Recommend a VN

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
Munchenhausen
Posts: 1874
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:43 am
Location: Leicester, UK

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by Munchenhausen » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:53 am

Thanks to the wonderful world of Steam, I have sunk £7 in a new VN. Well, new for me.

Has anyone ever played Hatoful Boyfriend?
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon

User avatar
Steinherz
Posts: 2095
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:06 am
Location: New England

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by Steinherz » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:13 am

Munchenhausen wrote:Thanks to the wonderful world of Steam, I have sunk £7 in a new VN. Well, new for me.

Has anyone ever played Hatoful Boyfriend?
Errybirdy getting fucked up.

No, it's a weird VN regardless.

Yandere Bird cuts your head off
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.

User avatar
CoffeeDrive
Posts: 617
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 4:01 pm

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by CoffeeDrive » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:23 am

A friend told me about Hatoful boyfriend a while ago.

"Hey check it our Hatoful boyfriend, you go out with hot birds"

Me, being an english twit, immediatly makes the conclusion Birds=Girls

Boy, was I wrong.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl

User avatar
Munchenhausen
Posts: 1874
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:43 am
Location: Leicester, UK

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by Munchenhausen » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:30 am

The bit that sold it for me was the realisation that you are litefally a normal teenage girl living in a normal-sized world, interacting with normal-sized birds

The mental images are absolutely hilarious. It needs to be an Anime.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon

User avatar
Zarys
Posts: 660
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:27 am

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by Zarys » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:24 pm

Hatofull boyfriend seems to be a crappy, no ?
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair

User avatar
Steinherz
Posts: 2095
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:06 am
Location: New England

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by Steinherz » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:47 pm

Munchenhausen wrote:The bit that sold it for me was the realisation that you are litefally a normal teenage girl living in a normal-sized world, interacting with normal-sized birds

The mental images are absolutely hilarious. It needs to be an Anime.
It's definitely a widget series....

That I would totally watch an anime of.

Hell, it'd probably be like the Kantai Collection anime, using the personifications with the bird mannerisms.
CoffeeDrive wrote:A friend told me about Hatoful boyfriend a while ago.

"Hey check it our Hatoful boyfriend, you go out with hot birds"

Me, being an english twit, immediatly makes the conclusion Birds=Girls

Boy, was I wrong.
Well.... The personifications of the birds are.... really fucking Bishoenen/Biseinen
Like, seriously:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

So they actually ARE hot birds (when personified)
Last edited by Steinherz on Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.

User avatar
Munchenhausen
Posts: 1874
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:43 am
Location: Leicester, UK

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by Munchenhausen » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:51 pm

Zarys wrote:Hatofull boyfriend seems to be a crappy, no ?
It's definitely not a serious VN overall :P
I like it because of its bizarre, silly concept :lol:
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon

User avatar
CoffeeDrive
Posts: 617
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 4:01 pm

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by CoffeeDrive » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:57 pm

Kentai collection is fucking awesome.
I wasted so many hours on the game, like holy shit.

Just fuckin everyone up with my Bismarck class battleship
Image
Pride of my fleet right there.


The fact you can marry the ship girls is also strangely adorable.

EDIT:
Unfortunatly, DMM closed the servers for anyone not Japanese this month, and as such, unless you follow the stupidly long registration process and are connected to a Japanese VPN you are fucked.

I basically dont play anymore because VPNs make your internet slow as hell.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl

User avatar
Khalego
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:38 pm

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by Khalego » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:26 pm

Silentcook wrote:The name made me arch an eyebrow, and sure enough, I had reason to.

This doesn't mean anything much, but at least it gives me sufficient reason to "damkids, can't pull out something original if their life depended on it, frikken frakken mumble grumble". :roll:
Yeah, I noticed that too... :lol: Though being that the show and VN titles are only related by a single word, I submit that your grumpy old man complaints are as flawed as your grumpy old man arthritic fingers. :P

@Munch: Nope. Nobody has ever played Hatoful Boyfriend, except for everyone since it's not even that obscure or anything. And that doctor pigeon should definitely be locked away from sane society...

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST: BAN EVASION)
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
How to dispose of an unwanted character: "As much as it pains me, Lilly will just have to be trampled to death at a blind-deaf pep rally."

User avatar
FelOnyx
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:50 pm
Location: Connecticut

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by FelOnyx » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:41 pm

So, I just finished Planetarian, and it was fantastic. Definitely recommend it.
AlexG wrote:For a moment there I thought Marx woke up as some kind of stripper in the middle ages
BlackGoldShooter wrote:This is what happens when children don't eat their vegetables. First they start manufacturing statuettes. Next they take over the world.

User avatar
Megumeru
Posts: 1260
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:17 am
Location: Land of the Rising Sun

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by Megumeru » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:53 pm

Here's something I got my hands on recently. Not sure it has a translated version but...

White Album 2: Introductory/Closing chapter.
It has good songs attached to it and it may be dated, but it's still a fine piece of work (had to actually dig through multiple stores to fin them both).

WARNING: LINEAR PLOTLINE

Expect about the 'same' linearity as Shizune's route, but be sure to have tissues prepared--and a bucket. You will be crying.
Image
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story

User avatar
CoffeeDrive
Posts: 617
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 4:01 pm

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by CoffeeDrive » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:05 pm

By the way, dont think ive mentioned it, but tsukihime is incredible, dated as hell since its from 2000, but its amazingly good, same world as FSN.

By the way guys we should all make an ebola-chan VN.
FellowOtaku wrote: It is not a serious VN, no terrorists nor CDC, its a comedy sketch in which there is a really cute girl that tries hard to love everyone, but everyone she touches gets a high fever and starts bleeding from the holes and eventually dies.
Lets make this dream a reality.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl

User avatar
AaronIsCrunchy
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:28 pm
Location: Portsmouth, floating.

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by AaronIsCrunchy » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:32 pm

I've heard good things about Tsukihime in the past, but...
Isn't that a slightly incest-y one? If it's not then I stand corrected.

Finished Ultimate Blade Works a few days ago. HOLY SHITBALLS.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.


User avatar
Steinherz
Posts: 2095
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:06 am
Location: New England

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by Steinherz » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:54 pm

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:I've heard good things about Tsukihime in the past, but...
Isn't that a slightly incest-y one? If it's not then I stand corrected.

Finished Ultimate Blade Works a few days ago. HOLY SHITBALLS.
I don't believe Tsukihime has any of that.
And besides, what's the problem with that? :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.

User avatar
Comrade
Posts: 1248
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:29 am
Location: Micheal Levi's lyre is real good yo

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by Comrade » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:40 am

Steinherz wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:I've heard good things about Tsukihime in the past, but...
Isn't that a slightly incest-y one? If it's not then I stand corrected.

Finished Ultimate Blade Works a few days ago. HOLY SHITBALLS.
I don't believe Tsukihime has any of that.
And besides, what's the problem with that? :lol:
Please. don't even start.
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014

Post Reply