How'd you find yourself here?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

funnynel42

Re: How'd you find yourself here?

Post by funnynel42 »

I was looking for a game that has a good story, and through some long hours of searching inline, I found it.
It was amazing. First I tried to the Lilly route, but ended up with Rin. The second time was with Emi, and I'm finally busy with Lilly.
My deviantArt page: www.funnynel42.deviantart.com
GTalk: funnynel42@gmail.com (Feel free to add me if you want to.)
udscbt

Post by udscbt »

Xanatos wrote:
udscbt wrote:I read a thread about it on /b/. Impressive how I found something so beautiful in something so... /b/.
Your biggest mistake was ever being on /b/ in the first place.
I know, but I don't know why I keep coming back there (even if not very often).
I think I find it interesting despite it being mostly disgusting... it's like studing animals eating each others in a jungle.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

funnynel42 wrote:I'm finally busy with Lilly.
Oh, you don't know the half of it...Let's just say she's got a very..."healthy"...drive. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
CFC Kyle
Location: Why do you wanna know? YOU GONNA STALK ME, PUNK?! Okay, I'm in Britain.

How did you find KS?

Post by CFC Kyle »

Being a fan of the VN, when I came across it I found myself wondering, 'Why have I never heard of this masterpiece before?'
I'm just curious to hear how everyone else came across it. Personally I found it accidentally whilst searching something on google, a Rule34 result popped up and I saw in the short page description people talking about Katawa Shoujo and how good it was. Needless to say I have never looked back.
I just love these quotes. Got a problem with that?!
Xanatos wrote:Everyone should be portrayed by Nicolas Cage.
ZXNova wrote:Comforting Misha will lead you to piercing the heavens.
neio

Re: How did you find KS?

Post by neio »

I think I found it via FunnyJunk...
Recommended fics: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route | Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) | Can You Open Your Heart? (Rika)

(New) Movie contest: From which 2012 film did I mangle this quote? Prize: Humble Bundle
You're worried about the Nurse? Try the mom.
Hans PK
Location: I'm trapped in your device please please help me oh god oh god

Post by Hans PK »

I was browsing TVTropes, saw this, looked it up on Wikipedia, and said, "What the fuck, internet?" God then punished me with a cold, and my sickness-addled brain was freaking out. "Jesus fuck there is nothing to dooooooo! If I try to read a book, I'd just end up sneezing all over it. Oh hey, wait, what about that cripple-fucking game, the one I thought was goddamn creepy? Yeah, I should totally play that."
The rest is history.
What is there left to say?
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Read my sig.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

The newspaper. :3
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Merloficus

Post by Merloficus »

^??? I beg your pardon? :)

A friend of mine introduced me to the visual novel genre. Never did anything with it though.
Then stumbeld on a 'FanFriday' episode from Jesse Cox on youtube, in which he was playing Katawa Shoujo. It only lasted for about 30ish minutes and he never got anywhere in it. But that precious bit of time was enough for me to want to play it myself. First time i ever did something like that.
And so i read my first visual novel :)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Found it during a search after finishing Cosplay Fetish Academy.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Heatman

Post by Heatman »

There's animator I follow on twitter and he pretended to be Misha, I then looked up Misha, And just knew the name "Katawa Shoujo". After I saw a Steam friend play it I decided to try it.
My only regret in life is being a zippo.
bpgbcg

Post by bpgbcg »

I found it via the Metadating episodes on it. I thought it seemed pretty interesting and well-written from the small amount of it that was displayed in those episodes, so I decided to try it.
Piano music for the KS soundtrack; I've done a few transcriptions which are on page 43 of that thread. Also, I wrote a musical theme for Scissorlips' amazing Suzu pseudo-route, which I then recorded here.
Lunchbox

Post by Lunchbox »

Deviant Art. I happened upon a picture of Rin a week after the demo came out and decided to find out about this mysterious girl with no arms. I downloaded it and played it until the sun came up. You could say that KS made me the person I am today. I didn't even know what a visual novel was at the time. Now I have three I need to finish.
Eraser35

Post by Eraser35 »

GameFAQs back when it was on the top 10 most wanted FAQs and the top 10 message boards for PC
BananaPudding

Post by BananaPudding »

While hanging around on pony imageboards a bunch of people would post KS characters like an avatar (mostly rin, I think) I knew absolutely nothing about the game other than that it was a visual novel and there was a pretty substantial fanbase for it

It's a little embarrassing but I'll say it anyways, while looking for fap material I came across KiraKira and started playing it (boy was that a different experience than I was expecting) after getting super emotionally attatched to that game and 100%ing it I remembered that other visual novel I heard about that all those people liked, "Katawa Shoujo"

tbh I didn't even really know it was about disabled girls until Hisao started going to Yamaku :b
Completion order: Emi->Lily->Shizune->Hanako->Rin
Feels order: Emi->lily/Hanako->Rin->Shizune