Recommend a VN

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by Xanatos »

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
TheSongofRaven wrote:Can someone explain this when i got H-Scene with mare ?
You need to delete the graph_vis folder before playing. Otherwise your Mare H-scene will be dolphins.
Idea for a meme: "You need to [x]. Otherwise your [y] will be dolphins."
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

Xanatos wrote:
Mysterious Stranger wrote: You need to delete the graph_vis folder before playing. Otherwise your Mare H-scene will be dolphins.
Idea for a meme: "You need to [x]. Otherwise your [y] will be dolphins."
Glorious.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
Nobody in Particular

Post by Nobody in Particular »

BobBobberson wrote:OK, what other Nitro+ VNs are out there and have full translations? Besides Chaos;Head and Saya no Uta.
Steins;Gate, Steins;Gate Octet, Kikokugai, Hanachirasu, Deus Ex Demonbane, Togainu no Chi, Phantom of Inferno.

Steins;Gate would probably best in your position. Be warned that Togainu no Chi has Yaoi in there as well.
BobBobberson

Post by BobBobberson »

Nobody in Particular wrote:
BobBobberson wrote:OK, what other Nitro+ VNs are out there and have full translations? Besides Chaos;Head and Saya no Uta.
Steins;Gate, Steins;Gate Octet, Kikokugai, Hanachirasu, Deus Ex Demonbane, Togainu no Chi, Phantom of Inferno.

Steins;Gate would probably best in your position. Be warned that Togainu no Chi has Yaoi in there as well.
Ok, get that yaoi shit out of my face! I'm guessing all of them have supernatural BS at work? And I heard Phantom of Inferno was broken or something because you couldn't save or something like that.
Nobody in Particular

BobBobberson wrote:

Ok, get that yaoi shit out of my face! I'm guessing all of them have supernatural BS at work? And I heard Phantom of Inferno was broken or something because you couldn't save or something like that.
I don't think they are all supernatural, although they are all classified as Science Fiction, as you would expect with Nitro+. KIkokugai and Hanachirau are apparently short like Saya no Uta and rated highly, Steins;Gate is meant to be set in the same universe as Chaos;Head and is also rated second on VNDB and Phantom of Inferno is popular but is in DVD format so you can't save apparently.

No idea on Demonbane or Togainu no Chi, they seem to be rarely mentioned.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

BobBobberson wrote:

Ok, get that yaoi shit out of my face!
We can't do that. If there's yaoi shit in your face, quit looking at it. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
TheSongofRaven

Post by TheSongofRaven »

You need to delete the graph_vis folder before playing. Otherwise your Mare H-scene will be dolphins.
I delete that before playing, and when i access savepoint where h-scene with mare, still dolphin thingy >.<
Anyway, is the fandisc "Eternal Heart" have translation ?
"I believe everything like horse race. When you are lose, simply ride the horse again and face any challange"
Twitter : @GrimPointman, Skype : steven.yehezkiel6791
Nobody in Particular

TheSongofRaven wrote:
I delete that before playing, and when i access savepoint where h-scene with mare, still dolphin thingy >.<
Anyway, is the fandisc "Eternal Heart" have translation ?
Every time you open the .exe that runs Hoshimemo, the graph_vis folder will be restored. To fix this delete the folder, create a new text file and name it graph_vis. Also make sure you delete the .txt extension, it should just be a file and not a text file. Alternatively you could just delete the folder every time you start Hoshimemo, but that is more of a hassle.

Also no, EH isn't translated and probably will never get one. ;_;
TheSongofRaven

Post by TheSongofRaven »

Nobody in Particular wrote:Every time you open the .exe that runs Hoshimemo, the graph_vis folder will be restored. To fix this delete the folder, create a new text file and name it graph_vis. Also make sure you delete the .txt extension, it should just be a file and not a text file. Alternatively you could just delete the folder every time you start Hoshimemo, but that is more of a hassle.

Bless you my friend. Now i playing Eternal Hearts. Pity that i can't understand english ;_;

PS : EH always crashed. have idea to fix ?
"I believe everything like horse race. When you are lose, simply ride the horse again and face any challange"
stanman237

Post by stanman237 »

TheSongofRaven wrote:
Nobody in Particular wrote:Every time you open the .exe that runs Hoshimemo, the graph_vis folder will be restored. To fix this delete the folder, create a new text file and name it graph_vis. Also make sure you delete the .txt extension, it should just be a file and not a text file. Alternatively you could just delete the folder every time you start Hoshimemo, but that is more of a hassle.

Bless you my friend. Now i playing Eternal Hearts. Pity that i can't understand english ;_;

PS : EH always crashed. have idea to fix ?
Unfortunately there's usually no easy solution, most of the time you have to recode and debug it because of a faulty code in the engine. Lets say it would be a pain going through thousands of thousands of lines of code trying to find a tiny error. Even if you try that, you have to get the developer software or hack it in order to get to it. In Narcissus case, you play the 2nd one in order to avoid the hassle of crashing after every 10 lines of text.
TheSongofRaven

Post by TheSongofRaven »

stanman237 wrote: Unfortunately there's usually no easy solution, most of the time you have to recode and debug it because of a faulty code in the engine. Lets say it would be a pain going through thousands of thousands of lines of code trying to find a tiny error. Even if you try that, you have to get the developer software or hack it in order to get to it. In Narcissus case, you play the 2nd one in order to avoid the hassle of crashing after every 10 lines of text.
Already done :D i got a words that i must set everything (time, region) to japanase. Thank God no crash so far. Anyway what genre of Narcissus ?
stanman237

Post by stanman237 »

Its a free "Kinetic" Novel because there are no decisions to be made. Here's more info

http://vndb.org/v10

The anonymous protagonist is diagnosed with a terminal illness shortly after his twentieth birthday, and is admitted to a hospital in Mito, Ibaraki. There he meets Setsumi, a woman a few years older, who is also terminally ill. Finding that they both reject to die either in hospital or at home, they steal a car and run away together.

The description^
Nobody in Particular

TheSongofRaven wrote: Already done :D i got a words that i must set everything (time, region) to japanase. Thank God no crash so far. Anyway what genre of Narcissus ?
It's a drama about a road trip with just two main characters. It's pretty enjoyable although it is an utsuge so expect some depressing stuff in there.
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

TheSongofRaven wrote:Now i playing Eternal Hearts. Pity that i can't understand english ;_;
You mean understand Japanese, right?
Anyway, Eternal Heart is the easiest VN that I've read untranslated. (Using mouseover dictionary via TA with MeCab+JParser, of course.) (Hoshimemo is also probably the same, but I read that translated, so can't say for sure.) Short sentences with very basic grammatical structure. Even a machine translator should be able to make some sense out of it. I'd recommend using a combination of machine translators via TA rather than just going through the VN blindly. It won't be much fun when you don't know what they're saying or what's going on.
Try this guide out.
TheSongofRaven

Post by TheSongofRaven »

acewing905 wrote:You mean understand Japanese, right?
Anyway, Eternal Heart is the easiest VN that I've read untranslated. (Using mouseover dictionary via TA with MeCab+JParser, of course.) (Hoshimemo is also probably the same, but I read that translated, so can't say for sure.) Short sentences with very basic grammatical structure. Even a machine translator should be able to make some sense out of it. I'd recommend using a combination of machine translators via TA rather than just going through the VN blindly. It won't be much fun when you don't know what they're saying or what's going on.
Try this guide out.
Thank you for help friend. I was wondering when you shown up and give me some advice like some time ago :)