Recommend a VN

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

encrypted12345

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by encrypted12345 »

Breaker deGodot wrote:As a relative newbie to VN's (I've played KS, obviously, and am currently downloading Narcissu), I was wondering if there were any realistic romantic stories out there? I mean, Ever17 certainly has a lot of fans, but I'm not interested in Sci-fi as much as I'm interested in character development. So is there anything I'm missing?
Like Danyo said, Key Visual Arts stuff like Little Busters and Clannad is relatively realistic if a bit melodramatic. Other notable VNs of that genre I have played are Family Project, Yume Miru Kusuri, and A Profile. I haven't played Da Capo series, but a lot of people seem to like it. The first and second are unrelated and people say that the second one is better.
Nobody in Particular

Post by Nobody in Particular »

encrypted12345 wrote:
Nobody in Particular wrote:Quick question about the Kira-Kira series. I just started playing it (Kira-Kira) but I noticed there are three different ones on the vndb. My question is exactly, after this should I play Curtain Call and Deardrops straight away or are they not 100% relevent to the original game?
Curtain call is a sequel of sorts to Kira Kira, so play it afterwards. Other than a few cameos, Deardrops is unrelated to Kira Kira.

Be sure to play the best route (Kirari) last.
Okay then. Thanks encrypted12345! I have one more question regarding Kira Kira however, and perhaps it is a little off topic considering this is a "recommend a VN" thread.

Since Curtain Call is a sequel to Kira Kira is there a specific route that links them together? Like a canon one or something? Or does the sequel just take a completely different direction that isn't relevent to what choices the player made in the first game? Or doesn't it matter which choices I make?
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

Nobody in Particular wrote: Since Curtain Call is a sequel to Kira Kira is there a specific route that links them together? Like a canon one or something? Or does the sequel just take a completely different direction that isn't relevent to what choices the player made in the first game? Or doesn't it matter which choices I make?
Curtain Call is completely linear, but remember that there are two parts to it. One is a new storyline, and the other ties everything together.
nightmae99

just finished KS Eng/Ger

Post by nightmae99 »

Huhu! At first i have to excuse for my (maybe) bad english :).

After i finished the first arc of KS, i literally devoured the other paths. And know i am finished... and depressed because Hanakos good ending was so emotional and i am really sad because there will be no second part of KS.
I really love this novel, and i think it really changed my view of life. It may sound a little bit weird, but i would love to meet real humans who are alike the characters in the novel (expect Kenji, because he is reeeally reaally weird)^^. I cant think of anything else than KS, and when i am sitting alone, without anything to do to distract me, i get really depressed...

So here are my questions :D :

Is there any VN, which can be compared to KS?
-> including the setting of a school/highschool/boarding-school.
-> including lovestorys between teenagers (with sexual content).
-> it would be perfect if they were in german, but english would also do it ;)
-> it would also be nice if it is still do be found downloadable anywhere.. because i look mostly everwhere for "School Days", but i couldn't find it anywhere...

How are the other VN'S?

I think that the best way, to get over a "reading-depression", is to find something else to read, so it would be very nice if you leave any suggestions. :)

My last comments:
english:
I think it is very sad, that KS is not very popular in Austria/Germany. It is the very best book i've ever read, and i've read loads of books. I've never read anything exciting like KS, and i spent between 6-8 hours for every storyline, without any break, to finish it. Cause of that i had several sleepingless nights, but it was woth it. Again i have to say that i am very sad, that there will be no continuation. :'(

german:
Ich finde es schade, dass KS in unserem Sprachraum so wenig verbreitet ist. KS ist echt das beste Buch, welches ich JE gelesen habe! Ich hab noch nie so etwas fesselndes gelesen... Bin bei jeder storyline 6-8 stunden am Stück gesessen und konnte einfach nicht aufhören. :) Ich hatte ein paar schlaflose Nächte (nur wegen dem lesen, das "nachgedenke" ist mal garnicht eingerechnet^^).

Thank you for reading my post, and thank you if you leave any comment!
bronko

Re: just finished KS Eng/Ger

Post by bronko »

I'm new to the branch, too. Maybe you guys can approve some nice VNs?
It may sound a little bit weird, but i would love to meet real humans who are alike the characters in the novel
Wish more people would discuss a topic like this one. I think it's not that weird at all.

I sometimes wish to live in KSs world. Not necessarily as Hisao, but other characters. Casually as myself too. It's my very own way of dreaming. I once watched an anime-series about a boy joining a school as a newcomer just like Hisao. He made many friends in a swim club or something. Still a while ago, don't remeber anything. Back then it was the same story I am going through now. I'm sure I am not the only one who have the desire of slipping into another world, escaping the real world.
For me, lets say i guess i would handle it better than my actual life.

Well right here I was going to explain why some people would like to become stories like those partly real, sometimes even prefering the non-existent world. At the end this doesn't fit here though. I think it varies on everyone. I'm not saying that everyone who registered here wants that, hell no. But there must be a basic acceptance for the given scenario. If we didn't acclaim the story for at least some parts, we surely wouldn't find our liking in KS.
I apologize for any grammatical and spelling mistake I may do. English is not my native language.
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

nightmae99 wrote: So here are my questions :D :

Is there any VN, which can be compared to KS?
-> including the setting of a school/highschool/boarding-school.
-> including lovestorys between teenagers (with sexual content).
-> it would be perfect if they were in german, but english would also do it ;)
-> it would also be nice if it is still do be found downloadable anywhere.. because i look mostly everwhere for "School Days", but i couldn't find it anywhere...

How are the other VN'S?
Got nothing in German for you. Sorry about that. As for where eroge download *cough* ing can be done, Google is your friend.

VNs that fit your categories

Yume Miru Kusuri
A Profile
Quartett (This is more music based.)

If you want other types of VNs, specify the genre, and I'll recommend some. Oh, and School Days hasn't been translated into English yet.
nightmae99

Post by nightmae99 »

bronko wrote:I'm new to the branch, too. Maybe you guys can approve some nice VNs?
It may sound a little bit weird, but i would love to meet real humans who are alike the characters in the novel
For me, lets say i guess i would handle it better than my actual life.
Hahah you said the exactly same thing, i said to my best friend yesterday :)
Sometimes I also sit around and think that i could handle it better than my actual life. Reading is the perfect way to escape from everday life.
Today i played again through Emi's path because i really really love her path and it was again (what a suprise) aaaaawesome :D
Wish more people would discuss a topic like this one. I think it's not that weird at all.
Yes i also would wish that more people would discuss this topic more because i know a lot of people who would think that i am a weirdo if i start talkin to them about escaping into a different world.
I mean, i love my life, but actually? if there was the posibility to save and reload, i wouldn't be to shy or to lazy or to try new things out or so.
If i have the time, i maybe start a new topic about "escaping into KS's world" or something like that.

Thank you very much encrypted. :)

i am downloading some interesting vn's right now, and i am going to play them in the following days. I hope they are as awesome as KS :D

the realy only important things of VN's for me are, that it is a school setting, that the characters develope during the story and that there is emotional content and love :)

i dont know much of the genres, but again, thanks for your recommendation.

It is sad that School Days isn't translated yet :( , but maybe i try to learn japanese next year ;). things would get much easier if i do so^^
---------------------------------------------------
English is not my native language, so please excuse some spelling or gramatical mistakes ;)
sasakikojiro

Post by sasakikojiro »

If you like deep stories, I recommend Steins;Gate... It's all about time travel.

The main character is really funny, like Kenji. He believes in conspiracies (which could be true).
the voice acting and art style of the game is very nice.
~Close Your Mind, Open Your Heart~
yummines

Post by yummines »

Monmusu Quest

ok its more of an h-game than a visual novel but the story and music are actually pretty good. came (dat double entendre) for the images, stayed for the story and music.
and 90% of KS players are male anyhow.
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

Umm... to get off some of the images of Monster girl Quest, you would have to be a true, hardcore monster girl fetishist. :lol:

Post by Guest »

encrypted12345 wrote:Umm... to get off some of the images of Monster girl Quest, you would have to be a true, hardcore monster girl fetishist. :lol:
oh yea. im aware of that. in fact the only reason why i even played the first game was cause it was one of the games available on Fakku (this is also where i found about about KS, cause they have the demo as well). my friend (who is a big hentai... enthusiast) said it was pretty good so i checked it out.

slime girl at the beginning was alright. slug girl... umm... the story and music kept me playing the game though there are some pretty awesome h-moments as well.
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

Well, if you like Monster Girl Quest, I'm obligated to recommend Sengoku Rance which is another great gameplay visual novel. The gameplay is addicting, the story is good, and the sex scenes are intentionally hilarious.
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

sasakikojiro wrote:If you like deep stories, I recommend Steins;Gate... It's all about time travel.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there isn't an English patch for Steins;Gate, is there?
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
sasakikojiro wrote:If you like deep stories, I recommend Steins;Gate... It's all about time travel.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there isn't an English patch for Steins;Gate, is there?
There is, but it's not fully edited. I believe that the fully edited patch is coming out soon though.
sasakikojiro

Post by sasakikojiro »

encrypted12345 wrote:
Mysterious Stranger wrote:
There is, but it's not fully edited. I believe that the fully edited patch is coming out soon though.
I played it already. There is an English patch. It's very playable. The only untranslated parts there is the Achievement Viewer, the whole story is translated. There are some noticeable typos, but its all good.

:D
~Close Your Mind, Open Your Heart~