's fiction, man. Of course it's okay. I'd also go for all endings per route (two each, three each for Rin and Hanako, plus one for Kenji), gives a better perspective on the characters and such.
Heh, good point. I don't know about all the endings though, I don't think my heart can take all of that sad.
It can. :P Just mix it in with the happy.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Yeah, if you really like the girls, you'll also want to know about their less happy sides.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Guest Poster wrote:Yeah, if you really like the girls, you'll also want to know about their less happy sides.
Oooookay. I'll just have to have it in my head that they're just hypotheticals then. I can't have breaking their precious little fictional hearts on my conscious.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Denabu

Post by Denabu »

I found myself here thanks to the people I watch on youtube and 4chan. Jesse Cox (omfgcata) made a video about Katawa Shoujo a while back and I thought nothing of it when I saw his video, and then I saw all these KS threads showing up on 4chan.

I was interested and very very wary of it, not due to the disabilities, but due to it spawning from 4chan. I've never been a big reader (I've never enjoyed reading a book since I was in about 5th grade, now 24 years old), so I wasn't expecting to be pulled into it that much, let alone the fact that it was a romance thing. I was thoroughly surprised and extremely glad that I found this VN. I've finished KS and that made me want to look into other VNs. I've now finished 'Don't take it personally babe, it just ain't your story' and Grisaia No Kajitsu, and I'm now working on the MuvLuv series. I still boot up KS every day and listen to a few tracks, giving me chills down my spine every time.
~Once you pop, the feels don't stop~

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Denabu wrote:I found myself here thanks to the people I watch on youtube and 4chan. Jesse Cox (omfgcata) made a video about Katawa Shoujo a while back and I thought nothing of it when I saw his video, and then I saw all these KS threads showing up on 4chan.

I was interested and very very wary of it, not due to the disabilities, but due to it spawning from 4chan. I've never been a big reader (I've never enjoyed reading a book since I was in about 5th grade, now 24 years old), so I wasn't expecting to be pulled into it that much, let alone the fact that it was a romance thing. I was thoroughly surprised and extremely glad that I found this VN. I've finished KS and that made me want to look into other VNs. I've now finished 'Don't take it personally babe, it just ain't your story' and Grisaia No Kajitsu, and I'm now working on the MuvLuv series. I still boot up KS every day and listen to a few tracks, giving me chills down my spine every time.
Sometimes 4chan is evil, but when they do something right, it's generally amazing.
sanduba

Post by sanduba »

There is a thread about KS in 4chan every time I go there.
Best story:
Hanako > Rin > Lilly > Emi > Shizune

best girl:
Lilly > Shizune > Emi > Hanako > Rin

Eh, that's my opinion.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Sometimes 4chan is evil, but when they do something right, it's generally amazing.
Though I should add it was 4LS who made KS and not 4chan. Not to completely deny them credit, of course. Creating a story or a VN is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration and I'm more than willing to credit 4chan with the inspiration part...but it's also probably tinier than the average "4chan made KS"-statement would imply.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

sanduba wrote:There is a thread about KS in 4chan every time I go there.
I wish I could just figure out what's going on half the time, then I'd contribute :L
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Topham

Post by Topham »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
I wish I could just figure out what's going on half the time, then I'd contribute :L
It's really simply just a giant circlejerk. It shouldn't be hard to join if you've already been on /b/ long enough to get the gist of what goes on there.
SpunkySix wrote:Sometimes 4chan is evil, but when they do something right, it's generally amazing.
I learned about KS through the average circlejerk threads, actually. I tried joining in and asking for someone to send me a folder of a character for me to use, and someone gave me a Hanako folder. Not knowing the character, I looked her up and found the game.
Guest Poster wrote:Though I should add it was 4LS who made KS and not 4chan.
I thought 4LS was formed from people on 4chan.
                                        I miss her.

Rin>Suzu>Hanako>Misha>Emi>Lilly>Shizune
Haven't done Lilly's route yet, and have only done good endings so far.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Topham wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
Topham wrote:It's really simply just a giant circlejerk. It shouldn't be hard to join if you've already been on /b/ long enough to get the gist of what goes on there.

Hmmm, I've been there for 3 years (3 years too long I sometimes feel...) so maybe it's more just that I don't WANT to know what's going on half the time. I thought there was some kind of convoluted fanfic-style story arc that's been created, but if it's just a circlejerk then... meh. If I wanna circlejerk, I'll circlejerk here :p
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Potato

Post by Potato »

Topham wrote:I thought 4LS was formed from people on 4chan.
Yup. But those people aren't 4chan, are they?
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Topham

Post by Topham »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:Hmmm, I've been there for 3 years (3 years too long I sometimes feel...) so maybe it's more just that I don't WANT to know what's going on half the time. I thought there was some kind of convoluted fanfic-style story arc that's been created, but if it's just a circlejerk then... meh. If I wanna circlejerk, I'll circlejerk here :p
Well, the other boards probably would have better circlejerks (take /vg/'s KS general, /ksg/, for example; much better than KS/b/ in comparison), but CJing gets kinda stale after some time. Take my word for it, I'm a former /b/ drawfag and CJer in /ksg/.
Potato wrote:
Ohhh, that's what you've meant. People (both outside and inside 4chan) do forget that there is a distinction between site and user, if that makes sense.
                                        I miss her.

Rin>Suzu>Hanako>Misha>Emi>Lilly>Shizune
Haven't done Lilly's route yet, and have only done good endings so far.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I thought 4LS was formed from people on 4chan.
That's actually a generalisation. Only some of the developers ever hung out on 4chan.

Point is: people often like to pretend that 4chan (or even B) had a temporary fit of sanity that resulted in the brilliance that is KS. That never happened. In the beginning, the "development area" was on there and open to everyone and lots of ideas were thrown around, but it wasn't until some people took the project out of the public area and onto a private forum (thus away from 4chan and onto the 4LS team) that the project had a future.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:
But I thought 4chan was legion?
valoth

Post by valoth »

A youtuber named xXSlyFoxHoundXx played the game after fans on twitter told him about it. After i read the comments, a lot of people said the game was really emotional, so i tried it out. Needless to say i loved it.