Recommend a VN

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Virgo888

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by Virgo888 »

stanman237 wrote:
Lol I started playing the game and then decided to check out the first 2 episode of the anime, it tended to cut out some scenes and speed through others to make it an anime. Not complaining but they probably could had kept more of it in the anime itself. Not watching the rest until I finish the regular school arc first which would take a pretty long time
Relax, you probably won't get the feels in the school arc. Get ready to After Story lol

encrypted12345 wrote:There's a link in my signature to a recommendation chart. It says approximate length and genres of the VNs on it. It's as good of a place to start as any.

More importantly, you should wait on Clannad until you start to forget the events of the Clannad anime.
I'll take a good look at that, thanks. And about Clannad, I'm just playing it because I think I Woul prefer the Kyou's route (long haired twin), even though I liked the nagisa's path. Well, so far it seems pretty the same story, and i have read somewhere, that the real story is Nagisas's, so I don't think I'll be surprised like Katawa, where avery girl has a hell of an arc (Shizune is the exception lol)
newnar

Post by newnar »

Try corpse party, it's more horror survival rpg than vn, but it does have vn-like aspects. Not for the faint of heart though.
ivegottogodosomthing

Post by ivegottogodosomthing »

To anyone on the fence about playing Narcissu's sequel/prequel, Narcissu side 2nd, I would fully recommend doing so. I actually found it to be slightly better than the original, and it's the only VN that's given me KS like feelings; it's really an amazing story that I'd recommend to anyone. Like the original, it keeps its minimalist theme, but adds a number of new layers, new characters, new music, and better visuals. http://www.neechin.net/narcissu2/140/na ... nload-page
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

ivegottogodosomthing wrote:To anyone on the fence about playing Narcissu's sequel/prequel, Narcissu side 2nd, I would fully recommend doing so. I actually found it to be slightly better than the original, and it's the only VN that's given me KS like feelings; it's really an amazing story that I'd recommend to anyone. Like the original, it keeps its minimalist theme, but adds a number of new layers, new characters, new music, and better visuals. http://www.neechin.net/narcissu2/140/na ... nload-page
Thanks for the link, downloading it now
Virgo888

Post by Virgo888 »

newnar wrote:Try corpse party, it's more horror survival rpg than vn, but it does have vn-like aspects. Not for the faint of heart though.
Thanks, I'll play it when I'm done playing Yume Miru Kusuri. Not really interested into horror, but i may be surprised if it is good.
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

I loved Corpse Party, but it was stupidly hard!

Of course, since I am a guro fan, you should probably treat this recommendation as a warning instead.
quirk

Post by quirk »

I believe it has been mentioned several times, but I wanted to add a vote for 'True Remembrance'.
The story is brilliant and quite unique. The art is average with some lovely bits and doesn't distract from the story.

Ah, and I second Csihar from earlier, 'Narcissu' is beautiful and will make you shed manly tears.
"Whenever someone creates something with all of their heart, then that creation is given a soul."
-Baron Humbert von Gikkingen, 'The Cat Returns'
Okwm

Deardrops (A VN)

Post by Okwm »

(Sorry if this isn't allowed to be posted here, even as I see no off-topic forum, I'm assuming it okay.)
Hey all, currently I'm too lazy to remember my account for the forums.

Anyway, I recently came across two VNs I've never played before. I've heard of one, and it got pretty sweet reviews, but I have never heard about the other. The one I didn't hear about is Deardrops. It has a decent score on VNDB, it has low sexual content, sex scenes around the end, a musical environment and best of is that the protagonist is a violinist (Which is my cup of tea)! I certainly like classical music and such. Now, what I'm wondering if anyone on the Katawa Shoujo forums has played it before and liked, loved it. I'm currently downloading it, I'll play it regardless, I just want to know what in store for the ride.

So community, if you've played this game, how was it? What score would you give it (Out of 10)? How love-able/remember-able are the characters?

Thanks!

If you're interested in learning more about it, feel free to check it out; http://vndb.org/v2368#main
Enemy |

Re: Deardrops (A VN)

Post by Enemy | »

By my understanding of the rules, since it isn't directly related to KS or disabilities, it shouldn't have its own thread
But there's this thread to recommend/rate VNs: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3178
Virgo888

Post by Virgo888 »

Just finished all paths from Yume Miru Kusuri. Unfortunately, not even close to Katawa Shoujo. The game has 3 girls, so 3 paths to be played and it is about helping those ones. Well, I really couldn't feel attached to the game while playing it, except when getting close to the end with the bullied girl, and even there, I was just so mad I wanted to puch a hole through my monitor. I don't know, maybe the characters missed something, but the story is somehow good. It's just my opinion though....
newnar

Post by newnar »

encrypted12345 wrote:I loved Corpse Party, but it was stupidly hard!

Of course, since I am a guro fan, you should probably treat this recommendation as a warning instead.
I think only Chapter 5 posed any difficulty for me. I kept ending up with nowhere to go rather than bad ends. Then I read the walkthrough and realised I'm NOT supposed to talk to the anatomical model in the Science room.
Spry

Post by Spry »

I have played the VN and it's kinda good. The characters were memorable and the stories in each route is excellent and the music is pretty good too it's a 9/10 for me. Also, if you are going to play all of the routes I suggest you take Riho's route the last.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

stupid question, but...

H-content, or none? Plot w/ Pr0n, or pr0n w/ plot?

Might give this a shot if I can find one for free... :p
Need new reading materials anyway
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
contown

Post by contown »

So are there any good action VNs out there? Other than F/SN, of course.

A while back a couple people on this forum were discussing making one that was slightly action-oriented, I dunno if that went anywhere.
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

contown wrote:So are there any good action VNs out there? Other than F/SN, of course.

A while back a couple people on this forum were discussing making one that was slightly action-oriented, I dunno if that went anywhere.
Off the top of my head, I remember Kikokugai the Cyber Slayer and Demonbane. Those were both awesome.