How'd you find yourself here?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

DuaneMoody

Re: How'd you find yourself here?

Post by DuaneMoody »

Saw RAITA's image (the translated, colored one) on 4chan years ago. Found a link to the PC demo months ago somewhere but didn't make it much farther than Hisao collapsing during the intro. When the official demo came out with a Mac version I downloaded it and all was lost.
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

like lots of people, I got here because of 4chan, found the pic on /d/ a long time ago and was always kinda interested. what would playing a game like that really be like? when I heard that some guys from 4chan were actually going to make the game, I totally expected it to suck, like it'd be one of those shitty Newgrounds dating sims kind of things. when I found the blog, I started to think I was wrong, and when I played the demo, holy shit, I got hooked. can't wait for the full version.

bummer is that when I first saw that the demo was downloadable, it was in the morning before work, so I had to go the whole day wondering what it was going to be like and wishing I could play. :mrgreen:
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
...I?

Post by ...I? »

First time i heard about Katawa Shoujo was from Sankaku Complex, and i thought to myself, "Wow, this doesn't look half bad, I might do so more looking up on it later."
A few days later, i saw something on Fakku about a Q&A of KS, so then it hit me, "Time to be apart of this!" and so i did, and i am.

!
gudini

Post by gudini »

Lurking the internetz for others VNs in ren'py style. Dunno how many links took me to arrive to the Main page, but soon i bookmarked because i wanted to try the game once it came out public. Later, i saw in sankaku that the demo was released, so i decided to check it, and so here i am.
atat

Post by atat »

I forgot
Nixons back!!!!
Squirg

Post by Squirg »

Fakku
callmeemo

Post by callmeemo »

Squirg wrote:Fakku
Ditto.
"From far away, it looks like someone vomited a herd of butterflies on the wall."
Zero_kun

Post by Zero_kun »

callmeemo wrote:
Squirg wrote:Fakku
Ditto.
Me three
Layzuhl

Post by Layzuhl »

/a/
OtakuMegane

Post by OtakuMegane »

Way back in 2007 someone posted the translated and colored sketch page on /b/. Fukken saved of course. :D I rarely visited others aside from /d/ so I had no idea there was an actual project underway. So over a year I wondered from time to time if maybe it would be done someday. Then last year I come across a link to the website and hell yeah, it was actually being made! Was obviously going to be a while so I dropped by once a month or so for a brief glance at status. And sure enough, a week ago I come by and finally thar be a demo!
Lilly > Hanako > Misha > Yuuko > Emi > Rin > Shizune

<OtakuMegane> sdfgegervdrtt456rth?
<A22> who are you
<A22> yeah fuck it you have otaku in your name
<A22> the dislike just comes naturally
<OtakuMegane> :D
<A22> shu tup
abscess

Post by abscess »

I read about it a long time ago, but lost track of it because of lack of interest. Then someone in the mirrormoon site (replicated or something, I think) posted something and I was like "eeeh, I've got nothing to lose". Now I'm thankful for that post!
Siiiiigh....
kslover

Post by kslover »

Layzuhl wrote:/a/
woot woot son
all of which makes me anxious, at times unbearably so
wir sind wir
REJECT FALSE ICONS!
if you're losing your soul and know it then you still have a soul to lose.
its better to light a candle than complain about the dark.
NichtDu

Post by NichtDu »

Facepunch :D
Someone posted a picture of KS in the "LMAO Pictures Thread" xD
Seroanth

Post by Seroanth »

I came here thanks to the influence of Facepunch. To be honest I was kind-of sceptic at first, I mean the thread title is "a 4chan-derived visual novel about crippled chicks" naturally the, how shall I put this... Different thread title piqued my interest. I read through the first post, and really, I only downloaded it for the heck of it. I played through it once, paying attention to every word along the way, and I just went back and bookmarked the thread. The bad thing was that the facepunch thread was not enough for my suddenly found love for the characters and game, so I went on the devblog. After noticing that there wasn't really that much discussion going on there neither, I googled "Katawa Shoujo forums" and ended up right here.
Spoon

Post by Spoon »

4chan. I saw the original omake image on /a/ a long time ago, and that piqued my interest. Then when /v/ started talking about it a few weeks ago, and here I am.
"Sometimes I sit for hours weighing the fine distinctions between spunk, pluck, balls, nerve, chutzpah, gall, and moxie."