Recommend a VN

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
AaronIsCrunchy
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:28 pm
Location: Portsmouth, floating.

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by AaronIsCrunchy » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:10 am

SpunkySix wrote:Somebody recommended Fate/Stay a while back, and now I have the means to play/read it. Is it long enough where I should finish KS first, or could I zip through it and then get back to Shizune?
Zip through it? Nah, not if you wanna do it properly, even if the odd bit does drag on SLIGHTLY too long. Do Shizune's route first (still can't see why it's slated so much :L) and get onto F/S.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.


User avatar
SpunkySix
Posts: 2858
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:03 pm
Location: Lost in thought... somewhere.

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by SpunkySix » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:07 am

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:Somebody recommended Fate/Stay a while back, and now I have the means to play/read it. Is it long enough where I should finish KS first, or could I zip through it and then get back to Shizune?
Zip through it? Nah, not if you wanna do it properly, even if the odd bit does drag on SLIGHTLY too long. Do Shizune's route first (still can't see why it's slated so much :L) and get onto F/S.
Okie doke, I will.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"

User avatar
Tyrael
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:32 pm

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by Tyrael » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:11 am

If you find yourself enjoying Fate/Stay Night you should also definitely check out Fate/Hollow Ataraxia. It's a sequel... kind of.

Anyways, it's excellent.

User avatar
Steinherz
Posts: 2095
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:06 am
Location: New England

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by Steinherz » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:34 pm

SpunkySix wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:Somebody recommended Fate/Stay a while back, and now I have the means to play/read it. Is it long enough where I should finish KS first, or could I zip through it and then get back to Shizune?
Zip through it? Nah, not if you wanna do it properly, even if the odd bit does drag on SLIGHTLY too long. Do Shizune's route first (still can't see why it's slated so much :L) and get onto F/S.
Okie doke, I will.
Beware. Nasu's writing for the H-scenes is notoriously bad Mollusks? Really?
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.

User avatar
SpunkySix
Posts: 2858
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:03 pm
Location: Lost in thought... somewhere.

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by SpunkySix » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:27 pm

Steinherz wrote:Beware. Nasu's writing for the H-scenes is notoriously bad Mollusks? Really?
Heh, will do. I'm just in it to Rin it, honestly.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"

azumeow
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:04 am

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by azumeow » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:30 pm

Steinherz wrote: Beware. Nasu's writing for the H-scenes is notoriously bad Mollusks? Really?
As much as I want to defend based Nasu, this is 100% true. Remember, jam it in her vagoo.

Jam it in her vagoo, Shirou, because you lack that much of an understanding of sex that you needed the virgin King Arthur to fucking explain it to you.
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"

User avatar
Steinherz
Posts: 2095
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:06 am
Location: New England

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by Steinherz » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:44 pm

SpunkySix wrote:
Steinherz wrote:Beware. Nasu's writing for the H-scenes is notoriously bad Mollusks? Really?
Heh, will do. I'm just in it to Rin it, honestly.
Rin goes totally dere during that. And only there :lol:
azumeow wrote:
Steinherz wrote: Beware. Nasu's writing for the H-scenes is notoriously bad Mollusks? Really?
As much as I want to defend based Nasu, this is 100% true. Remember, jam it in her vagoo.

Jam it in her vagoo, Shirou, because you lack that much of an understanding of sex that you needed the virgin King Arthur to fucking explain it to you.
And you can't forget this doozy:
Image
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.

User avatar
Charmant
Posts: 564
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:00 pm

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by Charmant » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:32 am

azumeow wrote:based Nasu
Is that different from Nasu?

User avatar
Tyrael
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:32 pm

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by Tyrael » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:53 am

Charmant wrote:
azumeow wrote:based Nasu
Is that different from Nasu?
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/based-god

8)

User avatar
Charmant
Posts: 564
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:00 pm

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by Charmant » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:17 pm

Tyrael wrote:
Charmant wrote:
azumeow wrote:based Nasu
Is that different from Nasu?
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/based-god

8)
So Nasu is a rapper and/or coke addict. I get it. In any case, it can't be worse writing than replacing any and all references to dicks with vegetables. :lol:

User avatar
SpunkySix
Posts: 2858
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:03 pm
Location: Lost in thought... somewhere.

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by SpunkySix » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:32 am

Wait, you're supposed to put it in the vagoo? Then, wait...

Oh wow, suddenly the sex scenes in KS make a lot more sense. I thought Hisao was putting it in the third backside hole.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"

User avatar
AaronIsCrunchy
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:28 pm
Location: Portsmouth, floating.

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by AaronIsCrunchy » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:58 am

Steinherz wrote: Beware. Nasu's writing for the H-scenes is notoriously bad Mollusks? Really?
By notoriously bad I presume you mean unbelievably hilarious?
SpunkySix wrote:Wait, you're supposed to put it in the vagoo? Then, wait...

Oh wow, suddenly the sex scenes in KS make a lot more sense. I thought Hisao was putting it in the third backside hole.
It would have explained that face Hanako was making...
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.


User avatar
Mythic
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:56 am

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by Mythic » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:42 am

Suriko wrote: Planetarian - a short dystopian story, AND THE ONLY KEY GAME I'D SAY IS GOOD.
Image
Vidi, vici, veni.

User avatar
SpunkySix
Posts: 2858
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:03 pm
Location: Lost in thought... somewhere.

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by SpunkySix » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:20 am

Mythic wrote:
Suriko wrote: Planetarian - a short dystopian story
that will make you feel terrible all day long.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"

User avatar
AaronIsCrunchy
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:28 pm
Location: Portsmouth, floating.

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by AaronIsCrunchy » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:09 pm

SpunkySix wrote:
Mythic wrote:
Suriko wrote: Planetarian - a short dystopian story
that will make you feel terrible all day long.
I wanna try this one. For emotions and shit.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.


Post Reply