Hisao's 6 different personalities

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

traitor

Hisao's 6 different personalities

Post by traitor »

I like how our protagonist changes his personality in each of the girl's ending so that the two of them match each other. I also like how he starts out as a snarky pessimist brooder but slowly opens up in each of his endings. Although we're only shown a week of Hisao's progress, what kind of person do you think he'll turn into in each of the girl's script, and how does it reflect upon the player? Help me out here

Hanako - Hisao becomes a white knight who is extremely protective but also encouraging so that Hanako eventually comes out of her shell. No brainer here, appeals to players who enjoys taking care after small animals and preference towards pure 'first time' experiences.

Shizune - Hisao becomes competitive and playful, maybe also a little tsundere. Will he turn into Kyon? I can't wait to see what the path writer has to offer. Appeals to players who enjoys challenge, change, and the sense of accomplishment when Hisao eventually pierces into Shizune's tough exterior.

Lilly - Hisao becomes Hanako's dad. Appeals to players who prefers mature (or reserved) relationships, or players with fetish towards motherly figures. I really don't know what kind of player would be attracted to Lilly the most. I would assume those who, at some point in their life, had feelings towards mature and reserved women.

Emi - Hisao's personality becomes optimistic and playful during scenes with Emi. Their relationship would be close but with very little tension, like brother/sisters. Appeals to players who would like to have a little sister? Or lolicons? I'm not sure what the devs had in mind when Emi was designed, she wasn't very poplar during the demo, but I'm sure her path writer will add a lot more to her in the final release.

Rin - Hisao becomes a bit like Rin, the two of them start sprouting a lot of nonsense in their endings. This is interesting, because Hisao never had those kind of thoughts until his ending with her. Appeals to players that aren't interested in regular relationships, or players with unique personalities among his IRL circle of friends.

Kenji - Hisao swears a lot more, turns bitter and pessimistic. If he didn't make any close friends within the first week we see Hisao getting fed up and giving up his attempts at socializing. Do most players feel this way as well? If you enter a new environment and didn't enter any 'circles' at first, do you just give up?
Esa94

Re: Hisao's 6 different personalities

Post by Esa94 »

traitor wrote:Hanako - Hisao becomes a white knight who is extremely protective but also encouraging so that Hanako eventually comes out of her shell. No brainer here, appeals to players who enjoys taking care after small animals and preference towards pure 'first time' experiences.
Exactly the reason most seem to prefer Hanako at first.
traitor wrote:Rin - Hisao becomes a bit like Rin, the two of them start sprouting a lot of nonsense in their endings. This is interesting, because Hisao never had those kind of thoughts until his ending with her. Appeals to players that aren't interested in regular relationships, or players with unique personalities among his IRL circle of friends.
I think this sorta fits, too.

Those seem rather accurate, albeit short descriptions of what is likely. Apart from being a fatherly figure to Hanako, I can't imagine that happening.
Jaden82

Post by Jaden82 »

A lot of my female friends and ex-GFs accused me of having white knight syndrome. Explains why I plan on picking Hanako first when the final release comes out.
Being deaf has its advantages...such as I don't have to run into a burning building because I can't hear the screams for help.
traitor

Post by traitor »

Jaden82 wrote:A lot of my female friends and ex-GFs accused me of having white knight syndrome. Explains why I plan on picking Hanako first when the final release comes out.
accuse? Did they find white knights disturbing or what?

Man, I bet players get the most satisfaction out of completing sweet heart-stopping Hanako route.
Jaden82

Post by Jaden82 »

traitor wrote:accuse? Did they find white knights disturbing or what?
They were basically saying I go after girls with problems and try to help them out, not because I actually liked them. I've done that sometimes in high school but since then i have learned to pick my girls carefully. :D
Being deaf has its advantages...such as I don't have to run into a burning building because I can't hear the screams for help.
atat

Post by atat »

traitor wrote:
Jaden82 wrote:A lot of my female friends and ex-GFs accused me of having white knight syndrome. Explains why I plan on picking Hanako first when the final release comes out.
accuse? Did they find white knights disturbing or what?

Man, I bet players get the most satisfaction out of completing sweet heart-stopping Hanako route.
White Knight Syndrome can be a problem. You think you know better than the person, you come in an solve their problems? It's not always up to other people to solve other people's issues, for not only the fact that you might actually not be better than the alternative, but that it's a condescending attitude. 'With out me, your lost! I SAVED you.' etc...
Nixons back!!!!
PasterOfMuppets

Post by PasterOfMuppets »

Just gotta know which issues to touch and which to leave alone...
Works 'fer me~
Good joke... Everybody laugh... Roll on snare drum... Curtains...

Hanako = Shizune = Lilly = Rin > Kenji > Placeholder > Emi
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

traitor wrote:Kenji - Hisao swears a lot more, turns bitter and pessimistic. If he didn't make any close friends within the first week we see Hisao getting fed up and giving up his attempts at socializing. Do most players feel this way as well? If you enter a new environment and didn't enter any 'circles' at first, do you just give up?
Hisao won't make it to this point. He catches a bad case of the dead.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Ar Grathnos

Post by Ar Grathnos »

G3n0c1de wrote:
traitor wrote:Kenji - Hisao swears a lot more, turns bitter and pessimistic. If he didn't make any close friends within the first week we see Hisao getting fed up and giving up his attempts at socializing. Do most players feel this way as well? If you enter a new environment and didn't enter any 'circles' at first, do you just give up?
Hisao won't make it to this point. He catches a bad case of the dead.
Yeah, I noticed that too. Kenji is to Hisao's life what water (particularly oxygen) is to sodium.

Yeah that's right, chemistry up in here.
My order of favorites; Hanako=Lilly>=Rin>=Emi>>>>Shizune
I'm crazy, what of it?
Napalm

Post by Napalm »

I don't think Hisao necessarily needs to transform into a clone of the girl just because he starts going out with them. Sure, it could work in some cases, like in Shiznes, where it seems there'll be a little bit of competition and one-upping each other with dares. On the other hand, I don't think this would really work with Rin. She is the way she is, and I don't think Hisao will ever turn even a little bit into her. Possibly it would be the other way around.
Nyo ho ho~
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Napalm wrote:I don't think Hisao necessarily needs to transform into a clone of the girl just because he starts going out with them. Sure, it could work in some cases, like in Shiznes, where it seems there'll be a little bit of competition and one-upping each other with dares. On the other hand, I don't think this would really work with Rin. She is the way she is, and I don't think Hisao will ever turn even a little bit into her. Possibly it would be the other way around.
Agreed. I see Hisao acting as Rin's rock. When she starts floating 'out there' he'll be there to ground her, to bring her back down to earth.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
MultipleChoice

Post by MultipleChoice »

traitor wrote:Emi - Hisao's personality becomes optimistic and playful during scenes with Emi. Their relationship would be close but with very little tension, like brother/sisters. Appeals to players who would like to have a little sister? Or lolicons? I'm not sure what the devs had in mind when Emi was designed, she wasn't very poplar during the demo, but I'm sure her path writer will add a lot more to her in the final release.

Rin - Hisao becomes a bit like Rin, the two of them start sprouting a lot of nonsense in their endings. This is interesting, because Hisao never had those kind of thoughts until his ending with her. Appeals to players that aren't interested in regular relationships, or players with unique personalities among his IRL circle of friends.
I think one of the biggest reasons that Emi isn't popular in the demo is because of how she ambushes you. You're minding your own business chasing some other girl and BAM! Emi hits you like a heart attack. And since you don't really build any rapport with her before it happens, the player ends up feeling forced into a relationship they didn't want regardless of whether or not they may grow to like Emi. Also, she's the least developed of the 5 girls in every sense of the word, at least by the end of Act 1.

As for Rin, I CANNOT see Hisao becoming like Rin. Rather, I think that Hisao will begin to understand Rin and her path of logic. It's not that Rin makes no sense: She just thinks about things from a different angle, and once you understand that angle I think a lot will snap into focus. Hisao will definitely develop an enjoyment of simply BEING, but he's not going to start spouting awkward logic everywhere.
From Act 1: Rin > Hanako > Lilly > Emi > Shizune

Fully Story: Rin > Lilly > Emi > Hanako > Shizune
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

To be honest, I think it's mostly just an inevitability of having five different writers trying to portray the same character in first person than anything intentional.

That said, speculah on.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

A1phaDrag0n

Post by A1phaDrag0n »

The treatment (importantly the drugs used) combined with the emotional stress of everything Hisao went through in the first five minutes of the game could have caused dormant split personalities locked deep away in his head to awaken... each persona being unstable due to it's rude awaking, they would attach to individuals meet through out the school, only growing as Hisao spends time with the individual. Then again, that could be completely wrong, I'm not even sure split-personality disorder is a real disorder or a plot point in movies <.<
Hanako=Rin>Lilly>Misha=Emi>Shizune

"They probably think you're a furry, your signature screams it. If they don't they definitely think your a newfag..."

"... lurk moar?"

"Probably your best bet at this point..."
DMGnome

Post by DMGnome »

Dissasociative Identity Disorder is the closest thing to Hollywood-style multiple personalities. However, it's so rare that many psychologists think it probably doesn't exist.
Fans destroy things by loving them too much. This is one of the fundamental laws of the universe.