what book is the main character reading?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

atat

what book is the main character reading?

Post by atat »

What book is the main character reading in the the 'creative pains' chapter. The one about 'drinking beer for a couple of weeks?'
Nixons back!!!!
Totz the Plaid

Re: what book is the main character reading?

Post by Totz the Plaid »

Not entirely sure. There are a number of books I know of that could be it, and probably more that I'm not familiar with, but the immediate thought is that it might be "Finnegans Wake" by James Joyce. Not sure about the 'couple weeks' bit, but it's basically about going from bar to bar to celebrate a wake... I think? I dunno. That's certainly ONE interpretation of that mess of near gibberish. Also, the scene IS on Rin's path, remember, so you'd almost need a Hisao that can parse the kind of thought processes that went into that novel to get where Rin's coming from.

Okay, so I haven't read "Finnegans Wake" myself (barely even got through a few pages of "Ulysses" and that's far more sane as far as prose goes), but I've heard of a holiday in Ireland where people bar-hop along the same path as the characters in the novel do, and I've heard that interpretation, so along with the whole "Rin's thought process" thing, it seems to fit?

Just a guess.
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do." - The Doctor, Doctor Who
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

I think it would technically be possible to find out what book it is, if you follow the correct leads and do the correct logical jumps, but I reckon it'd be pretty hard.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Not that I read it, but maybe it's this... :D
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

Aura wrote:I think it would technically be possible to find out what book it is, if you follow the correct leads and do the correct logical jumps, but I reckon it'd be pretty hard.
I can recall you saying the name of the novel yourself, however now that I'm looking for it I can't find it.

Mysterious.
atat

Post by atat »

why anyone would be coy about this is beyond me. I'm just asking a simple question.
Nixons back!!!!