Recommend a VN

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
Flutterz
Posts: 230
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:40 am

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by Flutterz » Sun May 19, 2013 12:31 pm

OtakuNinja wrote:There are some interesting new animes this summer, though. :) And that is not a troll, I saw it on a legimate website... Which I currently can't remember the name of.
Well, until you remember the website and can show its legitimacy, I won't trust a chart that says "We do not take responsibility for those guillable enough to take this chart seriously". :P I mean, they can't even spell "gullible" right. :lol:
Image
Completed VNs: VNDB
Currently Reading: ef- a fairy tale of the two

User avatar
Steinherz
Posts: 2095
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:06 am
Location: New England

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by Steinherz » Sun May 19, 2013 2:06 pm

I've recently obtained Fate/Stay Night.
Is it as good as people say?
Last edited by Steinherz on Sun May 19, 2013 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.

User avatar
OtakuNinja
Posts: 1417
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:42 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by OtakuNinja » Sun May 19, 2013 2:07 pm

I promise it's real this time! Some of the animes have even begun airing. :lol:
Image
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer

User avatar
Flutterz
Posts: 230
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:40 am

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by Flutterz » Sun May 19, 2013 2:32 pm

Steinherz wrote:I've recently obtained Fate/Stay Night.
Is it as good as people say?
Yeah, it's really good. :)
OtakuNinja wrote:I promise it's real this time! Some of the animes have even begun airing. :lol:
Well, you know what they say: "The best lies carry an element of truth". :lol:
Image
Completed VNs: VNDB
Currently Reading: ef- a fairy tale of the two

User avatar
OtakuNinja
Posts: 1417
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:42 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by OtakuNinja » Sun May 19, 2013 3:14 pm

Flutterz wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:I promise it's real this time! Some of the animes have even begun airing. :lol:
Well, you know what they say: "The best lies carry an element of truth". :lol:
It also contained the dates and amount of episodes. :wink:
Image
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer

User avatar
Flutterz
Posts: 230
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:40 am

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by Flutterz » Sun May 19, 2013 4:06 pm

OtakuNinja wrote: It also contained the dates and amount of episodes. :wink:
Obviously the larger the element of truth, the better hidden the lie is. :P
Image
Completed VNs: VNDB
Currently Reading: ef- a fairy tale of the two

User avatar
OtakuNinja
Posts: 1417
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:42 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by OtakuNinja » Sun May 19, 2013 4:48 pm

Flutterz wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote: It also contained the dates and amount of episodes. :wink:
Obviously the larger the element of truth, the better hidden the lie is. :P
And the less likely it is that the interesting animes are trolls. ;)
Image
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer

User avatar
Flutterz
Posts: 230
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:40 am

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by Flutterz » Sun May 19, 2013 5:54 pm

OtakuNinja wrote:And the less likely it is that the interesting animes are trolls. ;)
Alright then, why is it that I can't find any information whatsoever on a CrossChannel anime, besides this chart? :P Because that is honestly by far the most interesting thing on the chart for me, since I'm more of a VN person than an Anime one and I already knew that Refrain was coming at some point.
Image
Completed VNs: VNDB
Currently Reading: ef- a fairy tale of the two

User avatar
OtakuNinja
Posts: 1417
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:42 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by OtakuNinja » Sun May 19, 2013 6:41 pm

Flutterz wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:And the less likely it is that the interesting animes are trolls. ;)
Alright then, why is it that I can't find any information whatsoever on a CrossChannel anime, besides this chart? :P Because that is honestly by far the most interesting thing on the chart for me, since I'm more of a VN person than an Anime one and I already knew that Refrain was coming at some point.
Higurashi is getting a new season this year. It's a parody one, sadly. :(
Image
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer

User avatar
Nobody in Particular
Posts: 271
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Nowhere in particular

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by Nobody in Particular » Mon May 20, 2013 6:53 am

OtakuNinja wrote:I promise it's real this time! Some of the animes have even begun airing. :lol:
You've probably already realised by now, but that's definitely a troll chart. Here is the real chart if you're curious. Only VN adaption on there is Dangan Ronpa, although I guess the magical girl Ilya thing counts by proxy.

Overall the season doesn't look especially that good, which is a shame considering how great the current one is.
Steinherz wrote:I've recently obtained Fate/Stay Night.
Is it as good as people say?
If you have a lot of time on your hands, then yes, it is very good. A must-play for anyone into the VN medium.

stanman237
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:48 pm

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by stanman237 » Mon May 20, 2013 6:59 am

I'm interested in the Ano Hana movie. I wonder how that is going to turn out

User avatar
mateh1
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 7:05 am

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by mateh1 » Mon May 20, 2013 7:08 am

hmm.. there's an anime that's just aired recently, and my friends said that it's amazing..
I believe it's called Shingeki no Kyojin.. is it any good? :?
Image
Can you face your fears?

User avatar
Nobody in Particular
Posts: 271
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Nowhere in particular

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by Nobody in Particular » Mon May 20, 2013 7:19 am

mateh1 wrote:hmm.. there's an anime that's just aired recently, and my friends said that it's amazing..
I believe it's called Shingeki no Kyojin.. is it any good? :?
It's pretty good, given its huge popularity you may as well give it a try. Kind of like Muv-Luv Alternative meets Sword Art Online.

User avatar
mateh1
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 7:05 am

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by mateh1 » Mon May 20, 2013 7:31 am

Nobody in Particular wrote:
mateh1 wrote:hmm.. there's an anime that's just aired recently, and my friends said that it's amazing..
I believe it's called Shingeki no Kyojin.. is it any good? :?
It's pretty good, given its huge popularity you may as well give it a try. Kind of like Muv-Luv Alternative meets Sword Art Online.
then I might give it a try then.. :?
thx for the opinion :D
Image
Can you face your fears?

User avatar
OtakuNinja
Posts: 1417
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:42 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by OtakuNinja » Mon May 20, 2013 5:19 pm

Nobody in Particular wrote: Here is the real chart if you're curious
I realised the one I was talking about was the spring chart. Thanks for the summer chart though. :)
Image
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer

Post Reply