Recommend a VN

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

acewing905

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by acewing905 »

Got through Muv Luv Extra and Muv Luv Unlimited. They were actually pretty good. Not super amazing, but highly enjoyable. At this rate, Alternative better blow my mind, considering the difference of the general opinions surrounding it and Extra/Unlimited.
TheSongofRaven

Post by TheSongofRaven »

For me, the good VN so far is...

1. Kara no Shoujou
2. G string no Maou
3. Snow Sakura
4. Crescendo
5. Fate/Stay Night
6. Sharin no Kuni

I always see a VN from its nature of story and characterization. Altough that i prefer slice of life genre like Katawa Shoujo :D .
"I believe everything like horse race. When you are lose, simply ride the horse again and face any challange"
Twitter : @GrimPointman, Skype : steven.yehezkiel6791
BobBobberson

Post by BobBobberson »

If you're looking for a satirical parody of VNs, try My Girlfriend is the President. It's fucking retarded, but it's hilarious.
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

DONE with Muv Luv Alternative. Oh... Mah... GAWD! Mind = Blown. It was so good that I don't know whether to feel happy or sad... Feeling numb right now. And I can say for sure that a lot of what Muv Luv Alternative is because of what Muv Luv Extra and Muv Luv Unlimited was. They're not "bad". They were intended to be like that. I'm positive about that. Now I think I'll go cry in a corner because Altered Fable hasn't been translated.
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

acewing905 wrote:DONE with Muv Luv Alternative. Oh... Mah... GAWD! Mind = Blown. It was so good that I don't know whether to feel happy or sad... Feeling numb right now. And I can say for sure that a lot of what Muv Luv Alternative is because of what Muv Luv Extra and Muv Luv Unlimited was. They're not "bad". They were intended to be like that. I'm positive about that. Now I think I'll go cry in a corner because Altered Fable hasn't been translated.
I reason why I'm learning Japanese is so I can mock all the people crying in corners at their inability to read awesome things. Of course, my backlog will become an all-devouring black hole, but that's not important.
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

encrypted12345 wrote:
acewing905 wrote:DONE with Muv Luv Alternative. Oh... Mah... GAWD! Mind = Blown. It was so good that I don't know whether to feel happy or sad... Feeling numb right now. And I can say for sure that a lot of what Muv Luv Alternative is because of what Muv Luv Extra and Muv Luv Unlimited was. They're not "bad". They were intended to be like that. I'm positive about that. Now I think I'll go cry in a corner because Altered Fable hasn't been translated.
I reason why I'm learning Japanese is so I can mock all the people crying in corners at their inability to read awesome things. Of course, my backlog will become an all-devouring black hole, but that's not important.
I've started learning recently myself. But still a total noob. *sigh* I wish they wrote everything in hiragana. :(
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

encrypted12345 wrote:
So does that mean I can mock all of you who can't read/understand them right now...?
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

Megumeru wrote:
encrypted12345 wrote: I reason why I'm learning Japanese is so I can mock all the people crying in corners at their inability to read awesome things. Of course, my backlog will become an all-devouring black hole, but that's not important.
So does that mean I can mock all of you who can't read/understand them right now...?
Sure, go ahead. I'll just go mope in a corner and cry while you play Muramasa or something.
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

encrypted12345 wrote:Sure, go ahead. I'll just go mope in a corner and cry while you play Muramasa or something.
Great. Thanks, encrypted. Now I can go ahead and join you in your moping.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

encrypted12345 wrote: Sure, go ahead. I'll just go mope in a corner and cry while you play Muramasa or something.
Now THAT is something interesting.

I'll go take a look if you'll excuse me~
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

Are there any good visual novels that aren't terribly sad? I get depressed everytime I read something that's very sad and is full of saddening feels. I started on Clannad, but on a hunch I looked up a few spoilers and it seems to be a very sad story. On top of that, I don't think I've fully recovered from Muv Luv Alternative still. Maybe I'm just weirdly sensitive. :lol:
But anyway, back to my question, any good visual novels that aren't too sad? Any good comedies, perhaps? (Like Muv Luv Extra, at least?)
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

acewing905 wrote:Are there any good visual novels that aren't terribly sad? I get depressed everytime I read something that's very sad and is full of saddening feels. I started on Clannad, but on a hunch I looked up a few spoilers and it seems to be a very sad story. On top of that, I don't think I've fully recovered from Muv Luv Alternative still. Maybe I'm just weirdly sensitive. :lol:
But anyway, back to my question, any good visual novels that aren't too sad? Any good comedies, perhaps? (Like Muv Luv Extra, at least?)
My Girlfriend is the President, Sengoku Rance, Kira Kira, Deardrops are ones I can think up from the top of my head. Enjoy!
Mysterious Stranger

encrypted12345 wrote:My Girlfriend is the President, Sengoku Rance, Kira Kira, Deardrops are ones I can think up from the top of my head. Enjoy!
Whoa there, Kira Kira is a nakige. Kirari's normal end is especially melancholy.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
encrypted12345 wrote:My Girlfriend is the President, Sengoku Rance, Kira Kira, Deardrops are ones I can think up from the top of my head. Enjoy!
Whoa there, Kira Kira is a nakige. Kirari's normal end is especially melancholy.
Thanks for the warning. Luckily I saw it marked on vndb with the nakige tag. I might check out the others. How is Cross Channel, btw?
Mysterious Stranger

acewing905 wrote:
Mysterious Stranger wrote:Whoa there, Kira Kira is a nakige. Kirari's normal end is especially melancholy.
Thanks for the warning. Luckily I saw it marked on vndb with the nakige tag. I might check out the others. How is Cross Channel, btw?
I haven't played it myself, but reading through this thread, some people really despise it while others make some effort to defend it. Very, very mixed opinions.