Recommend a VN

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

stanman237

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by stanman237 »

On a different note,

I recommend Forest because of 2 words

ACID TRIP

I have no clue what the creators was on when they made the game but its a pretty good game
Nobody in Particular

Post by Nobody in Particular »

stanman237 wrote:On a different note,

I recommend Forest because of 2 words

ACID TRIP

I have no clue what the creators was on when they made the game but its a pretty good game
I tried this one long while back. Had to drop it at "The Game" because i had no fucking clue what was happening anymore. For the most part it was decent, but fuck "The Game" was just way too fucking confusing.

Sex scenes were completly unecessary too. Not sure why they even existed.
Flutterz

Post by Flutterz »

If anyone else has been waiting for it, the Main Heroine patch for Rewrite is out.
You can get it here: http://amaterasu.tindabox.net/index.php?page=downloads
Enjoy!
Completed VNs: VNDB
Currently Reading: ef- a fairy tale of the two
Shadowyeclipse

Post by Shadowyeclipse »

Flutterz wrote:If anyone else has been waiting for it, the Main Heroine patch for Rewrite is out.
Enjoy!

I heartily recommend Fate/Stay night to anyone. I haven't finished it, and one of the... scenes..? Left me shivering, and it wasn't from the cold.
If you haven't played at least to like, 11th day, don't look at this.

Shinjii's a motherfucker.
And I don't get Illya. Some part of me hopes that I might convert her into not fighting anymore, because she truly doesn't seem to understand death from the two talks she has with you, without Saber/Rin's knowledge, of course. Some part of me hopes that I don't have to kill her, so I am like the main character in that aspect.

Spoilers over, but seriously, I do really, really like this VN. The prologue is a bit misleading/long, and the introduction is boring, but it gets so, so great later on.
Emibro, [Hanabro],[Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer

Currently: None.
To do list: Clannad, Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate
Finished: Toradora, Katawa Shoujo, Analogue: A hate story, Narcissu.
Flutterz

Post by Flutterz »

Shadowyeclipse wrote:
Flutterz wrote:If anyone else has been waiting for it, the Main Heroine patch for Rewrite is out.
Enjoy!

I heartily recommend Fate/Stay night to anyone. I haven't finished it, and one of the... scenes..? Left me shivering, and it wasn't from the cold.
If you haven't played at least to like, 11th day, don't look at this.

Shinjii's a motherfucker.
And I don't get Illya. Some part of me hopes that I might convert her into not fighting anymore, because she truly doesn't seem to understand death from the two talks she has with you, without Saber/Rin's knowledge, of course. Some part of me hopes that I don't have to kill her, so I am like the main character in that aspect.

Spoilers over, but seriously, I do really, really like this VN. The prologue is a bit misleading/long, and the introduction is boring, but it gets so, so great later on.
There were only 2 things that I disliked in F/S N. The H-Scenes and the fact that all the text comes in one big chunk often without indication as to who is talking, so sometimes you need to reread bits just to get what's happening.
Nobody in Particular

Shadowyeclipse wrote: Shinjii's a motherfucker.
But Shinji is one of the best characters in the game.
Shadowyeclipse

Post by Shadowyeclipse »

Nobody in Particular wrote:

Welp, I just finished the game entirely. Going to do what the text instructed and "Try again on the night of the third day"

Can't remember, I already saved over it though. Replay.

But oh god I am not even crying right now. Literally how sad I feel is beyond tears. Spoilers and all that jazz.
Fuck Illya, I know I know, she's a little girl and everything, FUCK the priest, and FUCK GILGAMESH. I have not hated three characters any more than these three, with the exception of Illya. She just pisses me off, and it annoys me that Rin is so friendly with her despite the fact SHE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ARCHER'S DEATH. I give her mad props for killing Shinji though.

The Priest is probably my most hated character in the game. Gilgamesh is an ass, and I hate him as well, but I literally cannot fathom how much I HATE the Priest for almost killing Rin.

But I can say one thing, Lancer's glorious anti-hero moment turned me from hating him to making him one of my favorite characters, and the moments that Shirou and Saber spent, (Not the H-Scenes, I don't care much for them either,) like the first encounter with Gilgamesh, the final fight with Hercules/Berserker. It's the relationships like these that makes me hate both characters at times, and love them as well.

God I love this so much, I really could care less about the minor flaws that accompany it. The characters were done well, the Tiger Dojo was hilarious, and the story and plot behind it was amazing. Some of it went beyond the logic set by the story at times, but I could care less.

I hope to god if I replay the night of the third day, whatever that means, I will be able to save Saber this time. Her dying back in her own time really just tore me apart.

This will very likely to wear off in a few days, so I'm going to enjoy the feels I got from this while I can.
Instant recommendation.

Flutterz

Post by Flutterz »

Shadowyeclipse wrote:

Welp, I just finished the game entirely. Going to do what the text instructed and "Try again on the night of the third day"

Can't remember, I already saved over it though. Replay.

But oh god I am not even crying right now. Literally how sad I feel is beyond tears. Spoilers and all that jazz.
Fuck Illya, I know I know, she's a little girl and everything, FUCK the priest, and FUCK GILGAMESH. I have not hated three characters any more than these three, with the exception of Illya. She just pisses me off, and it annoys me that Rin is so friendly with her despite the fact SHE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ARCHER'S DEATH. I give her mad props for killing Shinji though.

The Priest is probably my most hated character in the game. Gilgamesh is an ass, and I hate him as well, but I literally cannot fathom how much I HATE the Priest for almost killing Rin.

But I can say one thing, Lancer's glorious anti-hero moment turned me from hating him to making him one of my favorite characters, and the moments that Shirou and Saber spent, (Not the H-Scenes, I don't care much for them either,) like the first encounter with Gilgamesh, the final fight with Hercules/Berserker. It's the relationships like these that makes me hate both characters at times, and love them as well.

God I love this so much, I really could care less about the minor flaws that accompany it. The characters were done well, the Tiger Dojo was hilarious, and the story and plot behind it was amazing. Some of it went beyond the logic set by the story at times, but I could care less.

I hope to god if I replay the night of the third day, whatever that means, I will be able to save Saber this time. Her dying back in her own time really just tore me apart.

This will very likely to wear off in a few days, so I'm going to enjoy the feels I got from this while I can.
Instant recommendation.
The routes of F/S N are pretty hazy in my head right now, no doubt due to the lack of sleep, but I'm assuming that you've only finished one route? Because if so, 2 more routes of even greater hatred for those characters await you :D
Nobody in Particular

Shadowyeclipse wrote: Fuck Illya, I know I know, she's a little girl and everything, FUCK the priest, and FUCK GILGAMESH. I have not hated three characters any more than these three, with the exception of Illya. She just pisses me off, and it annoys me that Rin is so friendly with her despite the fact SHE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ARCHER'S DEATH. I give her mad props for killing Shinji though.
But Ilya, Kirei and Gilgamesh were three of the best characters in the game too.

By the sounds of it you have only finished the first route, Fate. Fate is usually considered to be the worst route in the game, so you should love the next two. Unlimited Blade Works (second route) was fantastic. Yes, F/SN is a very long VN
Shadowyeclipse

Post by Shadowyeclipse »

Shadowyeclipse wrote: Fuck Illya, I know I know, she's a little girl and everything, FUCK the priest, and FUCK GILGAMESH. I have not hated three characters any more than these three, with the exception of Illya. She just pisses me off, and it annoys me that Rin is so friendly with her despite the fact SHE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ARCHER'S DEATH. I give her mad props for killing Shinji though.
But Ilya, Kirei and Gilgamesh were three of the best characters in the game too.

By the sounds of it you have only finished the first route, Fate. Fate is usually considered to be the worst route in the game, so you should love the next two. Unlimited Blade Works (second route) was fantastic. Yes, F/SN is a very long VN

Yeah, I found out about that. UBW is supposed to be "Rin's" route, and Heaven's Feel or whatever it's called is supposed to be Sakura's?

You can only do HF after UBW, like you can only do UBW after fate.

But yeah, Fate pisses me off, in the end it feels like Shirou just let the very thing he was trying to prevent happen, (Unless you choose "Don't stop" second time around,) which really does annoy me.
I heard that there's a "Better" ending between Saber and Shirou if you unlock all dojos, so I'm going to finish the other two routes, then go and grab all the dojos I can.
Saber's death shouldn't be a true end, for fucks sake.

Nobody in Particular

Shadowyeclipse wrote: Yeah, I found out about that. UBW is supposed to be "Rin's" route, and Heaven's Feel or whatever it's called is supposed to be Sakura's?
Yup, that's true, although UBW and HF focus a lot less on the romance and more on the fantasy elements than Fate did. Personally I loved UBW and thought HF was total shit, but both are much popular than the first route, Fate.
Shadowyeclipse wrote: You can only do HF after UBW, like you can only do UBW after fate.
Yup, order is Fate > UBW > Heaven's Feel.
Shadowyeclipse wrote: But yeah, Fate pisses me off, in the end it feels like Shirou just let the very thing he was trying to prevent happen, (Unless you choose "Don't stop" second time around,) which really does annoy me.
Not really. He wanted to stick to his ideals and save the world, and that's basically what he did. If Fate pissed you off, the next two routes should have some very rage-inducing moments
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Has anyone gotten their hands on 'Mahotsukai no Yoru'? lit. "Magician's Night"

I'm considering of getting that on my next trip to Tokyo, but am kinda' juggling between that or Majikoi S.

and UBW is best route! :D

...HF is rated 'W' for 'WTF did I just read'. It's full of 'WTF' moments...
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Megumeru wrote:Has anyone gotten their hands on 'Mahotsukai no Yoru'? lit. "Magician's Night"

I'm considering of getting that on my next trip to Tokyo, but am kinda' juggling between that or Majikoi S.
Buy Majikoi S. :)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Shadowyeclipse

Post by Shadowyeclipse »

Shadowyeclipse wrote: Yeah, I found out about that. UBW is supposed to be "Rin's" route, and Heaven's Feel or whatever it's called is supposed to be Sakura's?
Yup, that's true, although UBW and HF focus a lot less on the romance and more on the fantasy elements than Fate did. Personally I loved UBW and thought HF was total shit, but both are much popular than the first route, Fate.
Shadowyeclipse wrote: You can only do HF after UBW, like you can only do UBW after fate.
Yup, order is Fate > UBW > Heaven's Feel.
Shadowyeclipse wrote: But yeah, Fate pisses me off, in the end it feels like Shirou just let the very thing he was trying to prevent happen, (Unless you choose "Don't stop" second time around,) which really does annoy me.
Not really. He wanted to stick to his ideals and save the world, and that's basically what he did. If Fate pissed you off, the next two routes should have some very rage-inducing moments
Well, I don't know about that. I'm going through UBW right now, really close to the end as I have just gotten to the point where the alliance with Lancer is made, officially making him my favorite anti-hero character ever, (After choosing the "On one condition" choice,) and I have no problems with it, despite the fact that I hate Archer even more. I hate him, and I hate Caster for fucking Saber up.

But I would be lying if I said that segment between Illya and Berserker wasn't something to jerk a few tears. I used to hate her, but I'm starting to find all the characters I end up hating are the ones I end up loving or appreciating, while the ones I used to appreciate, I end up hating.

I've heard that UBW was supposed to be the best route, and as of now, I don't have a counter to that, despite the fact I apparently cannot clear Rin's route on the first go, according to the Tiger Dojos, which I am trying to collect for the secret ending... but I'll see how that turns out.

acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

Megumeru wrote:Has anyone gotten their hands on 'Mahotsukai no Yoru'? lit. "Magician's Night"

Majikoi S is basically a nukige. Pathetic excuses for routes, designed just for screwing the heroines. (Tsubame and Monshiro are a little better than the rest, but nothing special.) Nothing like the first one which was really fun.
But then again Mahoyo isn't really well received either. It sure has some great character art and production values, though.