Recommend a VN

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

CoffeeDrive

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by CoffeeDrive »

brythain wrote:
CoffeeDrive wrote:Also guys, Sunrider chapter 2 is out for anyone interested in that game. Its fun as hell, by the way.
You too, huh? :D
Mhmm. Sola is best girl.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Steinherz wrote:
CoffeeDrive wrote:Meh, first cousins is okay in my head, considering its actually legal to marry them in a good proportion of countries, and genetic deformity chances are incredible low at that level. Even though most of society effectively says "No" to anyone that is remotely closely related.
The genetic deformity thing is propaganda actually. Unless your European royalty, marrying/having kids with family has the same chance of genetic deformities as anyone else.
Considering this, and your previous posts I have a feeling you have some personal stakes here.
Brother-Sister incest can and will cause severe gentic issues for the potential offspring, definitley no propaganda there (Persian royal families come to mind). In fact Evolution gave us a hormonal system that causes us to have sexual aversion from people you grew up (siblings).
first cousins I don't mind, anything beyoned that doesn't count as incest.
also, the European royal families thing was not a result of close incest but of generations of cosuin marriges that significantly reduced their gene pool. each generation of incest increases the chance of incest.
Now, beyoned that incest has a lot of negative effects on people's psychology as in other unequal pairings.
I saw a lot of people who try to justify incest by saying it's an ancient biblical thing that is not relevant in our modern world and other Anarchist insanity people like to say because they think they sound intelligent and uncomforming, (close)incest is actually considered taboo in most human cultures (exteption being ancient Zoroastarianism, and even they abandoned it).
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
brythain

Post by brythain »

Comrade wrote:
Steinherz wrote:
CoffeeDrive wrote:Meh, first cousins is okay in my head, considering its actually legal to marry them in a good proportion of countries, and genetic deformity chances are incredible low at that level. Even though most of society effectively says "No" to anyone that is remotely closely related.
The genetic deformity thing is propaganda actually. Unless your European royalty, marrying/having kids with family has the same chance of genetic deformities as anyone else.
Considering this, and your previous posts I have a feeling you have some personal stakes here.
Brother-Sister incest can and will cause severe gentic issues for the potential offspring, definitley no propaganda there (Persian royal families come to mind). In fact Evolution gave us a hormonal system that causes us to have sexual aversion from people you grew up (siblings).
first cousins I don't mind, anything beyoned that doesn't count as incest.
As earlier posted, biology tells us that optimal consanguinity lies between the 1st and 2nd cousin level. Technically, however, sibling relations don't have to cause genetic issues if there are no bad genes (which isn't normally the case) nor negative mutations (good luck with that). This is true at a biological level.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

My great-grandparents on my mother's side are first cousins - evidently that is not too uncommon in the family. Perhaps it has to do with Hispanic culture, since I have had cousins who've dated one another. My mother even made light attempts to hook me up with a second cousin. That sure as hell didn't happen.

That being said, it's been a few generations. I don't have any extra limbs or anything, so unless I've won the genetic lottery, I'd say it's fine. I find it a little weird, but I'm not one to judge.

Aaaaand I think my first post here in a while is already way off-track. Marvelous.

I should really read more VNs. I just need to avoid shitty anime adaptations of good VNs or shitty VNs with good anime adaptations... if that's even a thing.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
gekiganwing

Post by gekiganwing »

I've been slowly reading Toradora Portable lately, thanks to the more recent translation patch. Just like the source material, it can be quite silly and also surprisingly serious. Is it amazing? No. I've had complaints with some seemingly out-of-nowhere endings, and there is a little too much emphasis on finding objects that turn out to be necessary for unlocking endings. However, it's been relaxing so far, and it has provided a decent balance of comedy and drama. I have played other boy x girl visual novels. But this is the first one in about four years that I've tried and enjoyed.
Mahorfeus wrote:I just need to avoid shitty anime adaptations of good VNs or shitty VNs with good anime adaptations... if that's even a thing.
True Tears: the TV series is available in English, but only a demo of the original visual novel has been translated. I read the demo once in 2006, waited at least a year hoping for more, and eventually gave up. According to what I read on TVTropes, they have "...a completely different plot, cast and art style..."

Galaxy Angel: The visual novel / strategy game can be amusing, but it's kind of serious. The PC version has a full fan translation. Meanwhile, the TV series is mostly a farce, and seems like a parody of the game (which was delayed at the time).
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

My post was about siblings/parents/aunts not cousins,
An American, 2014
brythain

Post by brythain »

Comrade wrote:My post was about siblings/parents/aunts not cousins,
If you are male, it's quite common that you have a very low genetic inheritance in common with your aunts (father's sisters) and a higher chance with your mother's sisters. Parents certainly, 100% chance of overlap, if you have a bad/fragile X, it came from your mother. If you have a female sibling, there's a 50/50 chance you share your mother's X chromosome.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Comrade wrote: I saw a lot of people who try to justify incest by saying it's an ancient biblical thing that is not relevant in our modern world and other Anarchist insanity people like to say because they think they sound intelligent and uncomforming, (close)incest is actually considered taboo in most human cultures (exteption being ancient Zoroastarianism, and even they abandoned it).
Huh ? ... it's true that there are some people who say bullshit to be "cool" , but not all those who have an opinion contrary to the majority are crazy anarchists. :mrgreen:
I don't see what is your point with...but yeah the consanguinity caused by close incest is a proof that some taboos are justified.
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

I have personal expirience with Anarchists trying to justify incest. Poorly. Like everything else Anarchists do.
An American, 2014
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Since the principle itself of anarchism is a bit silly...
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
FelOnyx

Post by FelOnyx »

Comrade wrote:I have personal expirience with Anarchists trying to justify incest. Poorly. Like everything else Anarchists do.
Why would Anarchists try to justify incest specifically? I can see why they would not want it banned, but only as a part of their general opposition to the concept of banning things, or as a belief unrelated to their Anarchism.

Anyways, my own two cents on the incest thing. Nothing wrong with cousins, so long as you don't repeat it 10 generations in a row. Siblings are mostly fine, as long as all participants are adults. No underage incest, that's just asking for abuse. They should probobly also adopt if they want kids, to be safe. Parental incest is absolutely 110% out of the question and messed up on every level.
AlexG wrote:For a moment there I thought Marx woke up as some kind of stripper in the middle ages
BlackGoldShooter wrote:This is what happens when children don't eat their vegetables. First they start manufacturing statuettes. Next they take over the world.
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

How is fucking the person who takes care of you as an older sibling would (or the other way around) mostly fine? Can you not see the psycholoigcal effects this might cause on the weaker partner?
An American, 2014
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Hmm..I don't agree with this thing about sibling but why a age difference makes the younger "weaker" ?
I see what you means by "unequal couple" and how it's bad (but not only for the weaker) but It don't means a couple where one is stronger, older or smarter than the other would be unequal.
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
ogorhan

Post by ogorhan »

So any other good VN's people played that are recommended before the thread gets cooked?
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Zarys wrote:Hmm..I don't agree with this thing about sibling but why a age difference makes the younger "weaker" ?
I see what you means by "unequal couple" and how it's bad (but not only for the weaker) but It don't means a couple where one is stronger, older or smarter than the other would be unequal.
But an older sibling X younger sibling definitley would.
An American, 2014