Recommend a VN

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

OtakuNinja

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by OtakuNinja »

I want to play Little Busters, but I have to wait until the next anime season is finished... Summer 2014 I guess. :(
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
stanman237

Post by stanman237 »

OtakuNinja wrote:I want to play Little Busters, but I have to wait until the next anime season is finished... Summer 2014 I guess. :(
Play it first, its a completely different experience compared to watching it anime format
Flutterz

Post by Flutterz »

stanman237 wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:I want to play Little Busters, but I have to wait until the next anime season is finished... Summer 2014 I guess. :(
Play it first, its a completely different experience compared to watching it anime format
This. The anime is pretty good, but the VN is much better.
Completed VNs: VNDB
Currently Reading: ef- a fairy tale of the two
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Flutterz wrote:
stanman237 wrote:
This. The anime is pretty good, but the VN is much better.
But I don't want to spoil what will happen in the next season. If I play the game first, I won't have the patience to watch the anime every week. :(
Flutterz

Post by Flutterz »

OtakuNinja wrote:But I don't want to spoil what will happen in the next season. If I play the game first, I won't have the patience to watch the anime every week. :(
It will be even worse if you watch the anime and end up not having the patience to spend 50+ hours on the VN. :<
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Flutterz wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:But I don't want to spoil what will happen in the next season. If I play the game first, I won't have the patience to watch the anime every week. :(
It will be even worse if you watch the anime and end up not having the patience to spend 50+ hours on the VN. :<
You have a point there. :3
Zilveri

Post by Zilveri »

OtakuNinja wrote:
Flutterz wrote:
You have a point there. :3
I was the one who did that mistake: I started first watching LB anime, but then I had to wait for another episode to come. I waited 1 week, watched the episode and after that downloaded the vn, so I didn't have to wait again. It was boring to read all the routes again (some of them), because I saw them already. I learned my lesson. :( I suggest, that you play the vn first and then watch the anime. I will do the same when I start my next vn.
Flutterz

Post by Flutterz »

Zilveri wrote:I was the one who did that mistake: I started first watching LB anime, but then I had to wait for another episode to come. I waited 1 week, watched the episode and after that downloaded the vn, so I didn't have to wait again. It was boring to read all the routes again (some of them), because I saw them already. I learned my lesson. :( I suggest, that you play the vn first and then watch the anime.
That's basically why I make sure to watch the anime after the VN, including Air. :P

And you're not past the point of no return yet, there's still Rin's and Kurugaya's routes, as well as the true route. :)
Zilveri

Post by Zilveri »

Flutterz wrote:And you're not past the point of no return yet, there's still Rin's and Kurugaya's routes, as well as the true route. :)
Rin's and Kurugaya's routes were my favorites + refrain, because I liked both of them from the start. I can't really choose between them, I guess I have to take them both home...

I was thinking that they really can't squeeze everything from the vn just in 26 episodes. I was right, but now we have to wait for refrain. :(
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Refrain will air in November. :)

While it's not really a VN, I'll try to get the 5th end in Ib (becoming friends with Garry). :D
Flutterz

Post by Flutterz »

Zilveri wrote:Rin's and Kurugaya's routes were my favorites + refrain, because I liked both of them from the start. I can't really choose between them, I guess I have to take them both home...

I was thinking that they really can't squeeze everything from the vn just in 26 episodes. I was right, but now we have to wait for refrain. :(
My favourites were Rin's and Kud's. Funnily enough, while I was doing Kud's route which was the first one I did, there were quite a few moments where I thought "Wait, I thought I downloaded the all-ages version! What this seems to be leading up to is definitely not all-ages!". :lol:
When I had just started watching the anime (around episode 10), I was afraid they'd try to squeeze it into 26 episodes. Thankfully I was wrong. :P
OtakuNinja wrote:Refrain will air in November. :)
I guess we'll have to refrain from watching the anime until then! kill me

(USER WAS BANNED, KILLED, MANGLED, NUKED, FOLDED, KICKED, SPINDLED AND MUTILATED FOR THIS POST) not really >:3
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

I watched Sydney's livestream yesterday. Looking forward to her VN (and the fan-made VN "Syd Date"). :D
Auratus

Post by Auratus »

Flutterz wrote: I guess we'll have to refrain from watching the anime until then! kill me

(USER WAS BANNED, KILLED, MANGLED, NUKED, FOLDED, KICKED, SPINDLED AND MUTILATED FOR THIS POST) not really >:3
If I was killing you. I prefer disintegrate gun where your molecule is tearing down and down, and you're screaming in pain until you can't and feels enormous physical pain until you can't. That's better than do so many thing and cause no radiation :D

Recently I don't play VN at all. As Higurashi (Kai) is having little seed and I love pirated ANNO 2070 and Eurapa Universalis III. I also have little physical problem so I guess I wouldn't progress in Kanon and Higurashi for a while. (I didn't even start playing bonus arc)
I want to make Thai Translation of KS alone and protesting with this signature.

Unofficially Demanding. Temporary even-more malfunctioned in English Grammar.

Introducing one of the few thread of it's kind that bring the world together. Wait, Whatever then.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

@Auratus How about trying a short VN, like Narcissu or Ib? :)
Zilveri

Post by Zilveri »

Flutterz wrote:Funnily enough, while I was doing Kud's route which was the first one I did, there were quite a few moments where I thought "Wait, I thought I downloaded the all-ages version! What this seems to be leading up to is definitely not all-ages!". :lol:
I remember that ?first? scene at night when they were outside. :D Kud was almost my last, so I knew that there wouldn't be any h-scenes, but that was kinda disturbing still.
OtakuNinja wrote:How about trying a short VN, like Narcissu or Ib? :)
Ib isn't a vn? Looked like a game to me when I watched the playthrough on youtube.