Recommend a VN

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

neumanproductions

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by neumanproductions »

DMGnome wrote:(Spoiler, although it's pretty obvious from the beginning, Chris is a girl.)
When I first saw Chris I mentally said, "You have to get up pretty early in the morning to fool me."
I to had recommended Princess Waltz in the past.
However, some might have my head for saying this but I recently have to recommend Wanko to Kurasou.

I know, i know, you're all saying "You must have a mental problem to like a VN where you have sex with cat and dog girls." But I must say the story definitely has many moments in it that I find hilarious yet there are those scene that really strike a cord. I don't wish to discuss it much as that would spoil the story in to great a detail, but i'll simply say there were several moments that did make me cry and experience emotions as though I truely was in the POVC's position. And that's what I really look for in a good VN.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
DLH112

Post by DLH112 »

Thinking of VNs I've read that haven't already been mentioned, Discipline and Bible Black come to mind. (note that the animated version of Discipline is a disgrace to the VN, probably BB too). Yah there's an unnecessarily large amount of ridiculous sex, but the atmosphere and some parts of the plot (especially in BB) scared the crap out of me in a good way. (human sacrifice, demon posession etc.). The vibe from discipline was the same but without the supernaturalness.
Censuur

Post by Censuur »

I hope I'm not giving too much spoilers here, but I feel people need to be warned that princess waltz contains incest
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I don't think the target demographic for H-VNs in general won't be bothered too much by that...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Shades of gray
Location: Those two eyes under that rock, yeah, the ones watching you? Thats me...

Post by Shades of gray »

I have a new recommendation, evem though im only quarter of the way through it.

G-Senjou no Maou (the Devil on G-String)

a rather interesting little VN i... found...

not going to spoil it, will post (or edit this post) when i finish it
2 kidneys for sale, slightly used, non-functional, no refunds.
neumanproductions

Censuur wrote:I hope I'm not giving too much spoilers here, but I feel people need to be warned that princess waltz contains incest
Actually, only half incest.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Censuur

Post by Censuur »

Considering the mothers were sisters and they share a father, thats not actually half incest anymore ;) (they're half brother/sister half cousin, so thats pretty much full incest right there)
DMGnome

Post by DMGnome »

To be precise, Princess Waltz has two relationships that could be considered incest. One is the "haha, they're only adopted siblings" type of incest, and the other is the 3/4 sibling relationship people have already mentioned. All this is kind of spoilery, but it's probably best to give a clear warning.

Also, 'nother OELVN to suggest: Ori, Ochi, Onoe. Three romantic leads (the eponymous heroines). No H. It doesn't do anything new, but it's an interesting story told well, and I appreciate the paradigm break of the protagonist starting the game in a sexual relationship.
Fans destroy things by loving them too much. This is one of the fundamental laws of the universe.
Censuur

Post by Censuur »

After reading a bunch of VN's I seem to notice almost every VN in a modern setting seems to have some thinly veiled McDonnalds in the background at some point

What's up with that? -_-
Censuur

Recommend a VN

Post by Censuur »

Shades of gray wrote:I have a new recommendation, evem though im only quarter of the way through it.

G-Senjou no Maou (the Devil on G-String)

a rather interesting little VN i... found...

not going to spoil it, will post (or edit this post) when i finish it
Just after the first chapter this does indeed seem to be a very good VN, its just a pity that the riddles translate very poorly into english up to this point but I like the "phoenix wright" style of storytelling ;)

It does seem the story is a bit too transparent at times though, but I'm hoping thats still a bit premature to say
neumanproductions

DMGnome wrote:To be precise, Princess Waltz has two relationships that could be considered incest. One is the "haha, they're only adopted siblings" type of incest, and the other is the 3/4 sibling relationship people have already mentioned. All this is kind of spoilery, but it's probably best to give a clear warning.
You think anyone cares about incest/partial incest warnings anymore. Not when you have such popular anime/manga as KissxSis, Oreimo, or Onii-chan No Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara Ne!!
It's just become common now of days.
Censuur

Post by Censuur »

Might just be me though, but I find the concept of incest utterly distasteful, its a perversion of a family bond I find I am unwilling to accept

I personally don't register a connection between the physical act of sex and the emotional connection of boyfriend/girlfriend, and as such, while I can live with the sexual act of incest I simply find the existence of the emotional experience between siblings utterly unsettling and dislike being confronted with it

But maybe I'm just the odd one out here ;)
X_Bacon

Post by X_Bacon »

Censuur wrote:Might just be me though, but I find the concept of incest utterly distasteful, its a perversion of a family bond I find I am unwilling to accept

I personally don't register a connection between the physical act of sex and the emotional connection of boyfriend/girlfriend, and as such, while I can live with the sexual act of incest I simply find the existence of the emotional experience between siblings utterly unsettling and dislike being confronted with it

So it's not the sex that is distasteful, it's the emotional bond...?

How odd indeed.
scott1and

Post by scott1and »

X_Bacon wrote:
Censuur wrote:Might just be me though, but I find the concept of incest utterly distasteful, its a perversion of a family bond I find I am unwilling to accept

So it's not the sex that is distasteful, it's the emotional bond...?

How odd indeed.
Everyone has their own different view on incest I suppose. I personally am not bothered by it, in fiction or reality, as it makes for a good plot device and I haven't saw it in reality so it slightly intrigues me. But even in reality, while I feel disturbed by doing the act, I would not be overly disgusted by someone else doing. I mean, if you're best friend had a relationship (sexual or not) with his or her sister, would you hate them for it ? I mean, sure you would be shocked and maybe slightly squicked out by it but would you lose a friend over something that doesn't affect you or anyone else in a negative way. Saying that I suppose if it's legal or not also plays a part, but I can't arsed researching it right now.

Now, I'm not arguing that incest is completely moral, or that you should like it, or that they shouldn't have kids, or that god should or should not smite them or even that stories involving it should or should not exist. I'm just saying it doesn't bother me personally and what i think. Hate it all you want, I'm just saying that if it doesn't involve me personally then it doesn't involve me at all.

Was that rant, I've never ranted before, was that really...yes...no?...maybe...either way if it was I'm sorry if it offended anyone
cesuur

Post by cesuur »

I guess the biggest gripe I have is that the logical consequence of an emotional relationship is offspring, and offspring of an incestuous relationship tend to have a lot of problems genetically

Its the same for almost every other fetish out there, incest, rape you name it, I can put up with it as long as there are no children/offspring involved

Anyway this is the last I'll say on the matter, don't want to keep going off-topic here, and I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused